No matter how well you’ve thought out your slide deck, sometimes a presentation can easily win-or-bust your proposal or demo. Then all those sleepless nights would’ve been wasted in under five minutes! Drive to the point and engage with your audience while staying on pitch with the best laser pointer for presentations.
List Of Best Laser Pointer for Presentations
Best Laser Pointer for Presentations for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
You wouldn’t believe how something so seemingly simple could be so utterly complex! In fact, this is exactly what makes shopping for the best color laser pointer for presentations and all of its variations so difficult.
So, rather than pick up the one you think would serve your purpose, take some time to see and understand what options are available. We promise you it will be worthwhile and you’ll be much less confused than you probably are now.
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|DinoFire Hyperlink Presentation Clicker||Check The Price|
|DinoFire Wireless Green Light Clicker||Check The Price|
|Doosl Wireless Laser Pointer||Check The Price|
|ESYWEN Powerpoint Laser Pointer||Check The Price|
|KNORVAY N76 Rechargeable Presentation Clicker||Check The Price|
|BlueBeach Wireless Laser Pointer||Check The Price|
|IOGEAR Redpoint Gyroscopic Mouse with Laser Pointer||Check The Price|
1. DinoFire Hyperlink Presentation Clicker
- 300 ft laser range
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Android
- USB dongle
- Large and soft rubbery buttons
- Compact design
This product comes with a USB dongle that can also be stored inside the product itself so that you can avoid losing it. It has large and easy-to-press buttons. It has a long laser distance of over 300 ft. It is also compatible with a variety of operating systems, such as Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. It is the best laser pointer for presentations overall.
- This laser is very easy to set up — just plug and play.
- The product comes with easy to press multimedia buttons.
- It contains bumped buttons so that you can focus on your presentation.
- It has a low power indicator so you know exactly when you have to charge it.
- The clicker supports Google Slides, MS Word and Powerpoint, Keynote, and PDF.
- Some users report that not all buttons may be compatible with the Mac.
- The hyperlink function can be really helpful except it may sometimes be unpredictable.
2. DinoFire Wireless Green Light Clicker
- It is also a rechargeable air mouse
- The green laser light has a range of 330 ft
- Supports various functions like volume control
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Comes with a pouch case
The green laser light has a range of 330 ft. There are multiple buttons that support functions like volume control. In addition to already being very lightweight and easy to carry, it also comes with a pouch case so you can bring it anywhere you want.
It has a sensitive six-axis sensor that turns it into an air mouse. That way, you can switch from pointing at your projected presentation to controlling your cursor in an instant. This is our top reason for making it the team’s favorite on this list.
- It has a long battery life of 10+ hours after every charge.
- The product has a six-axis g-sensor that provides sensitive wireless mouse function.
- It is very easy to set up.
- This product is very compact, portable, and easy to use.
- It automatically goes into sleep mode to save energy.
- The mouse buttons are backwards, which can be confusing.
3. Doosl Wireless Laser Pointer
- Made with a high-grade microchip
- Has a laser distance of up to 100 meters or 330 feet
- Operates on 2.4G RF Frequency, which is ISM free
- Easy to carry around
- Made with nickel, metal, and silicone
It operates on a 2.4G RF Frequency. Your privacy is better protected at this level of frequency. You can use the laser for up to 330 ft or around 100 meters without getting disconnected. This pointer is handy and super easy to carry around.
Like the DinoFire Wireless Green Light Clicker, it also comes with auto-sleep mode and standby functions that help save energy. Designed to last, it’s made up of sturdy materials like nickel and silicone.
- The Doosl Wireless Laser Pointer comes with a built-in USB docking bay.
- It is very easy to set up, just plug and play.
- The USB receiver can be controlled by six transmitters at the same time.
- This product is compatible with Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS, and Linux
- It supports multimedia buttons like page up/down, volume, and hyperlink.
- The battery cover falls off easily.
- Some users reported product issues but also said that after-sales service has been great.
4. ESYWEN Powerpoint Laser Pointer
- Just plug into a USB port and go
- Supports multimedia buttons like page up/down, volume, hyperlink
- The laser works up to 656 ft away
- Compatible with Windows 7/8/XP, Mac OS, Linux, Android
- Works with Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Keynote, Prezi, iWork
It is compatible with a wide range of devices, including Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Mac, Linux, and Android devices. It is specifically designed to be easy to carry. The product comes with bumped buttons so you can focus on delivering your speech instead of looking at buttons.
- The product is specifically designed to be portable and to fit in your pocket.
- It comes with bumped buttons, allowing you to focus on your speech.
- This laser pointer comes with a magnetic USB that can be stowed in its bottom.
- It comes with a low power indicator so you know when you should charge it.
- This unit is ideal for a wide variety of uses, such as when you’re teaching, in a meeting, or when delivering a speech.
- Users have reported that the USB dongle is not compatible with Windows 10.
- There could be blindspots depending on location so it’s best to test across the room before your scheduled presentation.
5. KNORVAY N76 Rechargeable Presentation Clicker
- Has buttons for hyperlink, page up/down, play/pause and volume/mute
- Plug and Play
- Low power indicator
- Comes with a 360mAh battery
- All purchases come with a 3-year warranty
You do not need to install any sort of software, just plug and play. The device is compatible with Mac, Windows, Powerpoint, Google Slides, and more. It comes with a low power indicator, reminding you to recharge when you need to.
The buttons are customizable and remappable. If you’re worried it might not last, buy with peace of mind! This unit comes with a three-year warranty. That way, you can be certain you’re getting your money’s value.
- It comes with a USB receiver, USB charger, and pouch.
- The keys and buttons are customizable.
- The buttons are bumped, making it easier for you to focus on your speech.
- This unit works with Windows, Mac OS, Powerpoint, Slides, Keynote, and Word.
- The long-range control lets you use the laser up to 656 ft away.
- Its 360mAh battery needs only two hours of charging.
- A User Manual is included but the texts are very small and difficult to read.
- First-time users may be challenged to set it up.
6. BlueBeach Wireless Laser Pointer
- 1mW laser pointer output
- Designed for use with presentations using RF wireless control
- Supports Powerpoint, Keynote, and OpenOffice
It has a laser output of 1mW. It can be used on Powerpoint, Keynote, Mac, PCs, Laptops, and even tablets. It is comfortable and easy to hold. It is also very lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry.
This laser pointer is compatible with Macbook, PC, laptop, tablet, and Android. It also supports multimedia buttons like page up/down, escape, and resume. All of which can make remote controlling presentations seamless.
- The product is easy to set up — simply plug and play.
- It is lightweight and compact which makes it easy on your back, hand, or shoulder to carry around.
- The product is comfortable and easy to use.
- Batteries are not included, so you have to buy them separately.
7. IOGEAR Redpoint Gyroscopic Mouse with Laser Pointer
- 4 GHz RF Wireless Technology
- 330 ft laser distance
- Doubles as a cursor and as a laser
- Comes with two colors: red and green
You can choose between two laser colors: red or green. The mouse feature works up to 65 ft away, while the laser works up to 330 ft away. Although the range is still way below the active range of the ESYWEN Powerpoint Laser Pointer, it should work just as well if you don’t expect to deliver your presentation for a conference with thousands in attendance!
It also uses 2.4 GHz RF wireless technology. It is easy to carry with its compact, portable design.
- It is compatible with PC and Mac
- The mouse works up to 65 ft away
- It has a compact and portable design.
- The buttons are too close together, making you occasionally press the wrong button.
How to Buy a Laser Pointer for Presentation: Buying Guide
We gave you a first look at the 10 best products out there. We hope we were able to help you come up with a pretty impressive shortlist. Now comes the next challenge. It’s time for you to choose one.
We know. Whether you look at the top or bottom of your list, the products are promising but you’ve got to choose one and here’s how we recommend you to weigh your best options.
Compatibility with Your Device
Before anything else, find out if your device supports the laser pointer that you’re eyeing. If it’s not indicated in the product details, go ahead and message the seller. This is one requirement you just can’t afford to leave to chance.
You won’t just be unnecessarily spending on something you can’t use. It gets worse if you’re racing against time and need to make sure your new laser pointer makes it before your presentation schedule.
Each of those products on our list is going to try to win you over with features and price point. Some will have more capabilities than most others. But, what you really need to be focusing on is whether or not you really need all those buttons designed to ‘wow’ your audience. Or, if all you really need are the basics.
It’s one thing to own a pointer capable of delivering a feature others can’t. But if it doesn’t help make your presentation any better than one performing the basic uses of a laser pointer, then you don’t really need it. You’re better off with a basic.
Size and Weight
You want a pointer that you can comfortably squeeze in your palm. It has to be ergonomic and buttons to the most important functionalities, such as moving your slide forward or back, should be easy to access.
It would be so much easier if you could get your hands on the DinoFire Hyperlink Presentation Clicker. Then you can test how the buttons feel and discern how well-suited its weight and size are when you hold it.
But, shopping online does have its perks too. In which case, don’t forget to check out the product table on top of the page. Take notice of the product dimensions and item weight. Check out user reviews as well but remember that the desirability of these two features will be highly subjective. What works for one user may not necessarily work well for you.
The last thing you want to happen is to lose control over your Doosl Wireless Laser Pointer in the middle of your presentation. Not only is it distracting for you but also to your audience.
Save yourself from this nightmare and keep your focus on your pitch. Make sure to check how long a single full charge lasts but also make a note to self to fully charge it before your presentation.
This becomes especially important if you expect to deliver a lengthy presentation lasting anywhere from a few hours to a full day of discussing your deck. In which case, you may even have to recharge in between.
If you’re expecting to deliver your presentation to a small team, this may not be much of an issue. But, if you’re scheduled to deliver your slide deck in a giant hall filled with thousands of convention attendees then, you need to be seriously concerned.
Make sure that your control stays functional from a distance — and know the limits so you can stay within range even as you move around the room, stage, or hall.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are laser pointers illegal?
All types of lasers, including laser pointers for presentation, are regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration. The FDA set certain standards for light-emitting devices that include lasers used for medical, surveying, and presentations.
This policy states that laser pointers should not be above 5 milliwatts if labeled as a “pointer”. However, it is typical to come across laser pointers set above this threshold. In which case, the labeling and manufacturing practices are at fault. Owning one is not the fault of the buyer but any responsible consumer should be concerned.
Some states may have laws on the use of laser pointers so it will be prudent to check if your state has any other rules pertaining to its use.
Q: Do laser pointers cause health risks?
The World Health Organization has issued a fact sheet on the safe use of laser pointers. This document aligns itself with the findings and recommendations of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standard on laser safety.
In geist, WHO maintains that laser pointers emitting light above 5mW can cause eye damage. Higher intensity laser pointers are capable of burning the eyes and skin.
Q: Should you allow your child to play with your laser pointer?
The FDA recommends you not to allow your children to toy around with your laser pointer. Only IEC Class I lasers should be attached to toys.
Now that you got yourself the best laser pointer for presentations, practice is the only other thing left for you to do. Use the extra time to plug, play, and tinker around with your new toy.
Pair it with your device. Feel it in your hand and build some level of familiarity with the buttons and switches. Keep your gaze on your imaginary audience. If you have a way to pull up your presentation against the wall in your room, do so by all means. Aim and click. Go break a leg!