3D printing has changed the world for the better. From robots to household items, you can print anything under the sun with the right printer and printing material. We like using nylon for 3D printing since it is more versatile than other common filaments such as ABS, PLS, etc.
Moreover, it has the added advantages of tensile strength, flexibility, high-layer resolution, and a lot more. With the best 3D printer for nylon, you can take your 3D printing game to the next level!
Best 3D Printer for Nylon for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
The million-dollar question is: How to choose the best 3D printers for nylon when there are hundreds of them available in the market? This list of the best 3D printers is the answer. The in-depth reviews below will help you make the right choice.
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|QIDI TECH 3D Printer||Check The Price|
|Dremel DigiLab 3D40 FLEX 3D Printer||Check The Price|
|Monoprice Voxel 3D Printer||Check The Price|
|Creality Ender 3 Max 3D Printer||Check The Price|
|Dremel 3D45-01 3D Printer||Check The Price|
|FlashForge Adventurer 3 Lite FDM 3D Printer||Check The Price|
|ANYCUBIC Mega-S 3D Printer||Check The Price|
1. QIDI TECH 3D Printer
- Dual Extruder Assembly
- Removable Plate
- Heating Bed
- Slicing Software
We have used 3D printers to create various items, and the 3D printer that we loved using is the QIDI Tech 3D printer. Equipped with dual extrusion technology, this 3D printer deserves first place in our list due to its high-quality features.
From home/hobby printing to use in engineering, design, and education, this printer will be your best friend everywhere. It features breakpoint printing and comes with an upgraded 4.3” touch screen with smart & easy operation.
Moreover, the aluminum platform is high-temperature resistant and durable. You can easily heat it up to 120℃. The removable, curved metal plate makes it very easy for you to remove the model once you have finished printing.
- The printer is very easy to set up and use. Moreover, it doesn’t require a lot of maintenance and upkeep.
- You can easily print objects with more than one color, and can use multiple filament types.
- It has a high print precision and excellent printing speed.
- With an extended warranty of one year, if you have any issues with the machine, you can call in for a replacement.
- In case you have any queries, they have a fast and supportive customer service team that will get back to you within 24 hours.
- You may face some issues with bed-leveling.
2. Dremel DigiLab 3D40 FLEX 3D Printer
- Flexible Build Plate
- Precision: 50 Micron layers (1/20th mm)
- Automatic Leveling System
If budget isn’t an issue for you, and you want the best quality product that money can buy, you need to take a look at the Dremel DigiLab 3D40 Flex 3D printer. With accurate and reliable printing, this precise printer is worth every penny you spend on it.
It has undergone rigorous testing, with over 800 hours of internal testing by Bosch and third-party testing by UL for safety & performance. With a flexible metal printing plate, it gives you the best results with high resolution.
You can easily remove the finished prints from the printing bed. Apart from nylon, the printer is compatible with a variety of other filaments. It is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, iPad, and Chromebook.
- This printer is network-friendly, with USB, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet connectivity.
- It is equipped with proxy and static IP as well for easy and quick network setup.
- The flexible build plate comes with a magnetic snap-on mechanism as well as ergonomic handles.
- The automated 9-point levelling system along with the auto-levelling sensor detects and removes any discrepancies.
- The printer comes in a completely enclosed housing setup for quiet operation along with improved print quality.
- The filaments don’t come with the printer.
3. Monoprice Voxel 3D Printer
- Wi-Fi Supported
- Heated Build Plate
- Touch Screen
Most of us need 3D printers but don’t have the budget to buy one. There are many cheap printers in the market, but their quality is poor as well. Searching for a budget 3D printer that not only gives you a high-quality product but is reliable as well?
Look no further than the Monoprice Voxel 3D printer. When you are working with other printers, and have to change the nozzle, it usually takes around 20 to 30 minutes. However, the quick-change nozzle on Monoprice Voxel lets you change the nozzle within seconds, and that too, without any special tools!
The flexible and removable build plate makes it very easy for you to remove finished products. The build plate can be heated up to 60°C. The printer is calibrated and is ready to print right out of the box. However, if you need to make any adjustments, you do that via the easy to access touchscreen.
- It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- The printer comes with an auto-feeding filament sensor that makes loading filaments very easy.
- There is a built-in sensor that lets you know when the filament levels are low and pauses the printing until you load the filament.
- It has an internal memory of 8 GB.
- When it comes to connectivity options, it has a USB port, a Wi-Fi radio, and a built-in camera.
- You have to reconfigure the IP address each time you restart the printer.
4. Creality Ender 3 Max 3D Printer
- Supports English & Chinese
- 32 bit Motherboard
- Alumina Frame
- DIY Upgradable
Searching for a printer with effective heat dissipation? Look no further than the Creality Ender 3 Max 3D printer. The axial cooling fan dissipates heat while the double blower fan promotes fast cooling on the extruded filament that helps with better printing.
Moreover, the printer has a larger workspace which gives you a large print size. You get extremely precise printing with this 3D printer since it has a heat resistant copper nozzle along with a modular hotend.
The all-metal extruder allows the filament to melt rapidly and extrude smoothly. The stable and smooth linear pulley system within the printer ensures quiet printing. The carborundum glass platform has excellent heat resistance which helps the prints to adhere easily and doesn’t let them warp.
- The H-shaped metal base along with the alumina frame gives a stable construction that is both artistic and practical.
- The 3D printer has a resume printing function that allows you to keep printing right from where you left it in case of an emergency or a power outage.
- The platform is hard, flat, and is resistant to scratches.
- We really like their customer support system – if you have any queries, they will get back to you within 24 hours with a solution.
- BL touch doesn’t come with the package.
5. Dremel 3D45-01 3D Printer
- 4mm nozzle
- 5-inch touch screen
- HD Camera
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
The next 3D printer up on the list has several accolades and awards under its belt. Dremel 3D45-01 has the Google for Education Partner along with the Editors’ Choice Award by PCMag to its name. With an easily removable glass plate that gets heated up to 100°C and a 0.4 mm nozzle, the printer will make all your 3D nylon printing dreams come true.
It is compatible with Windows and Mac OS. With a 5-inch touch screen that is full-colour, you can easily set the printer up within a few minutes. With a sturdy plastic design and large print volume, printing doesn’t get any better than this.
The printer not only has Wi-Fi connectivity but comes with a built-in HD camera as well. The remote printing software allows you to print and monitor the prints no matter where you are. If you don’t have the internet, you can use a USB to print.
- You get a scraper, glue sticks, and two rolls of filament with the 3D printer.
- The all-metal extruder delivers smooth and fast 3D prints since it is clog-resistant.
- When the filament runs out, the printer automatically stops printing and lets you reload the filament before printing again.
- The in-built leveling sensor increases the reliability of the printing by adding precision leveling.
- If you use third-party filaments, it will void the warranty on the nozzle.
6. FlashForge Adventurer 3 Lite FDM 3D Printer
- 45 dB Printing Noise Level
- Heated Build Plate
- Full-Color Touch Screen
- Detachable Nozzle
With a high layer resolution and an excellent build volume, we have the FlashForge Adventurer 3D printer on our list. The printer is compatible with a variety of filaments including nylon, metal, and wood, which makes it very versatile.
It has a high nozzle speed, so you will be able to print a lot of things in a very short period of time. For easy cleaning, the nozzle is detachable. Simply press the button on the side and you can quickly detach the nozzle, clean it, and install it back in no time.
The nozzle heats up very quickly – in almost 50 seconds so that you can get the printer up and running very quickly. The printer has a removable, heated build plate that makes the removal of the 3D printed objects easy and hassle-free.
- The printer comes with a 2.8-inch intuitive touch screen that allows you to operate the printer very easily.
- With a noise level of 45 dB, you get an ultra-quiet operation that gives a very pleasant printing experience.
- You don’t have to calibrate the plate as it is already leveled at the factory.
- The printer is ready to print right out of the box – plug it in, load some filament, and get printing!
- The printing area is relatively small.
7. ANYCUBIC Mega-S 3D Printer
- TFT Touch Screen
- Patented 3D printing platform
- Free Test Filament
- Suspended Filament Rack
The last but certainly not the least product on our list is the ANYCUBIC Mega-S 3D printer which won our hearts with its user-friendly features. You will be surprised and happy to know that the printer works in 3 simple, and easy steps.
With only 8 screws and 3 cables, you can get the printer up and running in no time, which we really appreciated when we started out in the world of 3D printing. It has a rigid metal frame that minimizes shaking and adds to the overall print quality.
The titan extruder gives you precise extrusion for 3D printing with the solid filament drive. The overall mechanical design of the printer is compatible with most of the filaments out there which not only makes it versatile but also decreases the risk of nozzle clogging.
- If there is an unexpected stoppage such as a sudden power outage, the printer comes with a resume feature that allows you to print right where you left from.
- When you run out of filament, the built-in sensor not only pauses the printing but also sets off an alarm in case you are nearby.
- The patented printing platform is coated with a microporous coating that gives excellent adhesion when you are printing.
- The TFT touch screen is very responsive and makes the printer very easy to use and operate.
- Some users complain of heating issues.
There are several 3D printers for nylon available in the market. What makes one printer better than the other? To know this, you have to look at features such as metal extruders, heated bed plates, etc.
Let’s take a look at some of the factors you need to keep an eye out for in this compact yet comprehensive buying guide.
If you are buying a 3D printer for nylon, search for ones that have all-metal extruders. This will allow you to remove the nozzle easily after printing for easy and quick cleanup. Dremel 3D45-01 3D Printer on our list comes with an all-metal extruder.
Heated Bed Plate
When you are working with nylon, you need a heated build plate to improve the quality and stability of your 3D prints. A heated bed will give you accurate, precise, and finely crafted 3D prints.
Most of the products on our list come with heated beds, but QIDI TECH 3D Printer is the best product with amazing heat control.Since nylon has a high melting point, you can with 3D printers that have an open buil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the pros of working with nylon filament?
There are several advantages of working with nylon filament. It is strong and flexible as compared to other filaments available in the market. Moreover, it has a higher layer resolution along with high resistance to impact.
With no unpleasant odor and abrasion resistance, nylon 3D prints will last for quite a long time.
Q: What are the cons of working with nylon filament?
Like everything else in the world, there are cons to working with nylon filament as well. Nylon attracts water and moisture very easily. Since nylon is flexible, it warps very easily as well if you don’t take proper care. Moreover, nylon filament needs a higher temperature than most printer nozzles can give, so you will have to be very careful while choosing the right D printer for nylon.
Q: What should I do if the printing bed is too smooth?
If the printing bed is too smooth, you can use sandpaper and stick it on the surface. It will improve the hold and will improve the end results. Use fine-grit sandpaper and ensure that it doesn’t permanently damage your printing bed.
From household items to robots and engineering products, the best 3D printer for nylon can help you create amazing prints. With so many options available, it is easy for you to get confused. In this article, we have reviewed the best 3D printers for nylon that are high-quality and feature-full products.
The in-depth reviews and the compact yet comprehensive buying guide will make the final choice a lot easier for you.
Happy 3D Printing, Folks!