In the last few years, the subsequent use of sublimation has increased significantly. Whether it’s a coffee mug, t-shirt, or a phone case cover, you will find it everywhere. In today’s world, customizing and personalizing products has become a trend that seems to rise progressively. So, if you’re planning to run a business or simply gift someone with a DIY customized item, you will need a good sublimation printer. To help you reduce the hassle and stress of finding the right products during online shopping, we present this guide to you for the best sublimation ink printer in 2022. We have incorporated reviews, a buying guide, and FAQs for your better and efficient decision-making to buy one.
Best Sublimation Ink Printer for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Here is a refined and reviewed list of the top ten best sublimation or heat transfer printers that uses sublimation ink. If you want to get in-depth information on every model, you can scroll down to check our product reviews with valuable highlighted features and a detailed list of pros & cons. This section will help you determine what you need to know when buying the best sublimation ink printer.
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|Epson WorkForce ET-3750||Check The Price|
|Epson WorkForce WF-7210||Check The Price|
|Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer||Check The Price|
|Sawgrass SG500||Check The Price|
|Epson EcoTank ET-2720||Check The Price|
|Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8500||Check The Price|
|HP Laserjet Pro M452dw||Check The Price|
|Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000||Check The Price|
|Epson WorkForce 1100||Check The Price|
|Canon G2260||Check The Price|
1. Epson WorkForce ET-3750
- Fast auto 2-sided printing.
- Print up to 14,000 pages in mono/11,200 color.
- Save up to 80% on ink
- Ideal for high-quality business printing
- Uniquely keyed auto-stop ink bottles.
We have reviewed and ranked the Epson Workforce ET-3750 the best overall sublimation ink printer. This amazing machine ensures fast auto two-sided printing and auto document feeder for up to 30 sheets, making it the most efficient printer. You can save up to 80% on ink with no-cost replacement bottles. This versatile machine has 150 sheet paper capacity. The printer is Wifi certified and needs an internet connection for most of its features.
- This unit offers revolutionary cartridge-free printing with its easy-to-fill tank.
- This printer comes with an easy setup and navigation.
- The use of PrecisionCore printing technology makes this printer deliver high-quality print resolution.
- Users can connect to the printer with USB, Wifi, Ethernet, Wifi Direct.
- The automatic document feeder may show technical issues at times.
2. Epson WorkForce WF-7210
- Versatile paper handling
- Economical – cost-saving
- Optimal networking and wireless printing
- Dash Replenishment
- Periodic Firmware Updates
Currently, the premium pick for the sublimation ink printer goes to the Epson Workforce WF-7210, as reviewed by experts. This printer offers versatile paper handling with dual trays, 500 sheet capacity, 125 sheet output trays, and rear feed for speciality papers. We assessed this device and found out that customers find it cost-saving and economical as it saves 80% less power than other printers. Its dash replenishment keeps track of the ink usage and orders more when it becomes low.
- This printer uses PrecisionCore technology to ensure print-shop quality colour graphics.
- This printer offers speed and versatility with a wide-format sheet of 500 sheets capacity.
- This printer uses 80% less power when compared to the other colour laser printers.
- The unit features dash replenishment that tracks the ink usage and warns if it’s low.
- The product is designed explicitly for Epson cartridges or ink only.
3. Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer
- 23 ppm Mono / 14 ppm Color Print
- 120 sheets Standard Input Capacity
- Amazing quality and durability
- Excellent value for sublimation purpose
- Compatible operating system support
We reviewed and recommended the Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer as the best value for a sublimation ink printer. This printer ensures excellent speed print with the ISO speed ppm of 23 monoprints and 14 colour print. The device has a great standard input capacity of 120 sheets. It offers exceptional value for sublimation purposes. This sublimation ink printer is compatible with operating system support. Moreover, users enjoy fantastic quality prints and durability with the device.
- The unit comes with the Maximum Print Resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi.
- This printer is compatible with all media types.
- The printer speeds up during crucial projects and reports to deliver exceptional quality and durability.
- Amazing sublimation ink printer comes with a limited one-year warranty.
- This may seem like a quirky printer at first, so reading instructions is essential.
4. Sawgrass SG 500
- Set of sublijet-HD inks
- Extensive warranty
- Creative studio software
- Sawgrass print manager
- Stock Design Library
The Sawgrass SG 500 has been thoroughly assessed and reviewed by us, and we would like to conclude it as the best warranty printer. This printer comes with a two-year limited warranty with lifetime tech support. The printer comes with a set of sublijet UHD inks along with 220 sheets of Sublimax brand paper. The printer performs an automatic maintenance cycle to ensure hassle-free printing for users. This printer includes easy-to-use online software with a stock design library too.
- This sublimation printer comes with a long-extended warranty of two years with partner support.
- The sublimation ink printer comes along with a set of sublijet-UHD inks.
- This device offers free creative studio software for optimal usage.
- Well, this printer also ensures a free stock design library.
- The product comes with little information on its technical aspect.
5. Epson EcoTank ET-2720
- Fast, easy-to-use, affordable
- Innovative Cartridge-free printing
- Savings on replacement ink
- High print quality
- In-built scanner and copier
We have thoroughly reviewed the Epson EcoTank ET-2720 and recommend it as the best refill tank printer for sublimation purposes. This printer is fast, efficient and affordable in the market. Users frequently enjoy the cartridge-free printing option for high-quality prints. You can save about 90% on replacement ink with this printer. Moreover, the zero cartridge waste makes this printer one of the best eco-friendly ones.
- This product ensures genuine Epson print quality with a convenient colour display.
- The printer makes you save up to 90% on replacement inks when compared to ink cartridges.
- This unit’s Unique Micro Piezo Heat-Free Technology produces sharp text works with any paper type and delivers high print resolution.
- Printer generates zero cartridge waste, making it eco-friendly.
- The auto two-sided printing feature is not available.
6. Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8500
- Exceptional media handling capabilities
- Great value printer
- Intuitive touch display and wireless connectivity
- 2-years limited warranty
- Highly compatible
The Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8500 is ranked as the best wireless wide-format printer in our list of top ten sublimation ink printers. This printer comes with an exceptional paper handling feature that prints up to 8.5×11″ on several paper types like cardstocks, speciality media, CD/DVDs, etc. This great value printer saves you a considerable amount on creative projects by in-house photo printing of high-quality resolution. Also, the two-y7ear warranty of the printer makes it appealing in the market.
- The printer’s 6-colour Claria ET Premium Ink system ensures sharp text and vibrant colours for creative projects.
- Print everything like borderless 8.5″ x 11″ photos, customized CDs/DVDs, print on cardstock and other media up to 1.3 mm thick.
- The product comes with a voice-activated printing feature for more fast and easy performance.
- This printer allows the compatibility of mobile devices with the Epson smart panel app to make prints.
- The printer gives the best results for sublimation with 6-colour sublimation ink.
7. HP Laserjet Pro M452dw
- Fast and efficient printing
- Anti-fraud technology
- Two-sided printing
- Wireless connectivity and Ethernet networking
- Mobile printing options
We have been looking for the best wireless colour sublimation ink printer, and the HP Laserjet Pro M452dw came up as the best one. This printer is fast and efficient with its functioning like print, scan and copy. You can breeze through multipage documents through the two-sided printing option. The anti-fraud technology of the printer protects your information and keeps the document confidential.
- This product ensures easy management of print jobs with efficiency and speed.
- The printer comes with a one-year limited hardware warranty and 24×7 web support.
- Presence of a private print feature protects information and controls access to confidential print.
- This printer comes with a 3.0 colour touchscreen for optimal display.
- The printer doesn’t support the auto document feeder option.
8. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000
- Professional Ultra HD photo quality
- Auto 2 sided document printing
- Dash Replenishment
- Fast Speed
- Simple setup and easy navigation
After thorough review and assessment, we recommend the Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 as the best Alexa-incorporated printer. The term ‘Alexa-infused’ means that the printer works on a voice-activation system through Alexa to control access to the printer. This printer comes with an auto two-sided documentation printing option that makes printing faster and easier. Moreover, the data replenishment feature enables it to track down ink usage and alert users when it’s low.
- This printer features a 50-sheet rear tray for specialty media, including cardstock that accommodates various paper finishes and borderless sizes.
- The unit includes Red and Gray inks for an ultra-wide colour gamut and enhanced black-and-white prints.
- Users love the smaller footprint of this device.
- The professional ultra HD photo quality ensures excellent borderless prints up to 13X19″.
- The printer is not compatible with third-party sublimation ink.
9. Epson WorkForce 1100
- Wide-format prints
- Smart Ink System
- Advanced MicroPiezo printhead technology
- Saves energy and paper
We consider the Epson workforce 1100 as the best highlighter-friendly printer with so many features, including protection for important documents. This printer ensures wide-format prints for versatile and large prints, delivering up to 13×19″ prints. The printer also offers a smart ink system that enables you better control ink usage. Moreover, its advanced micro piezo printhead technology optimizes the print speed and ensures sharp, precise ink placement.
- Users can enjoy the wide-format prints to view every detail with large prints up to 13×19″.
- This printer allows you to print more without worrying about changing cartridges more often.
- The unit is specifically designed for reliable paper feeding, ensuring fast and efficient prints.
- This product comes with a one-year limited warranty, access to exclusive templates, tutorials and offers with product registration.
- Limited best use for business purposes only.
10. Canon G2260
- Fast print speed
- Flatbed scanner
- Refillable MegaTank Ink System
- Easy Connectivity
- Low-cost printing
Our review and evaluation suggest the Canon G2260 as the best all-in-one wired sublimation printer. This printer ensures fast print speed with ISO ppm of ’10 monoprints and six colour prints. Also, the machine comes with a flatbed scanner for efficient functioning. The refillable mega tank ink system ensures lower costs for replacing bottles and accurate ink placement. Thus, this printer enables users with a low-cost printing option while performing the operations with easy connectivity over USB cables or Wifi.
- The printer comes with an ink bottle set that saves you up to 1175 for users.
- This printer has refillable ink tanks and a simple setup, enabling easy, efficient print.
- The machine comes with a 2-line LCD that allows an optimal user-friendly interface experience.
- It allows you to print, copy and scan with high efficiency in functioning.
- This unit doesn’t support auto document feeder and mobile device printing.
Here are a few things that you must know and remember while buying the best sublimation ink printer. We have applied our expertise to present this thorough buying guide to help you choose the best product in the online market. So, check them all.
ISO Speed PPM & Maximum Sheets
At first, you must look for the ISO PPM of the printer to determine how fast it can print documents or papers. Also, look for the maximum tray capacity of the printer to ensure it fits your requirement or not. However, it’s always best to pick the printer with the fastest ISO PPM and maximum sheet count around 200-300. Brands like HP LaserJet Pro M452dw have the fastest ISO speed for printing.
Connectivity Type & Options
You must look for the connectivity type options offered by the printer manufacturer. With the latest technological advancement, you will get sublimation printers with various connectivity options like Ethernet, Wifi direct, Wifi, and USB connection port. As a smart buyer, you must pick the one with at least two connectivity options at a reasonable price.
Features & Design
When looking for the best sublimation ink printer, you must go on an online shopping hunt to pick one of these ten printers based on the features that satisfy you the most. You must check if the features are right for your specific need from the printer or not. Also, look for the design of the printer to get the upper hand in this matter. The design plays a role in determining the appeal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which paper is ideal for sublimation?
Heat transfer papers or the 110-120 gsm is the ideal paper for sublimation. As the paper is prone to damp with humidity, However, this paper becomes soft and stiff over the same time. The 110-120 gsm will be the right choice as it will help avoid stiffness while printing.
Which ink is best for sublimation?
Currently, the Hiipoo is in huge demand and best selling sublimation ink in the market. This ink can be used over several Epson printers, including C88, WF7710, C88+, and all other EcoTank models. This sublimation ink ensures to show precise colours with easy access to different surfaces.
Can I mix different brands of sublimation ink?
Yes, you can mix them, but the end results are always heart-breaking, and at times disastrous. If you don’t run a cleaning kit or don’t go through the purge cycle, you must avoid mixing two brands of ink for the printer.
This guide has all the enumerative and in-depth details that you need to know before buying the best sublimation ink printer. With the easy-to-understand and comparable reviews, buying guide, and some FAQs, picking up the best sublimation ink printer will become easier and faster. So, take the best advantage of this guide to buying the best product.