Can you not remember the last time you used a printer, but it’s still pretty important to you?
Of course, with the advancement of tech, we do most of our essential official work on smartphones and computers. Still, there are certain cases we need our documents printed.
For example, your kid’s school/college paperwork, tests, assignments. In a situation like these, we certainly can use a printer.
There are factors to consider buying the best printer for infrequent use. Such as the possibility of ink-cartridge will dry-out.
So today, we come up with some printer for you to choose from for your occasional uses.
Comparison Chart Of Printer For Infrequent Use
Best Printer For Infrequent Use Review
1. HP OfficeJet 3830
- Automatic document reader
- Cloud Print Enabled
- HP High –Yield Cartridges
- Network Ready
All the components in this printer ensure that you have the best experience using it. For starters, it has a touchscreen interface that’s easy to operate. Therefore, feeding instructions into the printer is a straightforward process.
Its automatic document feeder also plays a significant role in improving user experience by reducing redundancy and ensuring high-quality prints. It works silently, making this printer suitable for busy workspaces.
In fact, in a way, the silent humming could help soothe the effects of noise at the workplace. Moreover, connection to the Wi-Fi happens the second you prompt it to.
Consider getting this printer if you have minimal working space. It is compacted and takes very little space. Setting it up is an easy process that involves consulting the manual.
- Setting it up is easy since you can do it through the HP Smart app.
- It produces high-quality print.
- The operation is quiet.
- Its construction is compact to ensure it fits a variety of spaces.
- Only with a subscription can you print a certain amount of pages.
- It is prone to paper jams.
2. HP LaserJet Pro M29w
- Pre-Installed cartridges
- LCD control panel
- Cloud Print Enabled
- Automatic on /off
- Smart App operation
This printer’s manufacturer understands how bothersome it is to keep replacing cartridges. This printer comes with pre-installed cartridges to ensure that printing runs smoothly without interruptions.
Look no further for a printer that will help you cut back on utility bills. It’s automatic on and off ensures that it goes off when you are not using it. Also, you have all control over the printing process. It has an LCD panel that is easy to operate, which you use to feed it with instructions.
Besides allowing the user to print documents while on a shared Wi-Fi network, it can also scan documents for emailing. Its sprinting speed is at 17 pages per minute which helps save time, even if you don’t use it often.
Get it if you are looking for a printer with great functionality but comes in a compact size. It is always ready to go no matter how many times you use it.
- Wireless connection makes it a convenient tool for a busy office environment.
- It comes in a compact size.
- Programming inside the printer ensures high printing speeds.
- Energy Saving. The printer has an automatic on and off, which ensures energy efficiency.
- The setup process may take longer in this printer than in others.
3. Brother HL2300D
- Automatic document feeder
- Automatic duplex printing
- USB Connectivity
- Windows Compatibility
- 250 sheets capacity paper tray
Brother HL2300D is a one-of-a-kind printer with capabilities that surpass other printers. One quality that stands out in this printer is 250 sheets capacity trays. A printer that can take such a load applies conveniently in heavy printing projects. Let’s say you have an office that doesn’t have frequent printing needs, but when you do – there’s a lot. Then this printer is for you.
The printer might not have network connection capabilities, but its USB connectivity is still efficient. It ensures that you don’t miss any details that printing should capture.
Assembling it and finding a good position is also easy since it doesn’t take much space. Printing happens on both sides of a page with this printer. You will have the best user experience using this printer with all these qualities it has to offer.
- USB connectivity ensures smooth operation without complications.
- It has a high print output at 27 ppm.
- Setting up this printer is a straightforward process. The user manual provides you with setup instructions.
- This printer produces high-quality prints.
- It lacks Wi-Fi connection capability.
4. Canon LB113w imageCLASS 2207C004
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Mobile compatible
- 150 sheet capacity
- Energy saver mode
This printer deserves recognition as perhaps the best printer for infrequent use. It has a printing speed of 23 pages per minute which would serve you well when there is a lot of printing work. High printing speed is always good to have, no matter what the load is.
Connections over mobile devices like phones can ensure your access to printing work. You never have to worry about running out of printing paper since it has a tray that can hold 150 sheets. Just keep them there and have your printer ready whenever you need it.
It belongs in the category of energy-saving printers. Using it puts you at an ease of paying extra fees for power usage. All this comes with the advantage of getting the best service out of its overall functionality.
The quality of print from this printer will make you wonder what took you so long to get it. Its laser printing abilities will prove to you why it’s a valuable asset to have in office environments.
- The printer has a high print speed at 23 pages per minute.
- It facilitates easy connections to mobile devices without a router.
- Manufacturers design it with high paper capacity at 150 sheets
- The LED display does not have a backlight
- Its cartridges are not refillable
5. Brother MFC-J4335DW
- INKvestment tank technology
- On-screen menu navigation
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB
- Auto duplex
Unlike most printers, Brother MFC-j4335DW does not have cartridges. Instead, it features INKvestment tank technology which provides high-level convenience. You never again have to think about manual refilling cartridges to print.
The tank holds more ink and continually supplies ink to the printer, its primary feature. In addition to its futuristic INKvestment quality, the user also has easy on-screen menu navigation.
After printing, the content comes out printed on both sides of the page. You can get printing work done in no time with such capabilities. Also, you get to save up on a lot of printing paper.
There are three choices for connection. Bluetooth, USB, and Wi-Fi. It’s up to you to choose the best connection method for you in your situation. Using this printer once will have you looking forward to the next time you can use it again.
- Auto duplex printing capabilities make it fast and convenient.
- On-screen menus navigation ensures it’s easy to operate.
- Users can choose three types of connections in different printing situations.
- Extra capacity ink cartridges eliminate the need for frequent cartridge replacements.
- It lacks cardstock printing.
6. Brother Compact Monochrome HL-L2350DW
- 250 sheet paper capacity
- Manual feed slot
- Mobile printing
- Auto duplex
This printer’s construction ensures that you spend less time waiting for prints. It has a printing speed of up to 32 pages per minute s. It’s not every day that you encounter a printer with such high capabilities.
Another characteristic that allows it to stand out among other printers is its 25 sheet capacity which minimizes the need to keep refilling it. Connect it to print wirelessly or to USB without complications when you have to. It is the kind of printer that handles a variety of paper and sizes at your convenience. Apply it either at home or in the office to change the dynamics of your work.
- Functions with high-level efficiency.
- You can look forward to refills with this printer
- Its design ensures flexibility when printing. The printer offers versatile connection options.
- The 250 sheet capacity makes it suitable for use in heavy-duty printing projects.
- It’s complicated setup process may consume time.
7. Canon 2986C002
- Auto duplex
- Wireless, Bluetooth, USB connectivity
- Five color individual ink system
- Dash replenishment
It’s possible to inspire creativity by choosing the best printer. Printers like this can print in either colored or black and white, inspiring innovation. Even with such versatility, you never get prints with compromised quality.
Connecting the printer to other devices to print is also easy since you have three connection options. In addition, the printing process is almost entirely automated, so you don’t need to do much to get results.
The best thing about this printer is you don’t have to worry about running out of ink while in the middle of printing. It has dash replenishments that update you on levels to refill on time.
- It is a reliable system owing to the various connection options.
- Setting it up is a straightforward process since it comes with a guide manual.
- It comes with guaranteed high-quality prints.
- The printer experiences constant paper jams.
8. Canon TS5120
- Air print 2
- Auto power on/off
- OS compatibility
- Pixma Cloud Link4
- Wireless connection
Canon TS5120 is one of the most straightforward printers you will come across. It all starts from how easy it is to connect it to other devices. This quality eliminates printing complications on its part. This is exactly what you need when you print rarely. You need a hassle-free printer that will get the job done without stressing you out.
There is a 2.5” inch LCD, which makes operating this printer easy. The only part you have to play is knowing how to input instructions. From there, everything else flows automatically.
Finding a spot for it in your space is easy since it comes in a compact size. Additionally, it can meet your energy efficiency requirements since it comes with automatic on and off. You can say goodbye to paying extra fees for utilities.
It operates on a wireless medium to print. Prints by this printer are usually two-sided, saving you time and paper. Use it to reprint things like tickets and enjoy all its conveniences.
- Simplified connection. Its construction ensures that you can connect to various devices wirelessly.
- It comes in a compact size, making it easy to find space around the office.
- Compatibility with Windows expands its versatility.
- Setting up this printer is a straightforward process.
- It is energy efficient.
- This printer has a high maintenance cost, but it’s worth it if you’re not going to use the printer very often.
Printer For Infrequent Use Buying Guide
Which factors should guide your choice for the best printer for infrequent use?
1. Color Or Monochrome
When you have your mind made up that a printer for infrequent use is what you want, there is absolutely no doubt that you already know the types of documents that you want to get from your device.
Monochrome models are just that- black and white printers. They can only produce black and white printouts and produce unmatchable results when it comes to that.
On the other hand, color printers can create documents in a wide variety of colors. They are more versatile. However, they come with higher running costs as compared to their monochrome counterparts.
2. Ease Of Use
A printer for infrequent use should be a complicated tool to handle. You certainly don’t want to struggle for hours to have a single copy of a document produced.
So, pick a device that you can easily set up and configure. Consider the processes involved in establishing a connection.
You will also need to consider options with intuitive touchscreen control panels. Such devices are not only easy to navigate but also efficient.
Finally, models that come with easy to comprehend user manuals would work out better. As it turns out, user information is contained in the manual.
What other tasks would you want your printing machine to do? Well, there are multifunctional printing devices that can print, scan, and copy. More versatile options can go the extra mile to provide faxing functions.
The kind of tasks that you have at hand will determine the level of versatility that you desire. A versatile printer ensures that you can handle all the office tasks from a single machine.
No outsourcing, no wastage of resources in purchasing multiple single-function devices, and no need for extra space for various tools if a single MFP will do the work.
You can own a small business that requires a low volume of printing or just a regular mom/dad family man. Much or less, there are times we need to print one or two documents.
You should keep in mind that the best printer for occasional use is usually not suitable for heavy usage.
The names reviewed here can suit all your home printing needs, so the decision is in your hand.