Are you a college student buried under assignments? Are you a parent, constantly helping your little ones’ school projects to become more creative? Are you a photographer fanatic or a full-time student of photography?
Regardless of your profession, you all must have had the grueling experience of waiting in the slow, long queues of the copy shops to get your masterpieces printed.
Let me guess, the repetitive hassle and waste of valuable time is finally making you consider buying your own printer by now based on how frequently you need access to one.
If that is the case and you are struggling to find the most suitable and affordable gadget to serve your cause, then look no further as we are about to review some of the best printers under $150 that could become your friend from the get-go.
Please note that, although the products were under or around 150$ when we were researching, the price may change by the time you’re reading this article. But still, all of the printers we featured here are budget options and value for the money.
HP OfficeJet 3830
- Print laser-quality documents and lab-quality photos
- HP Smart App Support
- Sheet Size 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14, Letter, Legal, Envelope
Comparison Table For Top 10 Printers Under $150
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|HP ENVY 5055||Check The Price|
|HP Office Jet 5255||Check The Price|
|Canon TS5120||Check The Price|
Canon PIXMA TR4520
|Check The Price|
Canon PIXMA MG3620
|Check The Price|
HP Deskjet 3639
|Check The Price|
Epson Expression Home XP-4100
|Check The Price|
|HP DeskJet 3755||Check The Price|
|Check The Price|
|Brother HL-L2320D||Check The Price|
Best Printers Under $150
1. HP ENVY 5055
- Versatile paper size support
- High quality pictures and texts
- Smart online ink-refill order
- Connectible with 5 devices at once
This particular inkjet model takes less than 5minutes to assemble, delivering its promise of user-friendliness which we all want in any device. With a sleek and simple design, this model is bound to fit and blend in with any home décor.
With dual-band Wi-Fi to ensure uninterrupted connection, you can connect this printer to up to 5 devices at once.
Its performance is nothing but extraordinary; delivering up to 1200 x 1200 for monochrome and 4800 x 1200 resolutions for color, ensuring the highest quality, clear and crisp texts and pictures.
The device requires refills which are quite affordable and you can even subscribe to smart online ink orders that will detect ink levels and automatically order refills to your doorstep.
With its ability to support a wide range of paper sizes starting from letter, legal, A4, 4 x 6 inches, 5 x 7 inches, 8 x 10 inches, and even No. 10 envelopes. This all-in-one wireless bad boy can scan, print, copy and even preview photos before printing.
The device comes with a monochromatic and easy to use touch-screen giving you access to all the essential functions a few taps away. The device is easy and straight-forward to use and the automatic duplexing feature not only saves your time and efforts, but also your money and resources.
- It has a sleek and simple design that makes it perfectly fit for any home decor.
- Its dual-band wifi ensures reliable and uninterrupted connections for up to 5 devices.
- It ensures exceptional performance with 1200 x 1200 resolution for monochrome and 4800 x 1200 resolution for color prints.
- This all-in-one versatile printer can scan, copy, print, and even preview the photos before printing.
- It doesn’t enable voice-activated printing, unlike other HP printers.
2. HP Office Jet 5255
- Direct scan from phone camera
- Direct printing from clouds
- Printing emails
- Energy Star certified
- Shortcuts can be created
This design from HP, unlike the one discussed above, does it all for you or your personal home office- printing, scanning, copying and even scanning. It can support a wide range of paper sizes just like the HP Envy 5055. It also includes built-in 35page ADF and Duplex printing.
To make things more exciting, you can directly scan documents from your phone camera. Can you even imagine how much easier your life would become? The wireless setup is simple and you can directly print files from the cloud such as iCloud, Google Drive and Dropbox. This work of art even has the capacity of working with Google Assistant via a separate compatible device.
As if all these weren’t enough, you can also create task shortcuts to save time and breeze through your tasks speedily, efficiently and hands-free. With dual-band Wi-Fi and HP Instant Ink, you are sure to enjoy uninterrupted connection and correct ink deliveries just when you need.
You can use this gadget as you please and print almost anything including PDFs, presentations, emails, photos, borderless printing, etc.; and that too from any compatible device of your choice-either by USB or Wireless connections.
This model is Energy Star certified- which means you can also save energy and help protect the environment without compromising your needs.
- This all-in-one printer supports a wide range of paper sizes.
- It allows you to print, copy, and scan and comprises built-in 35page ADF and Duplex printing.
- It has a simple wireless setup, and you can print files directly from the cloud-like iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- This Energy Star Certified printer is energy-efficient and protects the environment.
- Customer service may not always be helpful.
3. Canon TS5120
- Rear and front paper feeding
- Direct print viaAirPrint, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Cloud
- Photo editing options before printing
- Compact design
- Auto Duplex Printing
- Automatic on/off feature
Another creation from Canon, this printer might get at the costlier side of 150 bucks. But for the quality it delivers, it’s worth it.
This inkjet model has a more compact design than most Canon printers and comes with rear and front paper feeding to simultaneously accommodate different paper types. It also has Auto Duplex Printing and an easy-to-use user interface with 2.5” LCD screen.
The device comes with a built-in AirPrint with you can easily print directly from you iPad or iPhone without any app installations. This all-in-one wireless inkjet printer can be worked with any smart devices via USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Google Cloud Print and even the Cloud as well.
If you are looking for the perfect device to meet your everyday needs, this could be the right choice as it can print just about anything, be it documents, photos, forms, borderless photos or even tickets, etc. You can even directly scan all the important documents into your smartphone using the built in Flatbed scanner and the Cannon Print5 App.
This printer contains an automatic on/off feature which powers it up automatically when a document/picture is sent to print. You can even edit and organize your pictures using My Image Garden software and set up Easy Replenish to receive ink refills whenever you run out.
- It has a compact and sleek design that can fit perfectly into your home decor or workplace.
- This printer ensures rear and front paper feeding to accommodate different paper types simultaneously.
- With a 2.5” LCD screen, this printer ensures an easy-to-use interface and auto-duplex printing.
- It allows you to edit and customize your pictures via My Image Garden software.
- Its huge demand often leads to a shortage of supply in the market.
4. Canon PIXMA TR4520
- Can fax as well
- Large trays for high-volume printing
- Control panels are easy to use
- AirPrint and Mopria Print Service
- IFTTT Support
Capable of handling your versatile home and small business/office needs, the Canon PIXMA TR4520 can print, scan, copy, and even fax like a pro. This goodie can finally free some room in your home/office by replacing the old individual devices.
It consists of large paper trays for high volume printing and copying. You can easily connect with your smartphone, laptop or PC using its built-in Wi-Fi or other services including Mopria Print Service and AirPrint. The traditional option of USB connection is present as well.
This model from Canon is equipped with IFTTT support (IF This Then That) and you can connect with a wide range of web services and applications. You can even make your apps and devices work together to aid automatic printing, which would let you have a speedy and hassle-free printing experience.
Like the previous Canon printer discussed above, the PIXMA TR4520 also comes with built-in ADF, Duplex Printing and automatic on/off facilities. You will be able to enjoy a fast and high-quality printing experience with print speeds of 8.8 IPM for B/W and 4.4 IPM for color (IPM= Images Per Minute); and detailed prints of up to a resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- It ensures versatile paper handling for home and small office needs.
- It enables large paper trays to carry-on high-volume copying and printing tasks.
- You can use its built-in wifi and other services like the AirPrint or Mopria Print service to connect with any device.
- It’s equipped with IFTTT support that enables you to connect with a range of web applications and services.
- It doesn’t support Google Cloud printing.
5. Canon Pixma MG3620
- Greater printing speed
- Quiet mode
- Auto Scan Mode
- Direct print via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria and Canon Print
- Wireless app control
Another magnificent creation from Canon’s PIXMA series, this model delivers Canon’s signature high quality print of up to the same resolution of PIXMA TR4520, but with greater speeds of 9.9 IPM for B/W and 5.7 IPM for color.
It also comes with a high scanning resolution of 1200 x 2400 optical color dpi- ensuring impeccable detail and quality.
Along with the usual easy wireless setup, compact design and auto duplex printing, this model includes a quiet mode for printing and its Auto Scan Mode can automatically apply correct settings by detecting what type of document is being scanned. Now if this isn’t what you call smart, I don’t know what is!
You can print, scan and copy from the comfort of any room within your home due to its strong wireless and mobile printing abilities. You can directly print from your smartphones and other devices via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria and Canon Print.It has two separate cartridges for black ink and colored ink which can easily be refilled individually.
This amazing device has the ability to color print up to 9.9 images per minute for quick duplex printing and has a push button plus a wireless app control which ensures versatility. All these features combined together in one compact device could make this model your closest friend indeed.
- It ensures high-quality print with a maximum print speed of 9.9 IPM for B/W and 5.7 IPM for color.
- You’ll enjoy exceptional detail and quality with a high scanning resolution of 1200 x 2400 optical color dpi.
- Its strong wireless and mobile printing feature allows you to scan, print, and copy from any corner of the home.
- You can print from your smartphone directly or from other devices through Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, Mopria, NFC, and Canon Print.
- Its maximum print speed is comparatively lower than other Canon printers.
6. HP Deskjet 3639
- Affordable color inkjet printer
- Compatible to Alexa
- Work from anywhere using HP Smart App
- Compact design and quiet-mode print
- One-year limited hardware warranty
We have used this HP Deskjet 3639 printer model, and the results were impressive. This printer is not only affordable but full of features and convenience. This color inkjet printer allows you to print, scan, and copy at a much faster rate. Its auto wireless connect feature allows you to handle more tasks at ease and convenience. You can enjoy easy control and quick access to settings with the help of simple icons featured by the display panel. You can save up to 50% on Ink and get them delivered to your doorstep before running out.
- It is affordable and allows you to print, scan, and copy.
- This auto wireless connected inkjet printer helps you carry multiple tasks with ease.
- You can use the HP smart app to set up this printer and manage the printing operations.
- It ensures a wide range of paper size support and delivers borderless photos right at home.
- The setup process can be a bit complex.
7. Epson Expression Home XP-4100
- Compact and small size
- Instant dry Clarian Ink
- Hands-free, voice-activated printing
- Affordable individual ink cartridges
- Simple navigation and setup
The EPSON Expression XP-4100 is one of the most cost-effective all-in-one wireless printers. This sleek and compact printer enables auto 2-sided printing along with other highly efficient features for everyday home printing. With a 2.4-inch color LCD panel, you can enjoy simple navigation and setup process. Its wireless connection makes printing, scanning, and copying photos and documents a much simpler and hassle-free task. Whether it’s an Android tablet, smartphone, iPhone, or iPad, you can connect anyone to print. With the cost-effective individual ink cartridges, you have to only replace the color that runs out. Also, enjoy easy printing on command with the hands-free, voice-activated system in this printer.
- Its compact and small size comes with a space-saving design for home and office purposes.
- Enjoy having instant, touchable photos and documents with instant dry Clarian Ink.
- It enables hands-free, voice-activated printing for optimal user experience.
- It ensures a foolproof wireless solution to easily print from iOS and Android devices.
- The EPSON customer service may not always be satisfactory.
8. HP DeskJet 3755 Compact
- All-in-one compact wireless printer
- Network ready
- Energy Star Certified
- Cloud print enabled
- Highly compatible with OS
We have reviewed the HP Deskjet 3755 compact printer and were amazed by its crucial functions as a compact, sleek printer. This wireless printer can ensure AirPrint, Cloud print, and more. With the help of the HP smart app, you can set up the printer easily, order the tinder, and print from cloud print services like Google Drive, Dropbox, and iCloud. It has a compact and sleek space-saving design that enables it to fit in any office or home easily. Also, the HP Scroll Scan feature allows you to handle most scan operations, like scanning stiff media or plain paper.
- This printer is made of compact design and ensures wireless printing with other features like AirPrint, Instant Ink ready, etc.
- You can use the HP Smart App to set up the printer, order toner, scan from smartphones, and print from cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud.
- This compact wireless printer has a space-saving design for an easy fit in any office or home.
- Whether it’s plain paper or stiff media, you can handle most scanning tasks with the HP Scroll Scan feature.
- It does not print on both sides of the paper.
9. Canon TS202 Inkjet
- Fine hybrid ink system
- Dedicated rear paper tray
- Great compact size
- Great OS and ink compatibility
- Highly affordable
We have assessed and ranked the Canon TS202 inkjet printer as one of the best compact printing solutions in today’s market. This compact printing solution ensures printing detailed photos and documents with the use of a fine hybrid ink system. You can also quickly refill paper with the dedicated and good-quality rear paper tray.
Moreover, its great compact size can make the device space-efficient and perfectly fit for any corner of the house or office. It ensures high compatibility with operating systems like Windows 5 Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1; Mac 6 Mac OS X v10.10.5, macOS v10.12 (Sierra). Moreover, it has good ink compatibility too.
- You will enjoy detailed photos and documents with a fine hybrid ink system.
- The dedicated rear paper tray can quickly refill the paper.
- Its compact design makes it space-efficient and fit for any corner in the home or office.
- It has a good output tray capacity and great OS compatibility.
- It is a bit noisy when compared to other printers.
10. Brother HL-L2320D
- Electrophotographic laser print technology
- Automatic duplexing
- 30 ppm print speed for mono
- High capacity adjustable tray
- Compact design and affordable price
We have reviewed and concluded that the Brother HL-L2320D printer is the best in the market in terms of print speed for monochrome pages. The printer uses electrophotographic laser print technology to deliver high-quality and superior monochrome prints.
With the automatic duplexing system, you can enjoy optimal efficiency in your printing operations. Also, this printer is a great choice for those who are looking for a simple yet elegant printer at a budget-friendly price. One thing that stunned us and every user is its print speed for mono pages – 30 ppm. It’s simply incredible.
- You can enjoy high-quality and top-notch monochrome prints as the printer uses electrophotographic laser print technology.
- It uses the automatic duplexing system to ensure optimal convenience and efficiency in printing.
- Its maximum print speed of 30 ppm for monochrome documents and images is too fast and impressive.
- Its compact and sleek design can make it easily fit into any spot around the house or office.
- By default, the printer may not come with a USB cable.
Choosing The Perfect Printer For Your Cause
Inkjet or Laser
The first thing to consider when buying a printer of your own is how heavy-duty and versatile your printing needs are. Color inkjets are the best kinds in the market right now, with the ability print almost anything, starting from your essays, pie charts to even glossy pictures; simultaneously delivering on speed and high quality as well.
Laser printers are best for when most of your prints are monochromatic as they provide unmatchable, crisp and clear details. However, color laser printers are not as cost-effective as an inkjet printer or a laser printer.
Image Quality AndPrinting Speed
In terms of printing images, consider the quality of output you need. For example, if you work at a design company, you most likely would need to print high quality images for clients.
On the other hand, if your job is mostly based on text documents, then there is no need of extremely high quality images and unnecessarily raise your costs.
When it comes to printing speed, the bigger the bulk of printing you need to do, the higher the speed you need and vice versa.
Multi-Function OrLimited Function
Choose your printer function based on the existing equipment you have. Single-function printers provide the highest quality text and monochrome prints, whereas multifunction ones, being the jack of all trades, would save both your space and money.
You can choose the basic versions that use USB connections with your PC or laptop for a more permanent setting; or go for portable wireless ones if you are a busy-bee always on the go. The wireless ones can easily connect with all modern devices including smartphones.
Automatic Duplex Feeder (ADF) And Duplexing
Duplexing means the printing/scanning both sides of a page without you needing to manually flip pages. The ADF does the job and delivers the pages on its own from your pre-set instruction.
This automatic functioning is basically another blessing of technology; you can get ahead with your other chores while your printer does all the work at your command.
Duplexing is essential for when most of the prints you need are double-sided, for example: magazines; saving both money and resources.
Consider available free space when purchasing a printer as you are about to make your life easier; not messier and more congested. Inkjets are usually smaller in size and multifunction ones can replace other equipment and provide you an all-in-one experience.
Maintenance AndOperational Costs
Don’t get tricked by affordable printers that secretly drains out your pockets with expensive cartridge replacements/repair. Refillable cartridges are economical, but make sure not to let the cartridge to completely dry out empty as it may damage your device.
Also, opt for simple solutions and maintenance for personal uses or small business as you won’t be having access to an IT expert now and then. You can also confirm with your seller what IT and repair/maintenance services they would be able to provide.
Depending on your needs, type of profession and budget, you can now finally take a step towards making the right choice for yourself from a few of the available options or any other options to serve your purpose.
This article summarizes the information of some of the best printers under $150 that you could buy along with guidelines to ensure that your purchase becomes worthwhile. Now with this newfound knowledge of the basics, you can definitely take the leap of faith and let your creativity shine.