There is no denying that cricutting, or crafting in general, comes with a lot of fun and excitement. But such level of enjoyment only comes with topnotch creativity. Even more essentially, you need perfect tools for the trade. One of them is the best printer for Cricut.
Nearly all printers can handle basic crafting work. The difference is how good they get the job done. So, the first consideration that most crafters take note of when buying a printer for Cricut is color versatility and color fidelity. This is because color printers are arguably the finest for crafting.
We take a look at some of the most impressive models!
Canon Pixma iX6820
- Speed : 14.5 ppm
- Two – Sided Printing : Yes
- Max Page Size : 13 x 19 inches
- Interface: Wireless LAN, Ethernet, USB
Comparison Chart For Top 10 Printers For Cricut
|NAME & Details
|Canon PIXMA TR4520
|Check The Price
|HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
|Check The Price
|Epson EcoTank ET-4760
|Check The Price
|Canon PIXMA TR7520
|Check The Price
|HP ENVY Photo 6255
|Check The Price
|Epson Expression Photo XP-970
|Check The Price
|HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e
|Check The Price
|Canon Pixma MG2522
|Check The Price
|Epson EcoTank ET-2800
|Check The Price
|Canon MG Series PIXMA MG2525
|Check The Price
1. Canon PIXMA TR4520
- ADF for scanning and faxing
- Simple, productive office printing
- Auto 2 Sided printing
- Highly compatible
- Works with Alexa
We have used this Canon PIXMA model, and the results were quite satisfying and impressive. We experienced a whole new level of printing as well as scanning. This amazing wireless printer comes with ADF technology for faxing and scanning. Also, its two-sided auto printing saves a lot of time, pages, and effort. This tool also works with Alexa to ensure a voice-activated printing experience. You can enjoy its high compatibility with all smartphones, laptops, and PCs.
- You can print and scan your favorite photos and desired documents from cloud-based platforms.
- It’s highly compatible with all smartphones, laptops, and PCs.
- It works with Alexa to ensure voice-activated printing.
- This printer is simple to use with features like AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, auto power On/Off, a built-in ADF, and wifi.
- Replacement of cartridges in this printer model is through the front panel instead of the clamshell-style.
2. HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
- Auto 2-sided printing
- Ethernet networking
- Color touchscreen
- Print, copy, scan, and fax
- HP instant ink eligible
While reviewing the HP Officejet Pro 6978, we were stunned by its major functions as well as additional features. We loved each of its major features, which includes two-sided duplex printing and scanning, copy, scan, fax, automatic document feeder, wireless printing, and instant Ink ready.
With its smooth and convenient mobile setup and mobile printing options, you can easily use your smartphone or tablet at any time, anywhere. It’s highly efficient for business as you can produce quick, professional-quality color for 50% less than laser printers.
- You’ll enjoy some significant features like two-sided duplex printing and scanning, wireless printing, an automatic document feeder, and a color touchscreen.
- It ensures convenient and smooth mobile setup and mobile printing options.
- This printer model comes with a one-year limited warranty and 24/7 web support.
- It ensures the maximum print speed of 20 ppm black and 11 ppm color.
- It doesn’t include NFC touch-to-print feature.
3. Epson EcoTank ET-4760
- The great value of money
- Save up to 90% on replacement ink costs
- High-density print chip by PrecisonCore Technology
- 2-year limited product protection with registration
- Voice-activated printing
The EPSON EcoTank ET-4760 ensures cartridge-free printing with optimal user experience. It comes with supersized, easy-to-fill ink tanks and allows you to save up to 90% on low-cost replacement ink bottles.
These amazingly keyed Eco Fit bottles make it completely easy to fill the tank. This fast, super tank printer is powered by PrecisionCore technology and ensures 30-sheet ADF, 250-sheet paper trays, and more. We were thrilled with its voice-activated printing experience and a color touchscreen.
- Its 2-year limited product protection with registration ensures reliability and convenience.
- You can print a range of documents and projects by using hands-free, voice-activated printing.
- It’s one set of replacement ink bottles equal to around 80 individual cartridges.
- Its PreciseCore technology ensures generating up to 40 million precise dots per second with exceptional accuracy.
- There is no memory card slot available.
4. Canon PIXMA TR7520
- Front & Rear Paper Support
- Five Individual Ink System
- Auto 2-Sided Printing
- Large 3.0” LCD Touchscreen
- AirPrint and Google Cloud compatible
This PIXMA model is the right home-office printer to make your everyday printing tasks much easier. Whether it’s printing, faxing, or scanning documents with large workloads, this printer ensures to do it all efficiently and quickly. We were impressed with its 5-color individual ink system as it ensures delivering great looking and sharp print documents and photos.
Also, this printer features a rear paper tray and a front paper cassette. It ensures quick connectivity to let you print easily from all devices via wifi, Bluetooth, or Cloud-based platforms. This printer has a 3-inch LCD touchscreen and ensures an auto power on/off option.
- Its 5-color individual ink system ensures great-looking photos and documents.
- Whether from Cloud3, through Bluetooth2, from social Media4, or on the go, connect to your favorite device for hassle-free printing.
- This compact wireless all-in-one printer is simple-to-use, fits perfectly anywhere, and delivers exceptional results.
- It ensures quick and easy printing, copying, scanning, and faxing with features like a 20 sheet ADF and auto power on/off, and a 3-inch LCD touchscreen.
- It may have a lengthy setup time and connectivity issues.
5. HP ENVY Photo 6255
- Wireless and mobile printing
- Double-sided printing
- HP Instant ink eligible
- Optional high yield cartridges
- Designed for versatility
This wireless all-in-one versatile printer ensures the three major functions of any printer – printing, scanning, and copying, but at a faster speed. With a 2.2-inch mono touchscreen, it offers a double-sided printing option for saving pages and efforts.
Whether it’s social media, cloud, or camera-roll in the gallery, you can print your needed document or favorite moment by simply using the HP smart app on the tablet or smartphone. Overall, it’s a great product and great value for money.
- It is the most versatile printer model by HP that ensures printing, scanning and copying at a much faster speed.
- This 2.2-inch mono touchscreen printer ensures auto 2-sided printing and time-saving shortcuts.
- This wireless printer can print from the cloud, social media, and camera-roll in the gallery by using the HP smart app on your smartphone or tablet.
- It ensures automatic media sensing with dedicated paper trays and delivers great results across a variety of media.
- The setup process can be a bit complex and unsafe.
6. Epson Expression Photo XP-970
- Easy-to-use design
- Print specialty media
- 6-Claria photo HD inks
- Innovative fold-over scan lid
- Fast and professional quality prints
This EPSON expression photo XP-970 model is one of the best printers for printing wide format and professional-quality photos for print. This printer allows you to deliver borderless and exceptional photos. The 6-Color Claria Photo HD inks ensure to astound with vibrancy. This compact, fast printer ensures delivering high-quality 4” x 6” photos in as quick as 11 seconds.
You can use your smartphones and tablets to enjoy easy printing. It consists of a 4.3-inch touchscreen that ensures a Fold-Over scan lid and PC-free printing. Also, with the specialty media support, you can creatively print onto the specialty papers.
- Enjoy amazing skin tones and smooth gradations in your print results with 6-color Claria Photo HD Inks.
- You can print up to professional quality 4” x 6” photos in as fast as 11 seconds.
- It has a rear paper feed that accommodates specialty media paper. You can print onto DVDs/CDs directly too.
- It has a 4.3-inch touchscreen display with built-in memory card slots and a USB.
- The scanning feature may at times forget the computer it has been set to deliver the output.
7. HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e
- Auto duplex system
- Fast print speed
- Highly effective security measures
- 6-month instant ink
We have used and reviewed the HP Officejet Pro 8025e as one of the best all-in-one wireless color printers. This printer model comes with exceptional features at a great reasonable price. Some of its key features include a color print, copy, scan, and fax, automatic 2-sided printing, wireless and mobile printing, and an auto document feeder.
With the optional HP+ smart printing system, your printer becomes more productive, more secure, and ready when you are. Overall, this printer is an ideal choice for home offices and small businesses.
- You can automatically detect and resolve connection issues with this printer’s Self-healing Wi-FiTM.
- You can use the HP Smart App to print, scan, and copy from anywhere with your phone.
- It ensures optimal security with basic encryption, document protection, password protection, and wifi security.
- It ensures an extra year of HP warranty and six free months of HP instant ink.
- This printer can, at times, show problems with its connectivity.
8. Canon Pixma MG2522
- 4-Color Cartridge System
- Hybrid ink system
- Affordable home printing
- Simple print, scan, and copy
- Easy to setup
This advanced all-in-one inkjet printer is surely one of our best-reviewed products. You will enjoy the 4-color cartridge system and hybrid ink system for the amazing snaps that you’ll take on the smartphone or directly on the printer. This super affordable home printer is all you need for your simple day-to-day print task. You can simply enjoy printing, scanning, and copying. The best thing we experienced is how it enables users and supports them with an optional XL cartridge to ensure the replacement to be as minimal as possible.
- It is a simple printer with basic functions to ensure the best home printing experience.
- This printer is affordable and ideal for budget-friendly buyers looking to buy a simple and cheap printer.
- It may even support an optional XL ink cartridge to ensure the replacement is as minimum as possible.
- Although the Ink may seem costly, you can use the trial ink cartridges to see how long it lasts.
- This printer is not wireless and doesn’t come with any fax capability or USB cable.
9. Epson EcoTank ET-2800
- Cartridge free supertank printer
- Huge savings on replacement inks
- Zero cartridge waste
- Easy document copying and navigation
- Modern connectivity with voice-activated printing
This cartridge-free supertank printer is one of the best inkjet printers with high capacity refillable ink tanks. You can get up to two years of Ink for refilling purposes for free. This compact and space-efficient printer can easily fit into any of the decors.
You can enjoy easy document navigation with its flatbed scanner and color display. We were too impressed and would recommend you to choose these affordable yet simple printers for your home solutions.
- These high-capacity refillable ink tanks ensure up to 2-years of Ink.
- It ensures up to 90% savings on the replacement ink bottles for cost-effectiveness.
- This high-resolution flatbed scanner and a color display for easy document copying and navigation
- It is designed for reliability and convenience for easy document navigation and copying.
- It does not have the faxing option.
10. Canon MG Series PIXMA MG2525
- Affordable Inkjet All-In-One Printer
- Set of Ink Cartridges (PG-243/ CL-244)
- Optional XL ink cartridges
- Highly compatible and,
- Compact and sleek design
It is an affordable inkjet printer that ensures all-in-one tasks like print, scan, and copy.
You also need a set of ink cartridges for your production efficiency. This printer also ensures optional XL ink cartridges. Moreover, it’s highly compatible with several operating systems like Windows:8 Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, and Mac:9 Mac OS X v10.7.5 – 10.11. Overall, this is a good printer within the budget.
- It is an affordable inkjet all-in-one printer, making it perfect for budget-friendly people.
- It is highly compatible with all operating systems like Windows and Mac.
- This printer comes with a unique and sleek design that can fit into any corner easily.
- It is best in terms of value, resources, and efforts, and time.
- The customer service may not be that responsive.
Printer For Cricut Buying Guide
The excitement that upcoming crafters have about cricutting will most likely turn into a nightmare if you end up with a wrong printing machine for the job. We save you from the possible hurdles by highlighting the essential tips to consider when shopping for the best printer for Cricut.
1. Type Of Paper
The biggest nightmare for beginner crafters is the decision on the kind of paper to use. However, we suggest that you need not fret trying to decide on a single paper type.
Good crafting relies on creativity, and creativity calls for variety. So, the password lies in choosing a printing machine that can accommodate a versatile range of paper types.
Professionals classify cricutting papers according to the weight, thickness, and sturdiness of each type. The heavier the type of paper, the more power, and skills it will need to cut and print.
Notable paper types include writing/bold paper, cardstock/cover stock, text paper, and tag paper. Choose a machine that can handle nearly all paper types for more convenience and versatility.
2. Power Consumption
We are all working towards a greener environment. And, such a desire starts and ends with the amount of power that our household and business equipment consume.
It is, therefore, essential to consider a machine that consumes less power. This not only aims at energy conservation but also helps to reduce the running costs of your business. An option with automatic power ON/OFF is equally a perfect pick.
3. Paper Sizes
Not all printing machines can accommodate all sizes of papers. Regular printing devices will conveniently accommodate A4 and other smaller paper sizes. However, wide-format options can accommodate larger sizes.
It is a prerequisite to determine the type of paper that you will most likely use when shopping for an ideal Cricut printer. It is essential to note that wide-format options will give you the options to handle a variety of paper sizes. Thus, don’t restrict yourself to printing tools that only accommodate small paper sizes.
crafters undoubtedly understand the importance of investing in perfect tools. And, versatility, convenience, and ease of use are the primary factors that separate a good tool from the ideal piece of equipment. So, this article highlights up to 10 of the most viable print and cut machines.
Cricutting often requires specialty paper. Even worth noting is the fact that Cricut designs are better implemented on wide-format papers or materials. That is why the best printer for Cricut maker must meet the aforementioned specifications. The 10 printers highlighted in this article meet and surpass these considerations.