When you decide to look for the best USB barcode scanner, it’s always advantageous to do a bit of research. Our review will reveal some of the best performers in the market. So, you have a chance to transform your business using any of the products below.
We hope that our products meet your needs and demands when it comes to barcode readers. Read further to learn more about what we have to offer.
Best USB Barcode Scanner for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Before the detailed part of the review, we prepared a table outlining the outstanding features of every product we have chosen. We felt that a table puts you in a better position to make intelligent choices. Let it help you find the best USB barcode scanner for your business.
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|NADAMOO Wireless Barcode Scanner||Check The Price|
|Zebra DS2278-SR7U2100PRW Cordless Scanner||Check The Price|
|Esup Barcode Scanner||Check The Price|
|REALINN Wireless Barcode Scanner||Check The Price|
|ScanAvenger Wireless Portable 1D & 2D||Check The Price|
|Tera Barcode Scanner Wireless||Check The Price|
|NETUM QR Code Scanner||Check The Price|
1. NADAMOO Wireless Barcode Scanner
- Long-distance wireless transmission technology
- Mini-USB receiver
- Two pairing mode
- Two working mode
- Two scanning mode
One thing we loved about this barcode scanner is the fact that it is compact and highly portable. It weighs only 8.06 ounces which makes it easy to take from place to place. In addition, this model utilizes radio frequencies to penetrate obstacles when reading code.
We recommend it because of the service it offers. For instance, it has two pairing modes. One scanner to one receiver allows several units working independently to use different computers in the same space. The other mode is a maximum of 32 scanners to one receiver mode, where one receiver can connect to up to 32 scanners.
We found other intriguing properties like the two upload modes, instant upload mode, and storage mode. Instant upload mode sends read barcodes into a file of your choice. Storage mode, on the other, is useful when using a scanner far away but within wireless range. Data gets uploaded immediately.
It also operates using two scanning modes between manual mode and continuous scan mode. These features, combined with the fact that it is compatible with Windows and Mac OS, also make it a reliable model.
- It has a plug and plays receiver. You don’t have to start looking for drives as long as you open EXCEL or Word.
- NADAMOO wireless barcode scanner offers long-distance transmission reaching 400 meters in the open air and 100 meters in enclosed space.
- This model offers versatility in its functionality. It has two pairing modes, two working modes, and two scanning modes.
- It does not accommodate the functionality of a 1D scanner.
2. Zebra DS2278-SR7U2100PRW Cordless Scanner
- 1D/2D scanning
- Point and shoot scanning
- Auto-host cables
Everything about this scanner spells quality. Its price tag is worth it because of the amount of service it offers. The first thing we noticed about it is its excellent performance.
It has 1D and 2D imaging capabilities to capture barcodes from mobile devices. Also, it can read barcodes from coupons, loyalty cards, and items meant for sale.
We tested its user-friendliness and discovered that it is handheld and ergonomic. Its lightweight design ensures that a user does not experience strain when using it as well. So, it is suitable for all-day use, especially in business situations.
Another reason we would recommend it for use in business setups is because this Zebra scanner is easy to use. You can rely on it to deliver at the point of sale. All you have to do is point and shoot when using it.
It has a guideline that allows you to maneuver without any issue. The manufacturer pre-configures this barcode scanner so that you can use it as soon as you get it. It is unlike other models that require you to program them.
- Zebra DS2278-SR7U2100PRW Cordless Scanner is easy to use. All you have to do is point and shoot.
- It comes in an ergonomic design. As a result, a user does not experience strain when using it.
- This model comes with flexibility in terms of application. For example, you can use it to capture barcodes from mobile devices or prints.
- Ensure that you understand the user’s policy before getting this device so you wouldn’t get disappointed.
3. Esup Barcode Scanner
- ABS Plastic structure
- Multiple code support
- Plug and play
- Two hundred forty lines per second scanning speed
If you are looking for something affordable, you can consider getting this model. Its impressive design is one of the things that users find favorable. The manufacturer designs it with a wide range of functionality as well.
For instance, it can process a wide range of barcodes. When you have to use it, you have to plug it into your computer and get to work. The driver automatically installs once you plug the scanner.
You are guaranteed an easy time installing it. It is ideal for use in busy environments and large businesses. We recommend it for such use because it has a high scanning speed of 240 lines per second. Also, you have the freedom to alternate between automatic and manual with the scanning mode.
- It is easy to use with its plug-and-play mode feature.
- Esup Barcode scanner offers reliable scanning speed at 240 lines per second.
- This model offers virility with the variety of code that it can read.
- It comes in an ergonomic and attractive design.
- You have to be on the lookout for malfunctions within six months after getting them.
4. REALINN Wireless Barcode Scanner
- 2-in 1 connection
- Sensitive CMOS sensor
- Multiple decoding ability
- Computer and laptop compatibility
The manufacturer of this model has users who prefer convenience in mind. For starters, it is wireless with a 2.4G frequency. You also have the alternative of using a USB when the need arises.
One thing we appreciated about this model is the fact that it can support connections in two ways. This scanner is compatible with a computer and laptops. It works because it can connect with Windows, Mac OS, Android, and Linux, which are standard software.
This scanner is one of a kind since it has a sensitive CMOS sensor. It is a component that ensures you can rely on it when it comes to using it. The censor can easily capture 1D, 2D QR barcodes on paper and screen. Also, it can read normal and reverse barcodes.
If you manage a big business, then you have to consider getting this scanner by all means. The design of this device is for application in warehouses, supermarkets, libraries, and the likes. You can rely on it to deliver.
- It is easy to use. Once you connect the scanner to the computer, it automatically links to it.
- This mode offers versatility when it comes to application. It is compatible with standard software, and it can capture barcodes under various conditions.
- You can expect a high level of efficiency from this scanner since it has a highly sensitive CMOS that performs well.
- There might be issues with the wireless connection at first.
5. ScanAvenger Wireless Portable 1D & 2D
- USB and Bluetooth capabilities
- Smart charging stand
- Two scan modes
- Adjustable scanning speed
ScanAvenger puts you at ease when it comes to installation. You don’t have to download any software to get it to work after installing it. It is the kind of scanner you should get if you work in noisy environments.
Apart from the convenience, it offers through a wireless connection, charging it is also relatively easy. The manufacturer pairs it with a charging base that can hold the scanner as it charges.
One thing we found impressive in this scanner is the fact that it has two scanning modes. They connect on a manual basis and intuitively sense. In those modes, you can scan codes using Android and various other programs comfortably.
We recommend it for use in large busy warehouses where there are expansive spaces. It can achieve transmission through obstacles besides obstacle-free environments. You have, by all means, try and look into what you can get from this model.
- ScanAvenger offers fluidity when it comes to code compatibility. Its design also allows you to scan various types of barcodes.
- You have control over transmission speed with this barcode scanner. It can penetrate medium-density obstacles too.
- Users have an easy time using it. Connection happens immediately you plug it in such that you hardly need to do any installation yourself.
- You require the help of the manufacturer to register this product.
6. Tera Barcode Wireless Scanner
- Battery level indicator
- Curved handle
- Anti-shock silicone cover
- 4Ghz Wireless +USB 2.0 wired connection
- Digital and Printed 1D 2D QR Barcode Symbologies
If you are looking for a scanner that you can depend on, you can look at the features of this scanner. The first thing we noticed is that it has an ergonomically curved handle. It is curved and extended to ensure that you don’t experience strain when using it.
Besides having an ergonomic handle that makes it highly user-friendly, it also has an anti-shock silicone cover. This feature protects both the user and the scanner from getting damaged in case of a fall.
We discovered that this model comes packed with a variety of features that add to its user-friendliness. Another feature we found intriguing is the plug-and-play one. Once you plug it in, you can use the USB receiver or USB cable to get it started.
You don’t have to install any extra programs since it comes ready to use. Tera Barcode wireless scanner can also read a variety of barcodes. We recommend it for users looking to have a smooth time using a barcode scanner. All you have to do with it is to point, and it will do all the work for you.
- Tera Barcode wireless scanner is user-friendly. It has a battery level indicator for end-user anxiety.
- You can rely upon this model to deliver as expected. The manufacturer designs it to use wireless and USB connections.
- The construction of this model is with user safety in mind. It has an orange anti-shock silicon protected layer and an ergonomic handle.
- You have to be extra careful when handling this model since it is quite fragile.
7. NETUM QR Code Scanner
- Advanced CMOS sensor
- Physical power switch
- 3-in-1 connection design
- Two scanning modes
- Two upload modes
When looking for the best USB barcode reader, it’s essential to have this one in the list of models you would like. First of all, setting it up is a breeze. Then, you can connect it to your laptop or computer. This feature fits using it in a warehouse setup.
You will appreciate the fact that it is pretty lightweight as well if you work in busy environments. We also find the size of the battery convenient since it plays a part in its lightweight nature.
Its advanced CMOS sensor ensures that you have an easy time scanning. It can capture code from various mediums without any issues. The design is pocket-friendly so that you can take it anywhere with you.
With this scanner, you have an option between manual and automatic scanning. You still have absolute control over either of the modes you choose. This model represents convenience at very friendly prices.
- It is accessible to users. You have the option of using it in manual mode or utilizing the sensor using the auto-sensing feature.
- NETUM QR code is energy efficient. There is a button for you to switch it off when not in use.
- Users get to experience versatility and efficiency since it can scan different types of barcodes.
- You might experience a challenge scanning code that is smaller than the regular size.
Buying Guide for the Best USB Barcode Scanner
Now that you know your options regarding selecting a USB barcode reader to help you with the inventory. Let’s have a look at specific features that set every model apart. These characteristics we are about to review below play a significant role in how smooth you will have it when using your barcode scanner. Let us dive into it.
USB barcode scanners come with different types of connectivity. There are wireless ones that use Bluetooth to connect and transmit data to your management systems. You might find these kinds of scanners more efficient than others that use cable connectivity. NETUM QR Code Scanner is an excellent example of a scanner that uses all the connectivity forms.
Check on the warranty that the manufacturer of the USB barcode scanner of your choice offers. Most scanners come with a two to five-year warranty. It’s better to get a scanner with a more extended warranty which is an advantage for you.
This aspect should be one of the first things you check on your scanner. It’s all about the distance that the scanner can decode barcodes. Symbologies determine the scanning distance in different barcode scanners. For instance, some barcode scanners can decode 1D barcode distance at 10 to 12 inches.
Operating Systems and Software Compatibility
Some scanners can operate using common platforms like Android. Others come with in-built software that allows users to custom applications for the scanners. Also, you may come across scanners that are compatible with Microsoft Windows and IOS. Ensure that you understand what it takes for you to use your barcode scanner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much scanning distance does a USB Barcode Scanner require?
The distance that your barcode scanner requires depends on the application you have in mind. Always hold the scanner as close to the code as you possibly can.
Q: Are barcode scanners accurate?
Barcode scanners have features that allow them to accomplish at least 99% accuracy and scanning rate.
Q: How do you choose a barcode scanner?
You always have to consider the kind of code you plan on scanning. Also, the scanning distance should be an important feature to look into.
Getting the best USB barcode scanner is an integral part of opening a business. You have an easy time organizing and categorizing your goods with a suitable barcode scanner. Scanners exist to make work easy. Ensure that you go for quality first regardless of the price. Now that you have an idea of what is out there, you can take the appropriate steps to get one.