Slide projectors are not often seen today because we have better technology to take and view our photos. But that being said, we all have older photos and negatives which we wish we could view today.
Yes, you can get them developed and printed too, but that beats the purpose of enjoying it on a screen, as we do with photos today.
To bring the past back to life, we are going to discuss some of the best slide projectors which are available in the market today. Given, this is not an everyday device that people buy, a good amount of research is required to ensure you get yourself the right ones.
Our list here covers a range of models that you can use to view your old gems. And if you are confused about what to exactly look for in a slide projector, check out the detailed guide that breaks it all down for you.
Rybozen Lighted Illuminated
- Battery: 2*AA Batteries
- Compatible Slide Size: 35mm Slides
- Screen Size: 2” x 2 3/8”
- Magnification: 2x
List Of Top Slide Projector
Top 10 Slide Projectors Comparison Chart
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|Rybozen LED Lighted Illuminated Slide Viewer||Check The Price|
|KODAK Mini Digital Film & Slide Scanner||Check The Price|
|Rybozen 35mm Slide Viewer||Check The Price|
|KODAK SCANZA Digital Film & Slide Scanner||Check The Price|
|Porta Slide PS-E2 Illuminated Slide Viewer||Check The Price|
|Vivitar 3000AF Carousel Slide Projector||Check The Price|
|KODAK Slide N SCAN Film and Slide Scanner||Check The Price|
|KODAK 35mm Slide and Film Viewer||Check The Price|
|Porta Slide Illuminated Slide Viewer||Check The Price|
|Kodak BC4404 Carousel||Check The Price|
Best Slide Projectors Reviews
1. Rybozen LED Lighted Illuminated Slide Viewer
- Slide viewer is made to view 35mm slides
- The lens is made of premium quality glass for accuracy
- 2 times magnification lets you enjoy details in pictures
- Being compact and lightweight makes this easy to carry
- LED light makes viewing easier with increased brightness
This next one is an LED Lighted Illuminated Slide Viewer from Rybozen. With the LED, now you can view your photos on the screen in a much better light than what traditional methods would allow.
The screen is brighter and you can see colors better. It lets you know if there are damages to the picture or not, in which case you can choose to not transfer or print it, which would end up being a waste.
Compatible with 35mm slides, this one magnifies your photos up to 2 times. This lets you see more details than you otherwise can normally with the naked eye.
The lens is also made of glass, which gives it a lot of precision. Images are also clearer and have more clarity this way.
The device itself is pretty small and lightweight, so you can carry it to places if you want. This also makes it easier to use.
All you have to do is insert batteries for it to start working, followed by inserting your slides from the entrance provided and press them down until you see the light. Now you can easily view it using the magnifying lens.
- This projector comes with 2x magnification that will allow you to view films and slides with zero blurriness.
- It is light and portable, suitable for use both at home and in the office.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- The battery removal instruction in the user manual is difficult to follow.
2. KODAK Mini Digital Film & Slide Scanner
- Device allows you to view and edit photos for enhancement
- Includes a 2.4-inch LCD to see photos
- Comes with interchangeable adapters to view all sorts of photos
- Continuous loading system lets you go through faster
- Can scan your photos and form JPEG files
It is no surprise that the first model we talk about is one from KODAK. This is the Mini Digital Film & Slide Scanner that lets you use numerous slides.
Using this you can very easily scan, then view the pictures on the LCD and then if needed proceed to edit them as well! If you like what you see, simply convert them and save.
You can also enhance the resolution on this between 14 and 22 megapixels, depending on the kind of film or slide you are using.
All these features make it super easy for you to turn your old pictures into a newer version that you can readily have now. It also comes with a handful of adapters, so you can insert not one, but numerous kinds of old films and slides.
Once you are satisfied viewing your slides, you can use an SD card to store them and hold onto them. The device supports SD cards up to 32GB. The internal memory on the device is 128 MB, which is pretty decent for editing films.
Navigation buttons are upgraded to make them easier to use. Now you have the home button and scan button, which lets you work with simply one touch, making your process faster than before.
- This projector supports memory cards of up to 32GB.
- It comes with an intuitive 2.4” LCD to view and edit your slide.
- Processes are designed to work with a one-press button function to ease operations.
- It is pricey.
3. Rybozen 35mm Slide Viewer
- 3 times magnification allows you to see pictures clearly
- LED illuminates pictures to give them more clarity
- Is easy to operate and use on a desk
- Can be used with both individual slides and films
- Is compatible with 35MM slides and film negatives
This one is also from Rybozen, and it claims to bring your old memories to life. Thanks to its range of features it lives up to its claims. Using this you can view your old negative films and slides of 35mm in size.
Now, this is a desk top viewer, which makes it easy to use for professionals, and makes it portable at the same time. So you can use this in your studio, and bring it back home if you want.
The 3 times magnification lets you see pictures much clearer. You can now see all those small details you otherwise could not. And this lets you decide if you want to transfer to print these photos, or discard them depending on any damage caused.
It comes with an LED built-in behind the glass viewing. This helps to brighten pictures on the screen and gives you increased clarity even on soft photos. This further lets you see your pictures with more brightness and a higher contrast.
All you have to do is press the eject button, and insert slides into the slide tray to view your photos. It really is that simple to operate and use this!
- This projector has a magnifying lens that zooms images up to 3X without distortion.
- It comes with super-bright daylight LED illumination that renders images crystal clear.
- It is an easy-to-use desktop Portable Viewer with Slide Tray and Eject Button.
- Slides can get stuck once in a while.
4. KODAK SCANZA Digital Film & Slide Scanner
- Speed load adapters make loading fast and easy
- On-screen instructions are provided for correct adapter use
- Images can be saved to SD cards to be transferred
- Comes with a USB connection to connect with computers
- TV output can be used to see photos on TV
Another brilliant find from KODAK, this is the SCANZA Digital Film & Slide Scanner. It lets you convert all your favorite old photos into JPEG files within seconds! So you do not have to come back and view them with all this work, but can access them like you access any photo today.
It is compatible with a wide range of formats. From the 35mm, 126, 110 to Super 8 and 8mm negatives & slides, you can insert them all into this viewer.
The screen on this is also bigger than most. At 3.5 inches, the LCD gives you plenty of space to view your pictures before you decide to work on them further. There is also a built-in color display that can adjust your brightness and tilt if required, in the device.
With this device, you get an adapter for every purpose, and that is what truly makes this stand out from the rest. This lets you view any kind of picture you want, from any slide format.
There are combinations you have to use to get the desired format, but these will be provided on the screen as instructions, so you need not memorize them. With the large buttons, all you have to do is follow the instructions and press away to find all your pictures digitized.
- This projector comes with a bright 3.5” TFT LCD screen.
- It comes with big one-touch buttons for one-step save and scan operations.
- This unit supports a memory card of up to 128GB.
- The screen menu fonts should be bigger and more user-friendly.
5. Porta Slide PS-E2 Illuminated Slide Viewer
- Viewer can be used to see 2×2 and 35mm sizes
- Can automatically adjust colors when needed
- USB cable included lets you connect to computers
- Pressure activated slide viewer is easy to use
- Genuine glass lens helps to give clear pictures
The Porta Slide PS-E2 Illuminated Slide Viewer is our very last review. This one supports 35mm and 2×2 inch (5x5cm) format slides, and can give you a digitized version of these to keep forever.
This device is very small and compact, which makes this portable. If you want to take it over to a friend and convert all your pictures together, you can surely do so, and easily too since this is made for handheld use.
It comes with a genuine glass lens. These are well known to give you the clearest visuals. So you can be sure that what you see on screen will be crystal clear, and one that lets you enjoy bright colors and details.
There is also a folding metal support provided. It lets you put up the device in a standing position, which makes inserting and viewing slides much easier.
To get this going, you have to insert your slide into the top slot provided and you can then see the picture on the screen.
- This slide projector is compatible with all types of 35mm, and 2×2 inch mounted slides.
- It is easy to operate; your kids can use it.
- It is small and compact, suitable for handheld use.
- The projected slide can be better magnified.
6. Vivitar 3000AF Slide Projector
- Remote Control
- Automatic Focus
- Quiet Operation
This old-school projector was first made in 1982 but is still very functional today. Vivitar 3000AF is an excellent way to display your slides at home or in the office. It can project up to 162-inches with zero blurriness and distortion. The image quality and color blend are amazing for a machine made several ago.
The Vivitar 3000AF is back! And this time, it is far better than the first generation. With this machine, you will be able to relive old memories in super-bright, clean slides. Plus, the projector has been made user-friendly; even a novice can set up and create an interesting slide collection in minutes. It is easily one of the best slide projectors today, and it’s been ever-present.
We are massive fans of this old-school projector that has evolved with changing technology over the years. It is a testament to Vivitar staying power. If you are on the lookout for a modern, powerful slide projector, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- This unit is small and compact and suitable for office and home use.
- You can say it’s novice-friendly; kids can operate it.
- It comes with a remote control for stress-free operation.
- It does not come with an LCD screen.
7. KODAK Slide N SCAN Film and Slide Scanner
- 5” LCD display
- Single touch edits
- Quick-Feeding Tray Technology
With the KODAK Slide N SCAN Film, you can view, edit and convert black and white negatives and old colored photos into modern digital files. It comes with a quick-feeding tray technology that allows fast-load action, making scanning super-fast and simple. This projector is beginner-friendly, suitable for personal use or DIY projects.
The KODAK Slide N SCAN Film has a color adjustment and correction feature. The fast-scanning speed and easy-to-use operating system make it even more appealing. It also supports the transfer of pictures via an SD card. Reviewers also love the advanced Capture Software that makes it easy to resize and converts images through an “Easy Scan” Button. You’ll never have to worry about complex editing settings on this slide projector.
This projector is a smart option for individuals who need a pocket-friendly quality machine. Give it a try!
- This slide projector comes with a 5” LCD display for a crystal clear display.
- With a quick-feeding tray technology, scanning is super-fast and simple.
- It supports one-touch editing operations.
- The dating on this machine only goes as far back as 1 January 1980.
8.KODAK 35mm Slide and Film Viewer
- 3X magnification
- Quick-Eject Button
- Built-in LED Light Box
This slide projector comes with a 3 inches LCD screen and can handle up to 35mm film negatives and slides. As such, it is ideally placed to help you relive your past and walk you down memory lane.
The KODAK 35mm comes with a lens that can zoom your inputs up to 3X without blurriness and distortion. You can power this device via two AA batteries or DC cables. At 14.1 ounces weight, this machine is portable and compact. This, in combo with a dimension of 6.5 x 3 x 6 inches, you can move it around with ease.
This device is easy to operate for kids, adults, and the elderly. All that is needed is to arrange the slides into the tray, sit back and relax as you reminisce. You will also find the quick-eject button handy; it makes it easy to conveniently remove a playing slide and insert the next.
Finally, it comes with 4 Natural White 6000K bright daylight LED bulbs, ensuring superb illumination for excellent contrast and clarity.
- This slide projector can be powered two ways, either via AA batteries or AC/DC adapter.
- It can magnify images up to 3X without distortion and blur.
- It comes with a quick-eject button that allows fast removal of the current slide and placement of the next.
- Some slides can get stuck during ejecting once in a while.
9. Porta Slide Illuminated Slide Viewer
- 5-inch viewing screen
- 2x magnification
- Pressure activated color slide
The porta Slide viewer is perfect for handheld and desktop usage. It measures 5.2 x 3.78 x 3.19 inches and weighs an ultra-light 8.6 ounces. Combined with a power source of 2 AA batteries, this small size makes this device well-suited for road trips and travels.
This projector can zoom your slides up to 2X. It comes with illuminating LED lights to ensure you are treated to crystal clear images. We love that this model requires no punching of buttons, as it is pressure-activated. As such, this device can be operated by kids and senior citizens.
The porta Slide viewer also features a premium quality lens glass that churns out vivid images all the time. The manufacturer includes a microfiber fabric to clean and maintain the lens as part of the package. This machine will serve for many years. In all, this machine is excellent, supports a media file of 35mm photographs, 2 x 2 inches, and films. A wide viewing screen also ensures that your viewing experience is clear and enjoyable.
- This machine is lightweight and portable, perfect for handheld use.
- You can magnify images clearly up to 2X without distortion.
- It is battery operated and requires only 2 AA batteries to function.
- It does not have an auto-eject feature.
10. DIGITNOW Digital Film and Slide Scanner
- 3 Inch LCD Display
- Quick-feeding trays
- SD Card storage up to 128GB
And finally, the portable DIGITNOW Digital Film and Slide Scanner. It is a cute little projector, inexpensive and packed with premium features.
Using this device is super-easy, simply load the slides into this machine and start scanning. You can set the slide size you want to scan and the memory size you want to dedicate to it. Even more impressive is that the slide projector saves the scanned media in flash storage. As such, you can view them anytime you like. The machine can save your slides and allow you to browse the images at your convenience.
Another impressive feature is the Live Filter that allows users to preview a scanned slide before using them. It needs just one second to scan a slide, allowing you to peek into what it will look like before you print.
- This slide projector comes with remote control for hand-free operations.
- It is small and portable, perfect for home and office use.
- There’s rear-to-center illumination for an excellent viewing experience.
- It does not have an LCD screen.
Slide Projectors Buying Guide
Although we are buying a device that helps us see old photos, the device itself should have a new design. In other words, it should be compact and small, unlike older devices which were bulkier.
Having a smaller device lets you use it better, and is also great for when you want to take it over to your friends to view your older photos together.
Magnifying power refers to how much you want to magnify your images. When you insert your older pictures, you need to decide on how big you want them to be.
The most common one you will find is a 2x magnification, which is pretty decent. Your pictures are much bigger and better visible this way.
However, the best projector for slide viewing will have a higher magnification power, preferably a 4x magnification. This lets you view the pictures in a much larger setting.
But the size of the picture is not all you need to check. How well they are done also matters. Hence look at the image clarity to see how well pictures are magnified, if details are visible, how the colors are seen and if they are blurry.
It is very important that you buy a device which is easy to use. This mainly depends on how a device is designed. Some slide projectors accept only one slide at a time.
While this is not really bad, this slows down your process where you have to insert one at a time. It takes the enjoyment out of the process.
On the other hand, some designs let you put in numerous slides in at once making the process faster.
You also need to consider the number of slides you want to view. If you have only a handful you can easily settle with the single slide viewer since it will not take long. But if you have got a bunch, surely opt for ones that accept multiple. It will be easier for you.
Since these slide projectors work with a backlight, most are powered using a battery. They will use the typical AA, AAA, or DD and similar formats.
The other one is solar power. But this is not commonly found in most models, and is specific to the higher-end models. So you can definitely get this too, but be prepared to see a higher price tag with this.
Some models also have more than one source of power. This is not normally required, but if you are buying the device for business or work purposes where you want to be extra cautious, you can go for it. Because batteries can run out at sudden times leaving you powerless if you do not have backup.
If you want to breathe life back into your old photos, you need the best slide projector out there. But you need to be careful to get the right one, which is a little time consuming given all the options.
If you are not keen on research, simply check out this article that covers all the main points to note. From the top models to the qualities to check to comparisons to see how each holds up against the next.
These will let you make an educated purchase so you can be satisfied with your new device and can properly enjoy your old photos once again.