Are you a professional photographer or a graphic designer? Looking for the perfect gadget to make your shots more alive on paper?
If the answers to these questions are both a yes, then the solution to those queries could be a Pigment Ink Printer.
These kind of printers tend to provide more crisp outputs due to their fast-drying property. Pigment-based formula is waterproof and can resist UV radiation, enabling photos to remain preserved up to 200-400 years.
Whether you are a professional or a fanatic, pigment printers have it all to deliver the professional quality photos you desire.
If you are pondering on how to buy one or what to look for, hang on tight as we are about to review some of the best pigment ink printer in the market along with factors to keep in mind when making your buy.
Comparison Chart For Top 10 Pigment Ink Printers
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000||Check The Price|
Epson Stylus C88+
|Check The Price|
Epson SureColor P600
|Check The Price|
|Canon PIXMA PRO-10||Check The Price|
|Canon Pixma iX6820||Check The Price|
|Canon IP8720||Check The Price|
Epson SureColor P400
|Check The Price|
Epson Stylus Photo R2000
|Check The Price|
|Epson Expression Photo XP-960||Check The Price|
Canon PIXMA Color Printer MG5520
|Check The Price|
Best Pigment Ink Printer Reviews
1. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000
- Six individual color Claria photo HD inks
- ADF and automatic duplexing
- Supports Ethernet networking
- Dual paper trays
- Rear tray to support specialty media
- Compact design to save space
Equipped with 6 individual color Claria photo HD inks, it also has red and gray inks for a wide color range and elevated B/W prints. With a resolution of 5760 x 1440 DPI and a speed of up to 9 PPM (color) and 9.2 PPM (black), this model could be just what you need for your home/personal use.
The device also supports wireless and mobile printing and Ethernet networking is offered to. You can easily print wirelessly from your devices with AirPrint, Mopria, Epson iPrint, Wi-Fi Direct, Google Cloud Print, etc.
Its Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), auto-duplexing and a 200 sheet front tray will aid more convenience and save time. The device also has a rear tray to support specialty media with a 50 page capacity. This can make printing easier for all your professional projects.
Being 30% more compact model than its prior model, it effortlessly fit in on your desktop. The device is easy to operate, containing 2.4 inches LCD screen and buttons. The device is Energy STAR certified; which means it will keep saving energy while providing you the finest performance.
- This printer works well with Alexa for voice commands.
- Capable of borderless printing up to a max size of 13 x 19 inches.
- Low noise printing suggests low disturbance, especially helpful when others are in the room with you.
- This printer is only compatible with Epson cartridges.
- Setup may take a while and support may not always be available.
2. Epson Stylus C88+
- USB and parallel port connectivity
- Very high speeds of 23 PPM for B/W and 14 PPM for color
- Smudge-free and bleed-free documents
- Waterproof and versatile ink equally spectacular on various paper materials
- Photos can be edited with included software
This model comes with USB and parallel connectivity and is compatible with both Windows and Mac. It comes with four cartridgesand is also equipped with ADF and auto-duplexing for faster, hands-free operation. The device has an amazing speed of up to 23 PPM for B/W and 14 PPM for color.
The Epson Stylus C88+ delivers high-quality, smudge-free documents with resolutions up to 5760 x 1440 optimized DPI. You can also achieve great-looking double sided printing as the DURABrite Ultra ink does not bleed through.It can support a versatile range of paper sizes and paper materials.
It can print borderless photos and you will even be able to edit your photos, create photo books, calendars, etc. and more using the included user-friendly software.If you’re feeling crafty, you can even transfer photos onto T-shirts! The ink is waterproof to ensure that it doesn’t wash away.
The revolutionary DURABrite Ultra ink ensures that you can achieve spectacular results onmatte paper, glossy photo paper, and even plain paper. With such phenomenal versatility and quality, it could be the ideal fix for almost any of your printing projects.
- Compact design makes it suitable for storing in small spaces.
- This printer is supported with photo editing software.
- Border free photo printing is available.
- Price here includes the printer only and cartridges will have to be bought separately.
- Only USB connectivity is available.
3. Epson SureColor P600
- Nine individual color cartridges for exceptional quality
- Ink Saving Mode available
- Advanced B/W printing mode with 3-level black ink technology
- 200 year color archival prints, up to 400 years for black
- Can even print on CD/DVDs, roll papers, etc.
This model from Epson can deliver extremely detailed and sharp prints of resolutions up to 5760 x 1400 DPI. It can support a wide range of paper sizes and materials including roll paper of maximum 13 inches, CD/DVDs, fine art paper, glossy photo paper, etc.
Nine individual color cartridges of UltraChrome HD Ink enables to maintain the impeccable color/ B/W print quality. Tilting LCD touchscreen of 3.5 inches enables you to easily monitor its status and adjust the settings accordingly. With high-capacity ink cartridges of 25.9 ml, the device also comes with an Ink Saving Mode.
It includes an advanced B/W printing mode that uses a 3-level black ink technology to provide impeccable B/W outputs worthy of professional use. The device has a maximum speed of 6 PPM. The prints’ permanency can last for an incredible 200 years (color) to up to 400 years (black).
The device is also equipped with automatic duplexing and supports wireless/mobile printing options as well. It supports AirPrint, Epson iPrint,Google Cloud Print, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernetetc.
- It’s a smart printer compatible with a wide range of phones and devices.
- Wi-Fi, USB, and ethernet compatibility are available whenever creativity strikes.
- This product supports printing on various types of media.
- It isn’t capable of voice commands.
4. Canon PIXMA PRO-10
- 10 individual ink for professional quality prints
- Chroma optimizer ensures consistent glossiness
- The OIG System picks the right combination of inks
- Computer-free printing using PictBridge connection
- Plug-ins for efficient workflow
This model from Canon can provide excellent quality output with resolutions of up to 4800 x 2400 DPI for both color and B/W. It comes with 10 individual ink tanks which can provide you with a huge range of colors. The Chroma optimizer along with it will ensure consistent glossiness.
Three out of those 10 inks are black, to ensure mind-blowing B/W prints. It can handle versatile paper sizes and materials and supports Ethernet, wireless, and mobile printing.Directly print photos from your tablets and phones via Easy-PhotoPrint or AirPrint.
The device’s OIG (Optimum Image Generating) System analyzes each print area and picks the right combination of inks so you can see the colors you want to see in your print.You can even print images directly from your compatible smartphone, digital camera, or DV camcorder with a PictBridge connection.
Plug-in printing ensures efficient workflow via the Print Studio Pro plug-in software. It also contains two paper trays with ADF to support both normal and special paper materials.Effortlessly print onto your printable DVD, CD or jackets and Blu-ray Discs as well.
- It supports printing on various media up to a maximum size of 13 x 19 inches.
- True monochrome printing supported with an ink system consisting of photo black, matte black, and gray.
- This printer is backed by software.
- Voice command isn’t supported by this model.
5. Canon Pixma iX6820
- High color resolution of 9600 x 2400 DPI; 600 x 600 DPI (black)
- High printing speedsof up to 14.5 IPM (black) and 10.4 IPM (color)
- Can edit and organize photos using My Image Garden software
- Photo archival life of up to 300 years
- Can print movie clips
- Quiet mode and Automatic on/off
The PIXMA iX6820 which has made it into being Amazon’s choice delivers an unbelievable color resolution of 9600 x 2400 DPI and 600 x 600 DPI (black). It can give you the most detailed prints, be it for photos or documents. The device has a fast printing speed of up to 14.5 IPM (black) and 10.4 IPM (color).
Five individual inks possess a high-performance capacity and one of them consists of pigmented black ink to facilitate extraordinarily crisp texts. The free PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) app lets you directly print from your mobile devices. Edit, add filters and organize your photos using the My Image Garden software.
Using the ChromaLife100+ system and original Canon photo papers, you can print breathtaking borderless photos that have an archival life of up to 300 years. Full HD Movie Print software can even turn your HD movie clips into exquisite prints.
This model has a built-in Wireless connectivity and also supports Ethernet networking and mobile printing via Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print. It also has a Quiet Mode for a noise-free experience and its Automatic on/off feature saves both your time and efforts.
- Sleek and compact design makes it less obtrusive in any space but still huge.
- Wireless, USB, and ethernet provide wider connectivity options.
- Prints up to 14.5 images per minute.
- Actual size is huge and you do need to allocate space for it.
6. Canon IP8720
- Prints on various media up to 13 x 19 inches in size
- WiFi, USB, ethernet, Airprint connectivity
- Supports Cloud printing
- Quiet mode
- Borderless printing
If you prefer to have the option to print whenever imagination and creative juices strike, this printer definitely supports that. Plan on your smartphone or doodle your design on a tablet and print your proofing even as you connect wirelessly. Then, finish up your artwork on your laptop before printing in high definition color afterwards.
We like that this printer gives you a wide range of possibilities and absolutely encourages creativity. We also like that it supports vivid and sharp quality printouts with up to 6 individual ink tanks. We agree that having that gray ink levels up the quality of monochromatic prints.
- This printer accommodates up to 6 individual inks.
- Tank-sized inks require less frequent changing and reinstalling.
- High definition color resolution prints crisp and vivid images.
- It supports true monochrome printing with the option to install a gray ink.
- Prints up to 14.5 monochrome images per minute and up to 10.4 colored images per minute.
- Setup can take a while depending on your experience working with Canon printers.
- Satisfaction with printouts depends on your needs and preferences.
7. Epson SureColor P400
- Printer size: 20.9 x 25.8 x 13.5 Inches
- Prints on various media up to 13 inches in width
- Supports panoramic prints up to 129 inches long
- Border-free printing option
- Wide range of connectivity options
For users doing work for the creative industries or, for hobbyists, this printer is made with you in mind. Create stunning printouts of your photoshoots and graphic artwork in a wide range of media types and sizes up to 13 inches x 129 inches.
Get ready to create and print whenever a new idea for your design or artwork strikes. Queue prints from your laptop, desktop, smartphones, or tablets. With connectivity this broad and smart, you can practically work from any space and let yourself be inspired.
- Printouts are guaranteed to last for up to 200 years.
- Multiple ways to connect with this printer means you can work across your laptop and smart devices.
- Panoramic prints add another way to show off your creative side and display them.
- Roll paper feeding supports professional printing requirements.
- This printer holds up to 8 individual inks for higher definition, more vivid, and crisper printouts.
- This product only works with Epson inks.
8. Epson Stylus Photo R2000
- Product dimensions: 24.5 x 12.8 x 8.6 inches
- Supports printing on media up to 13 inches in width
- Capable of printing on up to 1.3mm cardboard paper
- Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss enabled
- Connects via wired or wireless
There are many features that this printer is capable of that are guaranteed to leave you in awe. Creatives will specially love the wide range of printing media that they can use this printer for. Not only that, this printer prints on media up to 13 inches in width too.
Just when you’re thinking about the paper type you’d prefer to use, you’ll be surprised that it isn’t only capable of printing on paper up to 1.3mm thick but also on canvas! Sounds absolutely great if you’re using it for artwork.
- This printer supports printing on canvas if that’s a medium you’re into as an artist or hobbyist.
- It supports printing on either cut sheet or rolled paper.
- High gloss printing mode creates flattering skin tones with a shiny finish.
- Smart ink usage is capable of up to 50% more printouts.
- There’s a wide range of media types and sizes that you can use this printer for.
- This product only works with Epson inks.
9. Epson Expression Photo XP-960
- Prints up to 11 x 17 inch images
- Borderless printing capable
- 3-inch control touchscreen
- App-supported interface
- Supports wired and wireless connection across various OS
We’d like to refer to this Epson printer as a semi-pro option. What that means is that you can go about easily with your regular printing requirements at home, for office, or for school while also leaving more creative possibilities at your fingertips.
For one, this printer is capable of accommodating a wider range of media. It isn’t capable of 13-inch wide printouts but it does go up to 11 inches wide and 17 inches long. That’s a big step up from a basic printer. Now, you can print more family memories and end up with vivid results great for showing off on your walls.
- This printer can hold up to 6 individual inks.
- Automatic two-sided printing lets you print faster using less paper
- App-based printing interface supports printing directly from smart devices and web.
- Print directly from your devices using AirPrint even when WiFi is not available.
- Quickly print stunning 4 x 5 inches images within just 11 seconds or less.
- It is an expensive printer if your intended use doesn’t match what it is designed for anyway.
- This product only works with Epson inks.
10. Canon PIXMA Color Printer MG5520
- Prints on media up to8.5 x 11 inches
- Automatic double-sided printing
- 4800 dpi high resolution printing
- Prints on media sized 8.5×11 inches
- Cloud, AirPrint, WiFi, AirPrint, USB Connectivity
If you require high resolution prints at usually regular sizesof up to 8.5 x 11 inches on a regular basis, this printer will deliver outstanding quality. Need borderless, high quality prints? No worries. This printer’s got your back covered.
Serious hobbyists and creatives who require proofs, fine prints, and even frames of videoclips printed will definitely be pleased with this printer too. Share and print directly with Cloud technology or print wirelessly anywhere you may be.
- Automatic printing on both sides helps save on paper and contributes to conservation.
- With Cloud tech you can practically work from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- We like that this printer is such a hardworking machine but still manages to stay quiet in the background.
- Up to five inks are supported by this printer.
- AirPrint whenever you’re near, and get stunning printouts even when your network is down.
- It takes practice to be a savvy user but, once you get it, life gets so much easier.
Factors To Consider When Making Your Purchase
Number Of Inks
Most pigment printers use somewhere between 2-4 cartridges; with at least one for black ink and the other(s) for colored inks. But more advanced ones use from 6 to 12 cartridges for printing images with a wider spectrum of colors. Such advanced ones also have more specialized functions and compatibilities.
Now if you’re a professional, you might be needing those high-end models with more inks. Otherwise stick to ones with fewer inks to save money and for easier maintenance.
The quality of the output is always vital so choose a model that provides the highest quality within your budget. Opt for high color resolutions if you need more photo/color printing; and focus on high monochrome resolution if you require frequent monochrome prints.
Photo printing generally takes more time than text printing. Regardless, choose a device with high speeds if your requirements are high volume and vice versa. But confirm that a too high or too low speed doesn’t compromise with the quality.
If your needs are more versatile, opt for models that can support a wide range of paper sizes and paper materials. There are some that can even support roll papers, writeable CD/DVDs, Canvas papers, etc.
Unless you need such specialized prints done, choose a simpler version that supports only the materials you use. Opt for ones with ADF and auto-duplexing for high volume requirements.
Wireless options are always a convenience; especially for professional use and multiple users. So consider what wireless facilities come along with the device. Also ensure its compatibilities with iPhones, Android, Cloud, Windows, Mac, etc. for maximum utilization of your gadget.
Usually, the best pigment ink printer would come with additional software that allow you to perform advanced functions. For example: those that let you edit and organize photos before printing; that can print movie clips, print borderless photos with high archival life; print directly from cameras, camcorders, etc.
So if you are in a line of work or hobby that requires these kind of facilities, choose a model that provide and support them.
It’s a no-brainer that more specialized models are more prone to require more power consumption and hence needs more electricity. So, to ensure sustainability and cost-saving, choose for a model with energy saving options.
There are many models that are ENERGY STAR certified, which means they are more guaranteed to save energy and still provide you the finest service. Auto on/off feature could be another way to reduce energy waste. There are also some devices that have Ink Save Modes and Quiet Modes.
For those of you who were looking for the best printer for pigment ink as per your needs, this article is dedicated to them.
Hopefully you now have gained some pointers to keep in mind when making a buy; along with examples of a few top models in the market right now.
With these newfound know-how, you can now finally step into the pool of the most amazing printers to choose from and finalize your purchase with confidence.