We have made great progress in the long-rumored paperless world, but from time to time we also needto print hard copies of papers.
Whether you’re a Linux user and have a printer without a Linux boot disk, or scouring the market for your next best printer for Linux, today is most probably your lucky day.
We are about to outline some of the factors you need to keep in mind along with the regular ones; along with a few top models in the market right now.
So, settle down and hang tight as the next few minutes could be what finally motivates and gives you the confidence to make your buy.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035
- Linux compatible printer.
- Includes 8 Months of Ink.
- Support Alexa & Google Assistant.
- Remove Print & Scan With HP Smart App.
Comparison Chart For Top 10 Printers For Linux
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|HP Officejet Pro 8035||Check The Price|
|Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer, HLL2395DW||Check The Price|
|HP Envy Photo 7155||Check The Price|
|HP Laserjet Pro M15w||Check The Price|
HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction M479fdw
|Check The Price|
Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser
|Check The Price|
|Canon PIXMA TR8520||Check The Price|
HP OfficeJet 250
|Check The Price|
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025
|Check The Price|
HP DeskJet 3755
|Check The Price|
Best Linux Printer Reviews
1. HP Officejet Pro 8035
- Can print, scan, copy and fax
- Can sync with quick books, Google Drive, etc.
- Security features
- ADF and automatic-duplexing
- Self-healing Wi-Fi to ensure a more reliable and uninterrupted connection
This device does it all when it comes to printing, scanning, copying and even faxing. With Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and automatic-duplexing, it can make your life whole lot easier and hassle-free. You can even use voice-activated printing for a more hands-free experience.
You can breeze away through your tasks with superfast printing speeds of 20 PPM for B/W and 10 PPM for colored prints. Detailed, clear and high-quality output can be printed by this device with its resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI. It is also easy to use by a simple few taps and swipes via the 2.65 inches color touchscreen.
This device can also eliminate repeated steps in a task and synchronize quick books, Google Drive, and more by using smart tasks; hence you can organize your documents 50% faster. The HP Smart app can even enable you to access printing and scanning facilities on the go and monitor ink levels.
It also comes with basic essential security features including password protection, document protection, Wi-Fi security, andbasic encryption.This model is also supported by the usual wireless, Ethernet and mobile printing via AirPrint, Mopria, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi Direct.
- High resolution, detailed prints do justice to your art or hobby.
- the 2.7-inch touchscreen gives you more control.
- Highly compatible with many devices whether wired or wireless.
- Capable of supporting cloud-based manipulation.
- Set up instructions are difficult to follow but once done, you’re all set.
2. Brother Compact, HLL2395DW
- High printing speed of 36 PPM
- Amazing efficiency
- its 2.7 inches color touchscreen for easy operation
- Scan to email
- Ethernet, NFC, Wireless and mobile printing support
- Lower cost per page in case of high volume printing
With its ability to print, scan and copy, this device canprovide amazing high-quality, detailed and crisp output with its 2400 x 600 DPI resolution. It is perfect for your high-volume printing needs as laser printers are the wisest choice for high-volumes due to a high printing speed of 36 PPM and lower cost per page.
The device is easy to use and operate with its 2.7 inches color touchscreen and you can save your time with its automatic-duplexing when printing both sides.This model can support a variety of paper sizes and materials and you can even scan to email directly.
It includes a conveniently fitted flatbed scan glass that allows you to scan and copy from any device directly and also supports Ethernet network, NFC and wireless printing.
Mobile and cloud printing are supported too via AirPrint, Mopria, Cortado Workplace, Brother iPrint and Scan, Google Cloud Print 2.0, One Note, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- This printer delivers crisp, high resolution printouts.
- SD card slot supports faster operation across devices.
- Permits scans to be saved directly to your mobile.
- Dual-band WiFi and BlueTooth support stable wireless connection.
- Difficult setup process although, once set, operation is flawless.
3. HP Envy Photo 7155
- High print and copy resolutions
- SD card slot to support SD cards
- Possible to print borderless photos at unbelievably low costs
- Reliable wireless connectivity
- Direct scan from phone camera
- Direct print from social media and cloud
With an amazing resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI, this model can provide great quality, clear and detailed outputs. It is also a speedy with printing speeds of up to 14.5 PPM (B/W) and 9 PPM (color). It even has a high resolution of copy outputs with up to 600 x 600 DPI (color) and 300 x 300 DPI(B/W).
It includes a user-friendly color 2.65 inches touchscreen and has built-in auto-duplexing to provide you increased convenience. It also has an SD card slot to expand its memory and you can print amazing borderless photos under 5 cents each by subscribing withHP Instant Ink.
Dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart ensures you with a wireless connectivity you can rely on. With the HP Smart app, this device can allow you to directly scan from your phone camera and even print photos directly from social media and the cloud.TheHP Envy Photo 7155 basically can meet all your photo-printing needs.
- Direct scans to mobile makes your job effortless.
- It permits printing directly from your mobile, internet or cloud.
- App-supported interface simplifies manipulation across devices.
- Compact build and presentation reduces home or office clutter.
- This printer is suitable for black & white printing only.
4. HP Laserjet Pro M15w
- Very small in size
- High speed and resolution
- Cheapest laser printer
- Energy STAR certified
- Smooth, matt and smudge free prints
This monochrome device from HP is one of the smallest LaserJets in the world that can easily fit any corner of your desk. With up to 19 PPM speed and 600 x 600 DPI resolution, it effortlessly and speedily provides you the trademark quality output you expect from HP.
The device also lets you directly scan from phone cameras or print directly from social media with the help of the high-grade HP Smart App. It is equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi to ensure reliable connectivity and even supports Ethernet, NFC, mobile printing and cloud printing.
You can enjoy a cost-effective printing experience with this cheapest laser printer in the market. The device also has the Automatic on/off feature and is Energy STAR certified; saving both energy and your time and its LED control panel intuitive and user-friendly.
With the capacity to print up to 1000 pages a month, it can easily be shared by 1-3 users. The use of toner cartridges also ensures a smooth, smudge-free and matt finish.
- Voice activated printing suits smart homes the best.
- Simplifies repetitive tasks with smart tasks.
- Cloud connectivity increases efficiency and gets tasks done faster.
- We like that it’s password-protected.
- Print speed may not be as fast as you’d like it to be.
5. HP Color LaserJet Pro M479fdw
- Enhanced security features
- Saves 18% more energy
- High printing speed of 28 PPM
- Can print via mobile devices with or without a network
- Can save shortcuts for increased efficiency
This beast from HP has it all to fast-pace your business progress by printing, scanning, copying and faxing. It comes with ADF and auto-duplexing for handling heavy-duty needs efficiently. With an amazing speed of 28 PPM for both B/W, and color, it can provide good quality prints with a resolution of up to 600 x 600 DPI.
The device is also equipped with enhanced security features such as PIN/Pull Printing and instant notifications on the identification of threats. With these facilities, you can be assured that your sensitive documents are safe from all entry points to keep your data safe.
It includes a control panel of a 4.3 inches color touchscreen with which you can easily save shortcuts of your frequent tasks for further efficiency. Energy STAR certified, this device can save up to 18% more energy compared to its former models and even has technologies to reduce paper wastage.
Regardless of with or without a network, you can effortlessly print away from your mobile devices by directly connecting to the printer. It can still support all wireless operations via Mopria, AirPrint, Ethernet, Google Cloud Print, etc.
- Ultra speed printing, unlike the HP Laserjet Pro M15w.
- Print from your mobile device even when your network is down.
- The 4.3-inch screen gives you full control and permits multitasking.
- Bulkier, but if you want its awesome features, you have to make space.
6. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser
- Monochrome printing
- Printing speed of 27 pages per minute
- Automatic two—sided printing
- USB connectivity
Hurrah to clutter! That was our initial reaction to this printer which does not give you the option to do your printing requirements wirelessly. But, if you’re mostly on your desktop anyway and hardly do any remote printing, this should be good. In some ways, wired printing still outperforms wireless. A stable connection means you can get your work done much faster.
This printer works best for those who usually just need their work or homework printed out in black and white – we think you’ll be saving a lot just choosing to get this. Perhaps, if you need colored printouts once in a while, it may be best to get a second printer just for that purpose.
- Fast, high quality prints let you finish your work faster at quality level.
- This printer is easy to set up.
- Expect to get high quality black and white prints all the time.
- USB connectivity means you have a stable connection all the time.
- Automatic double-sided printing doubles your savings and lessens your climate impact at the same time.
- This printer doesn’t have WiFi connectivity.
- Imagine the clutter but if you can, manage your wires with clips and casings.
- It may not suit you if you require colored prints.
7. Canon PIXMA TR8520
- AirPrint from any mobile device
- Voice-enabled command compatible with Alexa
- Full scan, print & fax functionality
- Cloud connectivity enabled
- Can be enrolled on Amazon Dash
With this printer, you can now rely on a single machine to get your admin tasks done in a matter of minutes. It allows you to save on time and effort of saving your files by saving directly to Cloud. Not only that, we also like that it has a 5 individual ink system that lets you save your money too.
All your printing, scanning, and faxing needs all in a compact printer highly capable of crisp, well-defined printouts and exact color scheme. The best feature for us is that you can print directly from your mobile – no need to be worried of unstable connections by your Internet provider.
- Permits you to replace only used up ink and retain others.
- This machine permits multitasking and is ultra high performing.
- It works seamlessly across your desktop and mobile devices.
- Connect it to voice command systems like Alexa for a truly smart office experience.
- You’ll have to manually switch off this printer.
- Some users may find extended trays rather awkward and an eye sore.
8. HP OfficeJet 250
- Wireless connectivity: WiFi and BlueTooth
- 5-inch screen
- Portable, rechargeable battery-powered
- Voice-command, compatible with Alexa
If you often find yourself needing to print on-the-go, this portable printer definitely takes away the hassle that comes with your requirements. We like that it doesn’t just run on rechargeable batteries, you can, in fact, charge it in your car! Now how convenient is that?
You can also forget queuing your file from your laptop and do that from your mobile instead. Another great highlight you’d want to hear is that you don’t need to be connected to a network to fulfill your printing requirements.
With this printer in your car or backpack, you’ll never have to worry about running out of copies of your marketing brochures ever again. Make an impact with high quality prints. Your clients or partners will never know you printed your amazing presentation right on the backseat of your car!
- Portable and made to be taken anywhere you need it.
- Batteries can be charged inside the car.
- Task view screen gives you control and permits multi-tasking.
- This printer supports printing across different sizes, including Legal.
- It allows you to AirPrint from your mobile.
- Limited warranty coverage makes it applicable for specific damages on parts only.
9. HP OfficeJet Pro 9025
- Voice-activated command controls
- Mobile printing
- Scan to mail-enabled
- Automatic double-sided printing
We’d like to think of this printer as your personal workhorse. It has smart tasking capabilities, scan to mail, and mobile printing capabilities that you can manipulate on mobile, using an app developed especially for HP printers. Access all of these capabilities without even lifting a finger using voice command.
Despite all of its wonderful features, we find it amazing how it can be so compact. It practically would fit any spare space you have, even right on your work table. What’s more, never have to run out of ink again by enrolling to Amazon Dash.
- This printer is so compact, it’ll fit in any spare space at home or office.
- Fast, automatic double-sided printing saves you time and paper cost.
- App-supported, enjoy all the features while controlling it on mobile.
- It helps you break-free from the hassle of having to transfer your files from desktop to Cloud.
- One touch scan to mail available – fast, efficient, and effortless.
- The LCD screen could use a facelift for improved view and control.
- It creates annoying notifications but there are settings you can tweak to fix that.
10. HP DeskJet 3755
- Print, copy, scan
- Direct WiFi printing
- Mobile queuing enabled
This unit is your compact, all-in-one printer with plenty of pluses. It is, in our opinion, definitely a step up from the earlier generations of HP printers. It gives you multiple connectivity options, both wired and wireless. It allows you to operate its functions from either a desktop or mobile device, and runs across various OS as well. Quality prints are a given, of course – it’s an HP afterall.
Enjoy all of its wonderful features at the fraction of the cost of most other all-in-one printers. But, since it is so economical, it does come with a few disadvantages which we think are acceptable depending on what you need a printer for anyways.
- Energy-saving features help you cut down on your power bill.
- Optional high-yield cartridges are available depending on your printing needs.
- Direct WiFi means you can keep printing even when your home or office network is down.
- You may use a broad range of media up to Legal size.
- This printer is a bargain and definitely a steal if it suits your printing requirements.
- Slower printing but if you don’t require printing huge volumes, it’s good enough.
flux core wire reviews
1. Forney 42300 Flux Core Mig Wire | The Best Flux Cored Wire For Mild Steel
Forney 42300 Flux Core Mig Wire is a self-shielded wire and works well in almost all positions.
This particular flux core wire has been noted to be the perfect tool to be used in outdoors during windy conditions. It also happens to work well in all three of rusty, dirty and painted materials.
The Forney 42300 Flux Core can be used in almost every situation. However, in order to get the best out of this item, it should be used in single pass applications. These applications that require high travel speed this is because it can run hotter than most other solid wires.
As mentioned earlier that tensile strength [PSI] is important and the Forney 42300 has a tensile strength of 79000 which is above the set standard.
It is recommended that the polarity of this wire be DCEN or Direct Current, Electrode Negative, Straight.
A lot of people may think they can use the Forney 42300 for soldering purposes. However it is highly discouraged to use it for soldering. As this particular flux core wire was made for mid welding machines only.
The thickness measurement for this item is 0.03 inches. No batteries are needed to operate it. The overall weight of the wire is 2 pounds. The measurement system is in Metric.
1. Widely considered as the best flux cored wire.
2. Works in all types of conditions.
3. Performance is at its highest when used in single pass applications.
4. Very low priced compared to most other flux core wires.
Printer For Linux Buying Guide
The Common Unix Printing Scheme (CUPS) is used by most Linux distributions (as well as macOS), which includes drivers usable for most printers. That ensures that Linux can offer a much wider support for printers than Windows.
Below are some guidelines to follow when you are about to make your buy to ensure that the best Linux printer can find its way into your desk.
Selecting the printer
If you are about to buy a new printer, the easiest way to figure out if it supports Linux is to review the documents in the package or on the website of the manufacturer. The Open Printing database can also be searched. This is a perfect tool for testing the compatibility with Linux of different printers.
For all cases, it is better to check the manufacturer’s website before purchasing a printer and ask other Linux users.
A printer may be attached to a computer by many means. If your printer is attached via USB, the connection can be easily verified at the Bash prompt by issuing lsusb.
You’ll receive the Bus 002 Device 004: ID 03f0:ad2a Hewlett-Packard command. It’s not much detail, but you can tell it’s linked to the printer. You can find out more about the printer by entering other commands.
If you are attempting to connect your printer to a parallel port (assuming your device has a parallel port-these days they are rare), you can test the connection with another instruction.
The returned details will help you select the right driver for your device. I find that if I stick to famous brand-name printers, I get great results most of the time.
Setting Up The Printer Software
Fedora Linux and Ubuntu Linux both provide simple configuration tools for printers. Fedora can provide you with an impressive wiki for addressing issues of printing. The software can be activated quickly from GUI Settings or by running system-config-printer on the command line.
The HP Linux Imaging and Printing (HPLIP) program from Hewlett-Packard which supports Linux printing will probably already be installed on your Linux system. Otherwise you can download the newest update for distribution. Epson and Brother printers also have web pages that have Linux printer drivers, as well as other information.
Linux is a popular, most widely-used open-source operating system. As an operating system, Linux is the software that resides on a computer under all the other applications, accepting requests from other programs and relaying them to the hardware of the device.
So if you have been looking to buy the best printer for Linux for some time now, but were as lost as a deer in front of headlights-this article could be your helpful friend guiding you through the journey of purchase. With that hope, wishing you happy shopping!
What’s up, I read your blog regularly. Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you’re doing!