Want to have the ultimate cinematic experience right from the safety of your home at affordable rates? You should get an outdoor projector and a memorable & exciting experience! Choosing the best projector under 300 is a daunting task since there are so many options available in the market.
To make the buying process easy for you, we have put together a list of the top 7 best home projectors under 300.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Best Projector Under 300 for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
When you are buying a projectr, you have to keep an eye on a few features such as brightness, contrast ratio, etc. We have compared these features in the comparison table below to make things easy for you!
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|Optoma SH360||Check The Price|
|UUO Native 1080P Projector||Check The Price|
|Odherri Projector||Check The Price|
|ViewSonic SVGA Projector||Check The Price|
|WiMiUS K3 Projector||Check The Price|
|View Sonic M1 Projector||Check The Price|
|WiMiUS S25 projector||Check The Price|
1. Optoma SH360 Affordable Home Projector
- Large, Colorful Image – 480p
- Brightness – 3,600 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio – 22,000:1
- Lamp Life – 15,000 hours
Optoma SH360 offers you all the perks of a good projector at a reasonable and affordable price. This projector offers you a large and vibrant image that is up to 300” in size. Moreover, this outdoor projector has a contrast ratio of 22,000:1.
The projector’s light is compatible with both dark and dim environments. This means that it is a versatile projector, perfect for both indoors and outdoors. This Optoma projector has various connectivity options and is compatible with laptops, Blu-ray players, Roku Amazon Fire Stick, etc.
It has long lamp life and you can enjoy up to 15,000 hours of lamp life. You will be able to use the projector for 10+ years, with an average usage of 4 hours daily. It does not only offer you a good quality picture but also ensures stable sound with its 10W speakers.
What’s more, the projector comes with a ±40° vertical keystone along with a 1.1x zoom feature. This projector will provide you with the true 3D content you deserve!
- It has 3,6000 lumens of brightness which allow you to have a cinematic experience even if the lights are on.
- It is a versatile projector that can be used both indoors & outdoors.
- You can connect with a variety of devices.
- The long lamp life ensures that you can use the projector for many years to come.
- With the projector’s amazing standard throw projection, you can view a 120” clear image from 15 ft. away.
- You need 3D glasses with this projector which are not included.
- Resolution is comparatively low.
2. UUO Native 1080P Projector P6 Upgraded Projector
- Image Quality – 1920x1080p – Full HD Supporting 4K
- Brightness – 7,200 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio – 8,000:1
- Lamp Life – 50,000 hours
At such an affordable price, the UUO P6 home projector offers you 1920x1080p resolution. In addition to this, it has a contrast ratio of 8,000:1 that improves picture quality and reduces any kind of blurring effect.
You get detailed, sharpened images without compression or reduction. UUO projector supports 4K and DOLBY formats of videos. This projector has an upgraded brightness of 7200 lumens which is pretty amazing at this price point.
The led lamp is very easy to turn on & off. It has a very quiet operation since its noise level is below 55 decibels. The projector consumes very low power, which means no hefty energy bills! With an amazing lamp life of 50,000 hours, the projector can work for almost 15 years, with an average usage of four hours daily.
With the amazing, high-tech colour reproduction technology, the projector easily reproduces high colour gamut & brightness. It has ±50 ° Electronic Keystone, ± 50 ° zoom function controlled and 360 ° rotation by the remote control which allows easy control over its settings.
The projector is compatible with various devices and has a vast range of connectivity options such as HDMI, AV, VGA, USB, SD card, etc.
- The projector comes with enhanced pixel technology that sharpens the images & reduces the pixel blur.
- No harsh noise is generated while the projector is playing and the noise level is fairly low.
- The projector minimizes energy consumption, which is a huge plus.
- The long lamp life ensures that you will not have to change the projector for a long time.
- The upgraded screen technology provides you with life-like images on the screen.
- The projector has a comparatively large size.
- A few users have reported issues with the focus.
3. OHDERII Projector
- Image Quality – 1920 x 1080
- Brightness – 5,200 lumens
- Contrast Ratio – 1200:1
- Lamp Life – 40,000 hours
- Remote Controlled
The Odherri projector is lightweight & small in size which makes it highly portable. If you are in search of some backyard entertainment or are searching for a projector that will become a permanent fixture in your sitting room, this outdoor projector under $300 deserves a chance.
The projector has multi-resolution compatibility which allows 1080p videos to be downsized to 720p which you can display on screens up to 120-inches in size. You get convenient connection options, no matter which device you are trying to connect.
With traditional connection ports such as HDMI, AV, VGA along with a USB port & SD card slot, you will not face issues with this projector. You can connect any speaker system with the help of a 3.5mm jack to enhance your experience.
- The projector has various mounting choices.
- With a lifetime warranty, this projector will definitely last a long time.
- It is compatible with smartphones. You can easily connect your phone to one of the provided ports.
- It comes with a user-friendly control interface.
- The project is perfect for both indoor and outdoor usage.
4. ViewSonic 3800 Lumens SVGA Projector
- Image Quality – 1920x1080p – Full HD Supporting 4K
- Brightness – 3,800 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio – 8,000:1
- Lamp Life – 15,000 hours
If you are looking for a projector to help you with your studies, your office work, or for entertainment in case of small family cinema gatherings, then ViewSonic 3800 Lumens SVGA Projector is a great choice for you.
The projector offers you a big-screen projection as it projects 120 inches. With a brightness of 3,800 lumens, the projector is highly efficient. Moreover, it is very easy to set up and operate. All you have to do is to plug it in and you will be ready to have some fun!
With a lamp life of 15,000 hours, you can rest assured that this projector will last for a long time. Additionally, you get 1 year of lamp coverage and access to their US-based customer service.
When it comes to connectivity, this best projector under 300 offers you a variety of inputs like HDMI, VGA, and more. Moreover, it supports a huge range of devices like DVD & Blu-ray players, Amazon FireTV, AppleTV, Google Chromecast, etc.
- It is a versatile projector with advanced visual features that make it perfect for use in small business presentations as well as for educational purposes.
- The projector offers big screen projection as it projects 120” from a distance of 15 ft. 8 inches.
- With a simple setup & easy control, you simply have to plug and play this projector.
- The lamp has a super eco mode that allows it to work perfectly for a long time.
- This product comes with 3-year limited parts coverage along with 1-year lamp coverage, which is amazing.
- The in-built speaker is not very loud.
- It doesn’t have a USB power option.
5. WiMiUS K3 7800L 4K Video Projector
- Image Quality – 1920x1080p – Full HD Supporting 4K
- Brightness – 1500 ANSI lumens
- Contrast Ratio – 10,000:1
- Lamp Life – 100,000 hours
- Wireless Connectivity Enabled
WiMiUS projector comes with amazing, all-new LED technology which results in a comparatively brighter image. It has a resolution of 1080p which provides you with excellent image quality. This projector has a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and has an aspect ratio of 16: 9/4: 3.
This gives you clear and enhanced pixels with realistic colors. What we absolutely love about this projector is the fact that it comes with Wi-Fi connectivity. This means that you connect it with your mobile and other devices with relative ease.
The projector has high-quality 10W speakers that provide loud, stable sound which enhances the whole experience. Moreover, the projector has a quiet operation and will not cause any disturbances. Another great thing about this 5G Wi-Fi projector is that it has a removable dust filter.
- This projector comes with a native resolution of 1080p which results in sharp, bright images.
- To provide a better connection with smartphones, the projector comes with an advanced Wi-Fi chip that enables a faster connection.
- With dual, high-powered speakers and low fan noise, this projector is worth the money you spend on it.
- The LED lamp has a lamp life of about 100,000 hours.
- Moreover, you get free lamp replacement in the first year and a two-year warranty of free repair.
- It comes with a ceiling mount for easy setup & installation.
- The power cord is relatively short so you will need an extension cord.
- The USB ports are really close & if you are using both of them together, it will be a tight fit.
6. ViewSonic M1+ Portable Smart Wi-Fi Projector
- Image Quality – 854x480p
- Brightness – 300 LED lumens
- Contrast Ratio – 120,000:1
- Lamp Life – 30,000 hours
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Green Design
View Sonic M1 projector is extremely portable because of its lightweight and smooth design. This projector has a fairly good 480x854p resolution which presents you with a good quality picture. The projector uses LED technology and has minimum glares.
This portable projector comes with a shorter throw lens and can project up to 100” from over 8 ft. The average projection distance is 8ft. to 9ft. It has built-in Harman Kardon speakers which deliver good quality audio. The projector has a battery that can be charged. Even on power-saving mode, it easily works for 5 hours.
ViewSonic M1 has a very simple setup. All you have to do is plug it in and the projector will be up & running! This projector has flexible connectivity and supports Android, iOS, Windows, as well as various gaming consoles and a lot more.
Moreover, you get accessories such as remote control, projector case, power adapter, etc. with the projector.
- It is highly portable and you can set it up anywhere you want.
- The built-in speakers are of amazing quality.
- In full power mode, the projector works for about 2.5 hours. If you run the projector on power-saving mode, it can last for about 5 hours.
- With easy setup & installation, you simply need to plug in & play!
- You get a 3-year limited parts warranty along with access to professional, US-based customer service representatives.
- You can’t mirror or screencast content from Amazon Prime, Netflix, or Hulu. You will have to download the apps onto the projector to be able to play.
- Remote works only if you are pointing it directly at the projector which can be an issue.
7. WiMiUS S25 Portable Projector
- Image Quality – 1920 x 1080p
- Brightness – 6,000 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio – 6,000:1
- Lamp Life – 60,000 hours
- Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connectivity
The last, but not the least, product on our list is the WiMiUS S25 projector with a brightness of 200 ANSI Lumens & an amazing resolution of 1920 x 1080P. This Wi-Fi projector delivers high-quality pictures with vibrant clarity, remarkable clarity, fabulous contrast, and a lot more.
With a maximum display size of 200” and a viewing distance of 7 ft. to 10 ft., this projector gives you a truly cinematic experience. At this price point, you will not get a better product out there. It comes with a 2.4G Wi-Fi chip that allows you to connect with devices wirelessly without any hassle.
With high-quality, built-in Hi-Fi speakers along with connectivity for external speakers, this projector will provide amazing audio as well. The projector is compatible with various devices and is super portable.
- The projector comes with both Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connectivity.
- It is perfect for home theatre, garden parties, outdoor camping trips, etc.
- With this projector, you get a full money-back warranty as well as a new replacement warranty. Other than this, you get a free repair warranty for 3 years.
- It has HD resolution which provides the users with a truly cinematic, life-like experience.
- The projector comes with a portable carrying case.
- The fan is slightly noisy.
- Keystone adjustment takes some time
A Complete Projector Buying Guide
Feel like you are ready to go out and buy a great projector for under $300? Hold your horses, folks! Before you go out and make a decision, you need to take a look at a few important factors. Here’s a compact yet useful guide that will help select the best products available based on their features and functions.
When it comes to watching a movie or video on the projector, you need to ensure that its quality is great and everyone can view it perfectly. For this is to happen, your projector should have an excellent resolution.
The minimum resolution a projector should have is 480p. If it is less than that, the picture quality will be poor, pixelated, and blurred
Another factor that you have to keep your eye on is brightness. Brightness is measured in Lumens. The better the lumen rating, the better will be the picture quality. Therefore, get a projector with a good Lumen Rating.
Usually, if you are going to use the projector outdoors, you need more brightness. Therefore, the lumen rating that you need depends on your requirements. For indoor usage, even a low lumen rating would work.
However, for outdoors, you need a great lumen rating. Check the lumen ratings of each projector that we have reviewed above and then make your choice.
If your projector doesn’t have good contrast, it will cause the colours and shadows on the screen to be projected badly and inappropriately. This will ruin the entire movie for you. You get a projector with a good contrast ratio to get the balance between shadow details & the deep blacks.
The greater the contrast ratio rating, the better the results from the projector will be. We have mentioned the contrast ratio of each best projector under 300 that we have reviewed for your convenience.
Another feature to keep an eye on is the lens zoom. If your projector has an excellent lens zoom, you will not have to adjust the entire system. Rather, you can simply zoom in on the video as per your requirements.
Check the zoom rating that is usually given on the box or the instructions manual.
Top projectors should have multiple connectivity options such as VGA, HDMI, USB, etc. Moreover, if a projector comes with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity, that is even better!
The best projectors under 300 that we have reviewed above have various connectivity options, and a few of them even have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Choose one of them and you will not face any issue in terms of connectivity.
Some projectors come with built-in speakers while with others you need to connect external speakers. Firstly, check if the projector has in-built speakers. If it does, the next thing would be to check whether those speakers were of high quality or not.
If there are no built-in speakers, then check if the projector has a connectivity option for an external speaker. Usually, projectors come with a port for a 3.5mm headphone jack with which you can connect external speakers.
Best Projector Under 300 – Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What should I look for a less expensive projector?
If you want to pay less than $300 for a projector, you need to look at the brightness, resolution, contrast ratio, etc. We have briefly discussed these features above as well so that you would know better.
Q: How many lumens should my projector have?
For home theatre, you can get a projector with a minimum of 1500 lumens. If you are getting a projector for classrooms, or conference rooms, you should get a projector with at least 2500 lumens. For large auditoriums, you should get a projector with at least 4000 lumens.
With a global pandemic going on, we can’t go out and enjoy movies in the cinemas without a sword hanging over our heads anymore. However, this doesn’t mean that you should give up on an amazing cinematic experience.
Buy one of the best projectors under 300 that we reviewed above, and have fun making memories with your friends & family – right from the safety and comfort of your homes!
Here’s to an amazing movie night, folks!