If you’re new to projectors in particular, then you need some info on how to select the best ultra short throw projector for your needs. To help you, we have prepared this in-depth guide that will help you to choose the device best suited to your needs. You will find informative reviews, a tabular guide and an enumerative buying guide. Keep reading to know more!
List Of Best Ultra Short Throw Projector
- Bomaker 2021 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector
- LG HU85LA Ultra Short Throw Smart Cinebeam Projector
- LG HU70LA Ultra Short Throw 4K UHD Projector
- WeMax Nova Ultra Short Throw 4K Laser Projector
- VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector
- Samsung The Premiere Projector With 4K UHD Technology
- Optoma CinemaX P2 Ultra Short Throw 4K Projector
- ViewSonic LS810 Ultra Short Throw 4K Laser Projector
- XGIMI H2 True 4K 1080p Home Theatre Projector
- OMMC 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector
The Best Ultra Short Throw Projector for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Since we all like to have the basic information about products laid out for us systematically, we have compiled a table with the top 10 ultra short throw projectors that we could find. All the relevant info has been recorded for you.
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|Bomaker 2021 Ultra Short Throw Projector 4K||Check The Price|
|LG HU85LA Ultra Short Throw Smart Cinebeam Projector||Check The Price|
|LG HU70LA Ultra Short Throw 4K UHD Projector||Check The Price|
|WeMax Nova Ultra Short Throw 4K Laser Projector||Check The Price|
|VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV & Home Theatre Projector||Check The Price|
|Samsung The Premiere Projector with 4K UHD||Check The Price|
|Optoma CinemaX P2 Ultra Short Throw 4K Projector||Check The Price|
|ViewSonic LS810 Ultra Short Throw 4K Laser Projector||Check The Price|
|XGIMI H2 True 4K 1080p Home Theatre Projector||Check The Price|
|OMMC 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector||Check The Price|
1. Bomaker 2021 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector
- Provides 4K resolution
- Quiet and operates at levels < 25dB.
- 2500 Lumen brightness makes it operable in dark rooms also
- Wifi/Bluetooth connectivity
While browsing for awesome projectors in the ‘ultra short throw’ category, we came across the Bomaker 2021 model. This is easily the best model in the average price range – for mainly 3 reasons. First of all, this projector uses Polaris 4K tri-laser RGB – which delivers picture quality far better than the NTSC standard. Second of all, this projector also uses MEMC technology – which is why the images and animations are more fluid and natural. Lastly, it comes with Dolby DTS Surround Sound – making it ideal for all types of screenings and presentations.
- Polaris 4K tri-laser RGB provides high picture quality.
- MEMC technology lends extra fluidity to the animations.
- Dolby DTS Surround Sound provides viewers with 3D audio.
- It has a brightness of 2500 Lumens – making it ideal for small rooms.
- The projector design is bulky.
2. LG HU85LA Ultra Short Throw Smart Cinebeam Projector
- 10 tone mapping technology.
- Equipped with TruMotion video processing technology
- 3-channel laser projection system and 4K UHD clarity
- LG’s webOS Lite for remote use
If you have a bigger budget, then we would recommend you explore the LG HU85LA model. As LG is one of the best consumer electronics brands in the world, their products are of very high quality. This model will allow you to screen films, presentations, video games, etc. in very high quality. You will enjoy 4K UHD resolution which is guaranteed by leveraging LG’s proprietary XPR technology. The 3-channel laser tech of this projector also comes with TruMotion video processing, which will make the frames fluid and smooth.
- The 4K UHD clarity is pristine.
- TruMotion technology makes the frames smooth.
- HDR 10 tone mapping allows you to access identical picture quality.
- The design of the projector is minimal, simple and sophisticated.
- This projector doesn’t come pre-loaded with YouTube TV.
3. LG HU70LA Ultra Short Throw 4K UHD Projector
- HDR 10 tone mapping technology
- TruMotion video processing technology.
- 4-color LED system
- BlueTooth, Alexa and webOS Lite controls
If you’re looking for the best ultra short throw projector 4K that’s affordable, then the LG HU70LA is the best choice for you. You can screen on a surface that’s more than 140” wide and you can also control the projector via Bluetooth or wifi. This projector comes equipped with HDR 10 for premium picture quality. Like all LG projectors, it also comes with TruMotion video processing technology. The color accuracy of this model is also impressive, since it makes use of LG’s proprietary 4-color LED system.
- The picture quality is of extremely high quality.
- You can project on a 140” screen.
- LG webOS Lite makes controlling easy and simple.
- It is compatible with 1080p and 120 Hz gaming.
- This LG projector is incompatible with Disney+.
4. WeMax Nova Ultra Short Throw 4K Laser Projector
- 4K UHD resolution
- Compatible with all kinds of streaming platforms
- Voice command control and setup
- 2100 ANSI Lumens of brightness
The WeMax Nova Ultra Short Throw Projector will provide you with pristine picture quality at a very reasonable cost. The 4K UHD resolution is just mind blowing – and our experience with the pristine picture quality has been good. The colour quality is good and the 8-point keystone correction feature will let you set it up with ease. The projector also comes with Dolby DTS surround sound, which is powerful. Pairing it up with an existing sound system has worked out really well for all our needs.
- The images are not blurred and the color is perfect.
- It’s easy to set up.
- The 8-point keystone correction makes it easy to customize.
- It is compatible with all the major streaming platforms.
- The sound system needs more adjustment options.
5. VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector
- 80” to 150” wide screen
- Cinematic and pristine ALPD 3.0 technology
- Lifetime exceeding 25,000 hours
- 3000:1 contrast ratio
We were highly impressed with the ultra short range of this projector. Even with a space of 7-8 inches, we were able to cast a pristine 80” image on the screen. In fact, it has a rate of 0.223:1 – which is perfect for our needs. The light source of this projector is 6000 lumens, allowing you to get a good picture even in a lit room. We especially loved the ALPD 3.0 Cinematic Technology and the Harman Kardon speakers for the best home theatre experience.
- The contrast is vivid – allowing you to discern various hues.
- Installing the VAVA projector is easy.
- It comes with 7 unique multimedia ports.
- The projector’s 6000 lumen bulb has a long lifetime.
- There’s an input lag with games.
6. Samsung The Premiere Projector with 4K UHD Technology
- Samsung’s proprietary HDR10+ laser technology
- Maximum screen space of 120”
- Filmmaker Mode for viewing cinema
- 2ch audio built into the projector
The Premiere is one of Samsung’s flagship products, being one of the first HDR10+ projectors in the world. The in-built laser technology ensures that all the hues and shades can be discerned on screen. The maximum 120” screen space is ideal for all kinds of viewing needs. We love how the projector can be operated in brightly lit rooms as well, with 2200 ANSI lumens brightness levels. Being cinephiles, we also fell in love with the Filmmaker Mode, which is ideal for cinematic viewing. It can be controlled via Alexa also.
- Filmmaker Mode optimizes the projector for cinematic viewings.
- The 2.2ch surround sound audio is immersive.
- The color and 4K resolution is beyond reproach.
- It can be easily set up and controlled with the help of Alexa.
- The projector has some focus issues.
7. Optoma CinemaX P2 Ultra Short Throw 4K Projector
- Contrast ratio of 2 million:1
- 6 segment color wheel and HDR10 technology
- SmartFIT app configuration
- 3000 lumens brightness
First things first, the Optoma CinemaX P2 has a contrast ratio of 2,000,000:1, making it one of the best projectors in the market. It also has a 6 segment colour wheel and HDR10 technology, meaning that you can view multiple colours with precision. The projector’s bulb also delivers more than 3000 ANSI Lumens worth of brightness. We especially love how easily it can be set up by using the SmartFIT mobile app. Lastly, the CinemaX P2 connects with other smart devices and can be customized for your needs.
- The bulb has a lifetime of 30,000 hours.
- The colour and hues are vivid.
- The smart device connectivity is awesome.
- You can control it with the help of Alexa/Google Assistant.
- Gaming mode is incompatible with the SmartFIT app.
8. ViewSonic LS810 Ultra Short Throw 4K Laser Projector
- Contrast ratio of 100,000:1
- Phosphor laser lamp with 5200 ANSI Lumens
- ViewSonic PortAll features for discreet wireless streaming
We were very impressed by the 5200 ANSI Lumen lamp which delivered a crisp and high quality image. In fact, the phosphor laser lamp has 20,000 hours of lifetime. The projector has an awesome contrast ratio of 100,000:1, which delivered all the hues of the images faithfully. Setting up the projector is easy and all of the included connectivity options are also flexible. We fell in love with the keystone, 0.23:1 ratio, and 4 corner adjustment process, which lets you use the projector in awkward arrangements also.
- The phosphor laser has a lifetime of 20,000+ hours.
- The contrast ratio is very impressive.
- The connectivity options are flexible.
- The 4 corner keystone adjustment process is a godsend.
- The ViewSonic LS810 is rather noisy.
9. XGIMI H2 True 4K 1080p Home Theatre Projector
- 2 8W Harman Kardon speakers
- Durable 1350 ANSI Lumen lamp
- Self-correcting and adjustable keystone correction feature
We were looking for the best ultra short throw projector 1080p that could easily project on a large screen. TheXGIMI H2 True is a fantastic projector, and it can provide pristine and sharp images on screens as large as 300”. Apart from compatibility with both 2K and 4K input, the device offers 1350 ANSI Lumens of brightness as well. Configuring this projector is easy, and it also comes with horizontal and vertical keystone correction. Most of all, we love the OS of this projector – which uses an Android interface allowing a versatile compatibility range.
- It’s compatible with 1080p and 4K images.
- The audio quality is excellent and immersive.
- The setup process is instantaneous.
- It is quiet and does not produce much noise (<28 dB).
- The OS is not official but a reworked version.
10. OMMC 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector
- Compatible with all kinds of streaming platforms
- Contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1
- RGBY 4-segment color wheel for accurate colors
- Equipped with two 10W stereo speakers
The color accuracy of the OMMC 4K UHD projector is just stunning – the laser technology allows you to reproduce the images as-is on the screen. The maximum range of the screen is 100 inches, allowing you to set up an impressive home theatre system. We were impressed by the longevity and stamina of the projector’s laser source. The projector also comes with 2 built-in speakers to give you the most immersive sound. Apart from all of this, there are 7 multimedia ports built into the system. This is a fantastic investment for your family.
- The 10HDR+ technology makes the images smooth.
- The installation is very easy and hassle-free.
- The Android 8 system is easy to control.
- It’s compatible with all platforms.
- The software features of the projector are not advanced.
Here are some pointers that will help you to choose the best ultra short throw projector for all of your needs. Focusing on these factors will help you to make an informed decision while you’re shopping. Soon, you’ll be able to purchase the best projector that’s available in your budget.
Screen Size of the Projector
While you’re out shopping for an ultra short throw projector for your home, you need to get a model that has a good screen size. The projector should be able to provide you with a screen that is at least 100 inches wide. If screen size is an important consideration for you, you should give some serious thought to the XGIMI H2 True.
Brightness of the Projector Bulb
A projector that has a high brightness will be able to project images in a room with bright lighting. If you are going to be using the projector for such an environment, then you should look for projectors that have a brightness rating of 2000 ANSI Lumens and more. For example, the Optoma CinemaX P2 has a brightness rating of 3000 ANSI Lumens.
Compatibility of the Device
You have to make sure that the device is 100% compatible with all kinds of streaming platforms. The best projectors, such as the Samsung The Premiere, are compatible with Amazon FireStick, which means that you can use it to stream Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, etc. Netflix has a weird licensing policy – so you should pick a device that is compatible with the OTT platform.
Native Resolution of the Projector
You need to look at the native resolution of the device as well. As usual, 4K and 1080p resolution is the best choice and it is imperative to look for these specifications. The contrast ratio of the projector will also determine how sharp the colors look while they are being projected on-screen.
Built-In Sound System of the Projector
A top projector is also the one that comes with a killer sound system. The best projectors come equipped with Dolby DTS Surround Sound systems, such as the Bomaker 2021 Projector and the WeMax Nova Projector. The better the sound system and the quality of the speakers, the more immersive your entertainment, gaming and cinematic experience will be.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the brightest ultra short throw projector?
The Optoma CinemaX P2 is the brightest and most powerful ultra short throw projector that you can find right now. It delivers more than 3000 ANSI Lumens worth of brightness for you.
Q: Are there any ultra short throw 4K projectors?
Yes, a lot of the products listed in this review are ultra short throw 4K projectors. These devices can project a 4K quality image on a screen that is 100”+ in size.
Q: Who makes the best ultra short throw 4K projector?
The best projector in this category right now is manufactured by firms like LG and Samsung. Some of the best models are manufactured by companies like Optoma, Bomaker, VAVA, ViewSonic, etc.
This has been a complete and enumerative guide that will let you choose the best ultra short throw projector in your budget. Using the product reviews and the buying guide that has been included in this blog, you will be able to buy the best projector for all your needs.