Do you want to scan and save old family photographs, your art portfolio, or official documents? Then, you should really consider investing in a large format scanner. To help you navigate the murky swamp of electronics, we have prepared a list of the top 10 scanners available in the market today. Our in-depth guide and product recommendations will help you to buy the best large format scanner available in 2022.
List Of Best Large Format Scanner
- Epson Perfection V850 Pro Large Format Scanner
- Fujitsu FI-7240 Duplex Scanner with ADF & Flatbed
- Canon ImageFormula DR-C225 II Large Format Scanner
- Epson Perfection V600 Document Scanner
- CZUR Auro-B Document Desktop Scanner
- Epson WorkForce ES-50 Portable Document Scanner
- Plustek OpticSlim-1180 Large Format Flatbed Scanner
- Brother High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner ADS-2200
- Epson FastFoto FF-680W Photo & Document Scanner
- Magnasonic All-in-One 22 MP Film Scanner
The Best Large Format Scanner for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
To help you on your quest to find the best large format flatbed scanner, we have prepared a thorough list of the 10 best products that you can find online. This list will help you find out the best products available for all kinds of price ranges and purposes. Make sure to go through our comprehensive buying guide as well.
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|Epson Perfection V850 Pro Large Format Scanner||Check The Price|
|Fujitsu FI-7240 Duplex Scanner with ADF & Flatbed||Check The Price|
|Canon ImageFormula DR-C225 II Large Format Scanner||Check The Price|
|Epson Perfection V600 Document and Photo Scanner||Check The Price|
|CZUR Aura-B Document Desktop Scanner||Check The Price|
|Epson WorkForce ES-50 Portable Document Scanner||Check The Price|
|Plustek OpticSlim 1180 A3 Large Format Scanner with Flatbed||Check The Price|
|Brother High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner ADS-2200||Check The Price|
|Epson FastFoto FF-680W Photo and Document Scanner||Check The Price|
|Magnasonic All-in-1 22 MP Film Scanner||Check The Price|
1. Epson Perfection V850 Pro Large Format Scanner
- Digital ICE removes surface defects
- LaserSoft Imaging SilverFast SE Plus
- Maximum 6400 x 9600 DPI available
- Adjusted film holders included
- Epson dual lens system
- Compatible with all OS
If you’re on the lookout for the best large format scanner, the Epson Perfection V850 is the most obvious choice. You might be familiar with the V600, which is a less powerful model than this. It has a dual-lens system, allowing you a maximum resolution of 6400 x 9600 DPI. It also comes with LaserSoft SilverFast software, which improves productivity. We also love the digital ICE defect detection system.
- Epson Perfection V850’s dual-lens system has a large maximum resolution.
- The included software is amazing and can greatly enhance productivity.
- Perfection 850’s digital ICE is designed to remove images’ surface defects.
- The light source of the scanners warms up instantaneously.
- The Epson Perfection V850 can be expensive.
2. Fujitsu FI-7240 Duplex Scanner with ADF & Flatbed
- Compatible with all kinds of documents
- Fujitsu PaperStream ClickScan software
- Maximum 600 x 600 DPI
- Speed of 40 pages/minute
- TWAIN driver is included
- Intelligent paper feeding system
The Fujitsu FI-7240 is the best document scanner for office purposes. It has an amazing intelligent auto paper feeder (ADF) that can handle 80 pages at a time. It also has a maximum scanning speed of 40 pages every minute. The PaperStream ClickScan software is also very easy to use and can enhance productivity greatly. The included TWAIN driver makes this scanner easy to hook up with all operating systems.
- Fujitsu’s ADF system is intelligent and can handle 80 pages at once.
- It has a maximum scanning speed of 40 pages per minute.
- The ClickScan software is simple and also very easy to use.
- The flatbed scanner also has a large scanning area.
- The 600 DPI optical resolution is disappointing.
3. Canon ImageFormula DR-C225 II Large Format Scanner
- Scans and uploads to cloud folders
- Canon CaptureOnTouch V4 & TWAIN driver
- Maximum 600 x 600 DPI
- Compatible with all document types
- 25 pages/minute
- Applicable in many environments
The Canon DR-C225 II is our favorite large format scanner if you’re on a budget. This machine has a large scanning area and a lot of amazing features. Firstly, the DR-C225 II can directly upload all scanned documents to the cloud folder of your choice. Secondly, the scanner is 100% compatible with all kinds of document types. Lastly, this scanner has an amazing speed of 25 color pages every minute.
- Canon’s CaptureOnTouch V4 software is ideal for all kinds of environments.
- This scanner is compatible with a wide range of document types.
- The DR-C225 II has a maximum scanning speed of 25 pages/minute.
- It is small, compact, and efficient.
- The maximum resolution of 600 DPI isn’t great.
4. Epson Perfection V600 Document Scanner
- Digital ICE for films and prints
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR software
- Maximum 6400 x 9600 DPI
- Epson Easy Photo Fix software
- ArcSoft Photo Studio
- ReadyScan LED source
The Epson Perfection line of scanners is one of our favorite scanner choices. In fact, the Epson Perfection V600 is the best large format film scanner on the market. Like all Perfection models, it has a digital ICE system that can remove imperfections from film and images. It also has OCR software that can convert your scanned documents into editable text instantly. It also comes with a photo editing software.
- Epson Perfection V600 comes with a full line of amazing software.
- The huge optical resolution reproduces artwork in stunning quality.
- Perfection V600 has ABBYY OCR that can convert scanned documents into text.
- The ReadyScan light source can be used instantaneously.
- It’s difficult to set it up with MacOS.
5. CZUR Auro-B Document Desktop Scanner
- Laser & AI for book scanning
- Scanning speed of 2 seconds/age
- 32 LED & 2 supplemental lights
- Can be controlled via an app
- Combines images into PDF
- In-built OCR function
We were looking for desktop scanners that can be used to scan large books, documents, artwork, etc. It has an in-built CPU with laser lights and AI that can scan even thick books without any errors or noise. This amazing scanner can also be controlled with freeware and a mobile app. It has a scanning speed of 2 seconds/page. It has a maximum scanning size of A3 as well.
- The CZUR Aura-B is the best desktop scanner with high accuracy.
- It has an amazing AI-assisted scanning speed of 2 seconds/page.
- It has a laser system that scans large documents with accuracy.
- The Aura-B can be controlled with an app.
- Setting it up can be rather tricky.
6. Epson WorkForce ES-50 Portable Document Scanner
- Compatible with MS Windows and Mac
- Scans directly to the cloud
- Fit with Epson Nuance OCR
- Epson ScanSmart software included
- Automatic document feeder mode
- Comes with TWAIN driver
If your job requires you to scan images and documents on the go, the Epson WorkForce ES-50 is the best scanner for you. This is a compact and handheld model that you can carry around in your backpack. Despite being small, the WorkForce ES-50 can scan a single sheet in 5.5 seconds. This USB-powered scanner can handle all kinds of documents and upload them directly to the cloud folder.
- The Epson WorkForce ES-50 is the best portable scanner available.
- It has a scanning speed of 5.5 seconds/page.
- The scanner comes preloaded with Epson Nuance OCR & Epson ScanSmart software.
- You only need to plug it in via USB.
- The optical resolution of 600 DPI is not great.
7. Plustek OpticSlim-1180 Large Format Flatbed Scanner
- Compatible with A3 size documents
- DocAction software for file sharing
- Comes with ABBYY FineReader 12 OCR
- 1200 DPI optical resolution
- Easy-to-use one-touch buttons
- Powerful LED light source
The Plustek OpticSlim 1180 is the best large format flatbed scanner you can find online. This device can scan large documents of A3 size, and is suitable for art and blueprints. It has a decent resolution of 1200 DPI and comes with a no-warm-up LED light source. We love the OpticSlim so much because it comes with a software bundle containing FineReader 12 OCR and DocAction for file sharing.
- Plustek OpticSlim 1180 can easily handle A3-sized documents.
- It has a maximum optical resolution of 1200 DPI for artwork.
- ABBYY FineReader 12 OCR and DocAction are included.
- The LED light source is powerful and doesn’t require warming up.
- The scanning speed of 8 seconds is rather slow.
8. Brother High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner ADS-2200
- Scanning speed of 35 pages/minute
- Comes with Brother scan software suite
- Simple & easy-to-use software interface
- 1200 DPI optical resolution
- Scan-to destination feature available
- Compatible with all drivers
The ADS-2200 is the best large format scanner that you can buy online these days. If you’re intending to use the scanner for professional purposes, then this is just perfect. It has a simple UI and a high optical resolution, allowing you to scan 35 double pages in a minute. It also has a great software suite that will let you save scans directly to destination folders on the devices.
- Brother’s Kofax PaperPort SE will let you create PDFs and OCR documents.
- The scanner has a speed of 35 pages/minute.
- Brother ADS-2200 has a decent optical resolution of 1200 DPI.
- It’s very easy to set up and use.
- Brother ADS-2200 is not ideal for Linux users.
9. Epson FastFoto FF-680W Photo & Document Scanner
- Easy Polaroid scanning
- Unique picture imaging
- Comes with single-step technology
- Easy sharing and documenting
- Features powerful 1200dpi
- Powerful scanning with OCR
The Epson FotoFast FF-680W is a photo and document scanner that’s best for archival purposes. If you’re looking for a powerful large format scanner that will scan and preserve precious photos and memories, then the FF-680W will be just perfect. It comes with a suite of Epson software that is designed to preserve photos in archival quality. The 1200 DPI and the fast scanning speed is ideal for efficient archival.
- The FotoFast FF-680W has a scanning speed of 1 photo/second.
- You can scan and preserve delicate photos with ease.
- The included software is perfect for archival purposes and restoration.
- OCR technology can be used for documents too.
- This photo scanner can actually be a little expensive.
10. Magnasonic All-in-One 22 MP Film Scanner
- Built-in memory of 128 MB
- Compatible with all negative types
- Has a 5” LCD screen
- Comes with HDMI compatibility
- Scanning takes 5 seconds
- Maximum resolution of 3200-4000 DPI
This is the best large format film scanner that you can use to convert all your negative films into images that can be saved easily. The device has a built-in memory of 128 MB, which can also be extended as you require. This scanner has a 5” LCD screen and you can also use the HDMI to view your photos on a larger screen. This gadget is great for films!
- The Magnasonic has an optical resolution of 3200-4000 DPI.
- It comes with a 5” LCD screen and HDMI output capabilities.
- The film scanner is compatible with all retro film types.
- Its in-built photo editor is very easy to use as well.
- The converted images need some post-processing.
Here are some of the pointers that you need to keep in mind if you want to buy the best large format scanner. Keep these in mind, as they’ll help you to come up with a shortlist of amazing products.
Purpose of the Scanner
If you’re interested in buying scanners for scanning film and photos, then you should try out the Magnasonic, the Epson Perfection V600, and the Epson FastFoto FF-680W. These are meant for working with photos and film. If you want something for official use, then you should take a look at the CZUR Aura-B or the OpticSlim.
We would also recommend you to go for scanners that have a good optical resolution. Most of the time, this would mean a resolution of 600 DPI or more. One of the best choices is the Epson Perfection V850 Pro, which is definitely the best large format scanner around. However, some of the low DPI scanners can also be great, such as the Epson WorkForce ES-50 portable scanner.
Your Convenience & Preferences
Your choice of the best large format flatbed scanner will also depend on your preferences and conveniences. If you want an automatic document feeder (ADF), then you should give the Fujitsu FI-7240 scanner or the Brother ADS-2200 high-speed scanner. This will allow you to have the best user experience with the device that you do pick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I scan a large document?
The best way to scan a large document is to use the best large format scanner that you can find. In our opinion, the Epson Perfection V850 Pro is one of the most obvious candidates for this position.
Q: Which scanner is the best to restore/archive old photographs?
This is all of the information that you’ll need to buy the best large format scanner for your needs. With the help of our product reviews and our buying guide, you can ensure that you’re purchasing the product that’s optimal for your needs.