Whether you’re an architect, photographer, graphic designer, or you need a printer for your family or professional office environment, you need the best 11×17 all in one printer to meet your needs with a single machine. While these large format printers can all copy, scan, and print, some have certain features (like the automatic document feeder) that can simplify tasks.
However, finding the best all-in-one printer that prints 11×17 can be a confusing and challenging process since various vendors and models are available at your disposal. To help you find the right large format printer for your needs, we have curated an elaborate list of available printers on the market right now, based on their performance and users’ feedback. This post will also show you some of the things you need to keep in mind when shopping..
Now, let’s get started!
Best 11×17 All In One Printer for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Don’t feel like reading the whole review? Check the comparison table below to see the list of the top printers we’ve curated and their features.
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|Epson WorkForce Pro WF-7840||Check The Price|
|Epson EcoTank ET-15000||Check The Price|
|Brother MFC-J6545DW||Check The Price|
|HP OfficeJet Pro 7740||Check The Price|
|Pantum M29DW-W5M23A||Check The Price|
|Canon PIXMA TS9520||Check The Price|
|Epson Expression Photo XP-970||Check The Price|
|Brother MFC-J6930DW||Check The Price|
1. Epson WorkForce Pro WF-7840
- Fax, Copy, Scan, and Print functions
- 12 ppm print speed for color prints and 25 ppm for monochrome
- Supports Alexa, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB port.
- Automatic document feeder (ADF), Android Printing, Apple AirPrint, and Mopria Print Services.
Suppose you’re looking for a new printer to ensure high performance and professional quality for your office tasks and help you save up on energy bills. In that case, the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-7840 AIO printer deserves your attention. This printer is loaded with features ranging from copious connectivity options to generous paper capacity to innovative printing technology that makes it a versatile option for office or personal use.
The printer supports media up to 13″ x 19″ and comes with a 4.3 touchscreen display and functional buttons for easier setup and operation even without a PC. With up to 4800 x 2400 dpi print resolution and the innovative PrecisionCore Heat-Free technology, this printer offers impeccable details for photos, images, and graphics.
The printer has excellent printing and copying speed, supports double-sided scanning, copying, and printing operations without the user’s intervention. It supports borderless printing, PC-free printing with different media types and sizes, and has a myriad of connectivity options, including smart voice assistance, making it one of the most versatile AIO printers we’ve seen. It is designed for productivity with high-precision printing and 500-sheet paper capacity.
- It is fast and has excellent output.
- It has a vast paper (media) capacity.
- It offers borderless tabloid and super tabloid printing.
- It is easy to operate without a PC.
- It features a myriad of connectivity options with smart assistant support.
- The printer is weighty.
- There’s a higher cost of printing per page than some other models on this list.
2. Epson EcoTank ET-15000
- Top print speed of 9 ppm for color prints and 17 ppm for monochrome.
- Alexa and Google assistant, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, and USB port.
- Borderless printing, 2-sided duplex printing, Android Printing, Apple AirPrint, and Mopria Print Services.
There’s a lot more to the cost of a wide-format AIO printer than just the acquisition cost: even an affordable inkjet device can eat away your expected savings with its ink costs. If you want the most affordable ink, the EcoTank ET-15000 from Epson might be perfect for you. The printer features a sleek body and comes with extra-large ink cartridges and a replacement ink bottle set that offers up to 2 years of printing.
Although it has a high initial cost, it boasts a high resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi and low-cost printing – making it a printer with excellent output and the lowest running cost we’ve seen. The scan and copy quality are outstanding, support different media types, and you can customize almost every setting or print without a PC, thanks to its 2.7-inch color touchscreen. It also has decent connectivity and 33000 pages per month monthly duty cycle, making it suitable for businesses with low to medium printing capacity.
- It has a compact, stylish and professional look with durable construction.
- The print cost is extremely low.
- The print, scan, and copy result is outstanding.
- It is easy to configure and operate.
- It has decent connectivity options and supports voice assistants.
- The print speed can be upgraded.
- The initial cost is high.
3. Brother MFC-J6545DW INKvestmentTank Printer
- Up to 50-sheet ADF.
- 20 ppm for color prints and 22 ppm for monochrome.
- Extra-large ink cartridges (Investment tank Ink System) with Dash Replenishment feature that automatically measures the ink level and orders for more when it’s low.
- Supports borderless printing, automatic two-sided printing, and duplex printing.
If you’re on the hunt for all in one printer with the most affordable ink, the Brother MFC-J6545DW INKvestmentTank AIO Printer might be the best choice for you. The printer features up to one year supply of ink in the box and features extra-large ink cartridges, which reduce frequent ink replacement and adds up to the lowest running costs we’ve seen. When you activate the Dash Replenishment feature, the printer provides the versatility, affordability, and convenience you need without worrying about running out of ink.
Moreover, the printer has impressive faxing, copying, scanning, and printing capabilities. The print output is crystal clear and detailed. The page gauge feature monitors the ink and displays the remaining estimated pages to avoid running out of ink and take the guesswork out of when to replace the ink. The scan and print speed and its duplex printing’s swiftness is also one of the fastest we have seen. The control panel is responsive and easy to use, making it an excellent choice for people who need a printer to handle low to medium printing tasks even without a PC.
- The running cost is very low.
- It has 3 paper input sources and page gauge features.
- The printer is competitively fast.
- The print and scan quality is impressive.
- It is easy to operate.
- A few users complained about the unavailable tech support.
4. HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
- Top print speed of 18 ppm for color prints and 22 ppm for B/W.
- Works with Alexa and offers freedom with the HP smart app.
- Supports automatic document feeder, AirPrint, Wireless printing, and 2-sided duplex printing.
If you’re looking to expand your professional office environment’s potential with its Fax, Copy, Scan, and Print functions, then this HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 might be perfect for you. Apart from its versatility, this printer offers up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi print resolution, making it great for printing images. Despite its high resolution, the printer offers an impressive printing speed and a monthly duty cycle of 30,000 pages that makes it ideal for completing your office workloads.
Although this is an inkjet printer, its print quality is almost laser-like, especially for printing photos. Moreover, its printing costs are dramatically lower when compared to its competitors (and some competitive laser printers). That is because this printer’s cartridges come in both XL and standard sizes, offering you about 3000 pages per cartridge page yield.
The printer comes with a color touchscreen display for easy operation and control without using a computer. It has various connectivity options for easy operation. The scan has a superb dynamic range and high color accuracy, and the email print option allows you to send items for printing virtually anywhere. If you regularly work with A3 documents, this might be the best 11×17 all-in-one printer for you.
- The initial cost is affordable.
- Despite having four cartridges, its output quality is superb.
- It is easy to set up and operate.
- It has wireless connectivity and can print via Google cloud.
- The printer is fast and handles multiple-sized paper well.
- A few users complained about the frustrating HP support site.
5. Pantum M29DW-W5M23A
- 33 ppm (A4) and up to 35 ppm (letter) for monochrome.
- Supports multiple media sizes, ADF, auto two-sided printing, mobile printing, mute printing.
- Metal frame structure construction
- 60000-page monthly duty cycle.
The Pantum M29DW-W5M23A multifunction laser printer is packed with features like NFC touch to print, fax capability, fast duplex copying and printing, a fast ADF, and a myriad of connectivity options. It is a monochrome laser printer that provides fast document printing with an output that looks clear and sharp every time. Considering its price point, it’s easily one of the overall top all-in-one printers that print 11×17 – provided that you don’t need to print in color.
Apart from being one of the fastest printers we’ve seen, it can handle different media types and has a higher page monthly duty cycle, making it suitable for small to large businesses. The printer even handles duplex printing faster than some models can make one-sided documents. It comes with a two-year warranty and a 12000-Page Drum unit, and a 1500-Page starter toner cartridge, making it the best 11×17 all in one printer with unbeatable printing cost.
- The printing and copying speed is fast.
- The printer is affordable.
- The printing cost is low.
- It has several connectivity options.
- The construction is stylish and durable.
- It is a monochrome printer, people who need a colored printer should look elsewhere.
- It has no voice assistant.
6. Canon PIXMA TS9520 --- Best for photos
- Dual paper trays.
- 10 ppm for color prints and 15 ppm for monochrome.
- Five color individual ink system with support for various media types and sizes.
The most apparent reason to like the Canon PIXMA TS9520 is its excellent-looking graphics, text, and photos, thanks to its five-color individual ink system. But there’s more to the TS9520 than incredible output.
The printer comes with dual paper trays for a total capacity of 200 sheets and senses the correct media size reasonably well. The automatic duplexer makes two-sided printing a breeze. You can also utilize the Canon Print app for scanning to and printing from your mobile devices and various cloud sites. The copying and scanning offer speedy performance, as well. This device has got everything a home office needs (provided you don’t rely on faxing).
- The output quality is phenomenal.
- It has robust connectivity options.
- The printer setup is a breeze.
- The printer is responsive and easy to use.
- From our survey, some users complain about its high ink cost.
- There’s no Wi-Fi Direct and faxing capabilities.
7. Epson Expression Photo XP-970
- Specialty papers and a dedicated tray for printing directly onto CDs and DVDs.
- Top print speed of 8.5 ppm for color prints and 28 ppm for monochrome.
- Six-color Claria® photo HD ink with support for various media types and sizes.
- Large 4.3-inch color touchscreen and PC-free printing.
Suppose you’re an avid photographer or craft enthusiast. In that case, the Epson Expression Photo XP-970 is probably the best 11×17 all-in-one printer for you. This printer produces excellent-looking graphics, text, and photos, with a resolution of 5760 x 1440, thanks to its six-color Claria® photo HD ink. Apart from that, it supports photo paper of every kind – matte, semi-gloss, and gloss – as well as plain old printer paper, self-adhesive sheets, iron-on transfer, scrapbook paper, and brochure paper which makes it more versatile than some AIO printers on our list.
The printer has a dedicated tray that makes printing labels directly onto CD and DVD a breeze. There’s also copying and scanning capabilities for added distinction and the ability to print wirelessly or without your PC. Although it is cheaper than some of the competition, the ink it uses is a bit expensive. However, if you want a cost-effective AIO printer to print any sort of volume, this is perfect for you.
- The output quality is excellent for photography.
- It is affordably priced.
- The design and build quality are good.
- It is versatile and handles other media types well.
- It is easy to set up and use.
- It has no ADF.
- The print speed can be upgraded.
8. Brother MFC-J6930DW
- Support up to 50-sheet ADF.
- Maximum print speed of 20 ppm for color prints and 22 ppm for monochrome.
- High Yield Ink Cartridges, 2 large capacity paper trays (250-sheet capacity each)
- 7-inch color touchscreen and print without a PC.
The Brother MFC-J6930DW inkjet printer is packed with features like fax capability, a second paper tray, a fast ADF, and a fast duplex printing, scanning, and copying. The printer has a solid construction and a compact body with robust connectivity and flexible paper handling that makes it suitable for use in a home or office setting.
The automatic duplexer and 500 sheets paper capacity makes large volume and two-sided printing a breeze. The high-yield replacement ink cartridges offer higher page yields that add up to its low running cost.
On top of that, the printer offers impressive print output (4800 x 1200 dpi) and printing speeds that beat the category average. That above-average quality and same zippy speed were found in copies and scans, making it a great choice for anyone, even if you are not purchasing it for its affordable running cost.
- The running cost is low.
- It has dual trays and 3 paper input sources.
- The printer is competitively fast.
- The print and scan quality is impressive.
- It is easy to operate.
- The photo quality is below average.
Buying an All-in-One Printer Guide
Some of the things to look for include:
Scan and Print Speed
This is the estimated amount of time an AIO printer takes to scan or print a document or picture. Print speed is expressed in pages per minute (ppm), and this value is affected by the cartridges you’re using (color or black), what you’re printing (images or text), your media type, and the print’s quality. Suppose you would be dealing with large volume jobs. In that case, we recommend selecting a printer with a faster print/scan speed as it would allow you to complete your task on time.
Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
This feature allows you to load your printer with several media pages so that the machine can automatically feed them one after the other into the printer or scanner without its users’ intervention. For ultimate convenience and speed, we recommend going with a model that comes with an ADF and duplex printing and scanning capabilities (i.e., the ability to scan or print on both sides of a paper).
11×17″ AIO printers tend to be larger than regular printers. While avoiding a model that will take over your entire desk is a smart move, selecting a printer with wireless connectivity will give you more freedom in determining where to place the printer. Also, a printer with robust connectivity and a responsive control panel will allow you to tackle your scanning and printing tasks without the need for a PC.
The price and running cost of an 11×17″ AIO printer is an essential aspect to consider. While some printers come with an affordable initial cost, they can eat away your expected savings with their running cost (ink and energy costs). If you’re on a budget, we recommend going for an energy-saving device with lower ink cost and higher numbers of pages each cartridge can produce.
With so many printers to choose from, finding the best 11×17 all-in-one printer or one that suits your needs can be challenging. Luckily, you can never go wrong with the eight products we have featured in this review.