The printer is a vital part of every office and home these days. A good printer helps print documents and has become an important tool in everyday life. Many of the printers can help us in making business-related cards or photocopies of important documents, but only a few printers can help us in printing the shipping labels for our packages.
If you are into e-commerce, printing shipping labels is a big part of your job description. It is impossible to ship the products to your customers without these labels. If you are doing this manually, it’s time to upgrade and buy the best USPS label printer for business.
USPS label printers are different from regular printers because they can print on thermal and adhesive paper. They come with their own software and support, making them easier to set up and use.
Best USPS label printer for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
With so many label printers in the market, choosing the best USPS label printer can be quite difficult. But don’t worry, we have a way out of this problem. First, a comparison chart that briefly describes the top 7 printers to consider for printing shipping labels.
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|ROLLO Shipping Label Printer||Check The Price|
|MUNBYN Thermal Label Printer||Check The Price|
|MFLABEL Label Printer||Check The Price|
|DYMO 1755120 LabelWriter||Check The Price|
|Brother QL-800 High-Speed Professional Label Printer||Check The Price|
|K Comer Shipping Label Printer||Check The Price|
|AOBIO X4 Shipping Label Printer||Check The Price|
1. ROLLO Shipping Label Printer
- Thermal Printing Technology
- 150mm/s High-Speed Printing
- Compatible with Windows XP and Mac
- Automatic Label Identification
We have been using the ROLLO Shipping Label Printer for the past six months and have been very satisfied with its performance. The printer requires special ROLLO 4×6 labels that are very reasonable in price and can be ordered directly from the manufacturer on Amazon.
Even though we still have to manually enter each order into the printer, it is a much faster process than using a regular inkjet printer which takes a lot of time to print each label and then dry.
The ROLLO can be used with any shipping platform that allows you to enter a custom printer such as eBay, Etsy, PayPal, Amazon, UPS, and others. It can also double as a barcode printer. It is easy to set up and gives instructions on using it with different platforms. You can print both domestic as well as international labels. The printer works great with Windows 10 as well as macOS.
We have had no issues with this product, and it has worked flawlessly since day one! We highly recommend this device to anyone looking for a high-quality label printer at a cost-effective price.
- It has a smaller footprint than many conventional thermal printers.
- The printer is easy to set up with no drivers required (for Mac – Windows may be different).
- It is compatible with Mac software, including Endicia, ShipStation, AmzFBA Shipping, and more
- The machine uses inexpensive direct thermal labels instead of expensive ink/toner cartridges.
- There can be a slight learning curve on adjusting label position if required.
2. MUNBYN Thermal Label Printer
- Thermal Printing Technology
- Auto Learn Paper Size
- Resolution 300DPI
This is one of the best thermal label printers we have ever used. This thermal printer is so easy to set up and use, and it’s small, compact, and lightweight. Our favorite part is the speed – it’s super-fast!
We were able to get the device up and running in 10 minutes! The instructions were clear and simple to follow. We love that it is portable, so you don’t have to worry about where to set it down when you are finished printing.
The paper comes out perfectly every time and doesn’t jam up as with other printers we’ve owned. The user interface works great too! You can easily print labels from your windows or Mac. This printer is excellent for people who ship a lot of packages. However, you can only print one label at a time.
- The machine prints very quickly! It’s super-fast! It’s silent too when it prints, so you don’t have to worry about disturbing others.
- The printer is small and compact; it doesn’t take much space on a desk.
- Print quality is excellent! You can barely tell the difference compared to printouts from a laser printer.
- The labels are easy to load and read once they are printed.
- The printout is clear and crisp, even with the smallest font size.
- You can only print one label at a time (if you want more, you need to adjust the settings).
3. MFLABEL Label Printer
- 203 x 203 DPI Resolution
- Premium print head
- High-speed USB port connectivity
This is a great label printer; it prints quickly. It has many features that make it stand out from its competitors.
We love that you can change the text size and boldness on the screen before printing it. Most other label printers don’t have this feature! You can also change the text orientation, so you can see exactly what your label looks like before printing. This will allow you to make adjustments to the text, if necessary. This is a HUGE time saver! (Other printers require you to hook up your laptop to set up your labels.)
This printer automatically cuts each label at the end of each printing job – no need to push any buttons or make any adjustments. When you insert a new roll of labels, it automatically feeds just enough into the machine for printing. You don’t have to manually feed it in your labels before printing as other printers require.
The auto-feeding feature also detects when your label roll is low and alerts you when more labels are needed. The auto-cutter feature is another time-saver – no need to cut out each label by hand or use scissors!
The thermal printing of these labels leaves them looking professionally printed – this is great for creating a professional look for your products without the cost of going to a printer. However, – this printer comes with one roll of labels, so you’ll have to buy more separately when you run out. They’re standard 4×6 thermal labels, so you can get them anywhere
- It comes with software that is easy to use, with many templates included for common barcode systems you may want to use.
- This label printer is easy to install and use. You can get started in no time!
- You can even import a list of names and addresses from Excel and print labels for each one. This would be great for sending out Christmas cards or invitations.
- The software doesn’t include a mail merge feature, which would be nice for printing address labels in bulk.
4. DYMO 1755120 LabelWriter
- Prints Extra-Wide Labels
- Free DYMO Connect Software
- 300dpi resolution
The DYMO LabelWriter 4XL is a high-performance label printer designed for postage, shipping, and barcode labels. It prints 4” wide labels for mailing packages and other large items at speeds of up to 53 labels per minute. Printing directly from your favorite applications, the LabelWriter 4XL offers reliable printing for everyday office tasks. It is compatible with PC and Mac.
This printer is perfect for printing shipping labels for small businesses. We ship about 100 packages a day, and this does the job. It prints quickly and accurately, and the labels never jam. We use the DYMO branded roll of labels that are 4×6, and it works great with them.
The LabelWriter 4XL supports USPS® Click-N-Ship® labels, address labels, shipping labels, file folder labels, name badges, and more. With easy integration into existing desktop applications like Microsoft Word®, Outlook®, and Mac Address Book®, the LabelWriter 4XL makes it easy to print professional-looking labels right from your desktop. We do highly recommend this label printer to anyone looking to buy one.
- The DYMO 4XL is a breeze to set up and start printing. Simply plug it in, load the label roll and software, and you’re ready to go.
- One big selling point of this printer is its ability to print labels quickly — up to 53 per minute. That’s a big help if you need to print multiple labels simultaneously.
- The labels are easy to load and self-adhesive, so they don’t require any special tape or ribbon to stick.
- The DYMO 4XL prints labels at 300 dpi, which is comparable to desktop printers. This ensures clear, crisp text that doesn’t smear or fade over time.
- Label rolls for the DYMO 4XL run between $50 and $70 each — which can be a little pricey for small businesses on a budget. However, you can get around this by purchasing compatible labels from a third-party supplier rather than directly from DYMO.
5. Brother QL-800 High-Speed Professional Label Printer
- Super-fast printing
- 300dpi resolution
- No Ink or Toner Required
A colleague purchased the Brother QL-800 High-Speed Professional Label Printer for her parents for a Christmas present. Her parents are retired, in their 70s, and don’t use computers much.
However, they love to have a label printer around the house. It’s easy to use and offers them a lot of flexibility; they’ve printed all sorts of labels for themselves and for us: return address labels for their holiday cards, small label stickers for labeling items around the house (e.g., file folders), large address labels for outgoing mail or packages, even round stickers to give out as party favors at their daughters’ birthday parties.
This label printer is easy to set up; it comes with a software disk that you can install on your Mac or PC computer to design custom templates with various fonts, shapes, and colors. You can also buy an app for your iPhone or iPad that allows you to print labels directly from those devices over WiFi.
One downside, though, is that this printer loses connection with the printer every once in a while and will refuse to print labels until you unplug it from the computer and plug it back in again.
- Setup is super easy; even if you’re not tech-savvy, you should be able to get this thing up and running in 5 minutes or less.
- You can use it with Windows and Mac computers and smartphones (iPhone/Android).
- You can download free applications that allow you to print labels directly from your computer or phone. They are easy to set up.
- This device requires a USBtoGO cable for mobile printing via Android.
6. K Comer Shipping Label Printer
- 150MM/S High-speed
- Automatic Label-Detection
- Stable, Clear Print Head
We LOVE this shipping label printer, this and the ROLLO Shipping Label Printer have been our go-to guy for massive printouts during peak seasons, and we have had no issues with it whatsoever. We run a small business and ship out different products every day. This little guy is fantastic! It prints fast, and the prints are clear, crisp & clean. This machine has saved us so much time and energy when printing labels.
“Easy to use” is definitely an understatement. You can download their app, then follow the instructions given on their website. Simply plug your printer into your computer via USB, set up your accounts on whatever e-commerce site you use, then press print and BOOM! You’re done! You can even save your labels if you need to reprint them at a later date.
One thing that would make this printer better will be if it is compatible with ChromeOS. But other than that, we highly recommend this printer for anyone who ships out things often and gets tired of wasting all their time going to the post office or printing things at home with inkjets.
- The printer is high-speed, accurate, and produces excellent prints.
- It functions with any kind of direct thermal label stock (with the right size and with a gap)
- It is very portable, light, and small for a thermal printer
- The label printer is user-friendly and easy to use! 1-click installation on Windows/Mac, and no need to do anything else.
- There is no need to calibrate!!! The printer itself calibrates every time you turn it on!
- You have to buy labels from K-Comer for this printer. They offer a mix of sizes and materials, but if you’re looking for something generic, it might take some time to find what you need.
7. AOBIO X4 Shipping Label Printer
- Overheat Protection
- No Ink or Toners
- Support Roll or Stack Type Labels
We love this printer; it is absolutely incredible. It is faster than many old printers and very easy to use. The print quality is fantastic, and the best part about it is that it can print labels for Amazon FBA orders.
The printer comes with a USB cable and a power cord; you don’t need to install any software or drivers, just plug it in and start printing. You just need to download the windows or mac app from the website, and you are ready to go.
You can choose between 4×6 or 4×8 labels. If you are using 4×6 labels, you will have space left on the label, which will allow you to write the invoice number or service number at the bottom of your label.
However, we must warn you that setting up the printer driver takes a while. And the label paper needs to be aligned in the middle of the roll for optimal results. Once you set it up correctly, it is one of the best USPS label printers , and we highly recommend it.
- This printer works with macOS and Windows 10.
- There’s an adjustable paper feed to ensure your labels feed smoothly.
- It doesn’t require ink cartridges- the labels are thermal, so there are no moving parts or ink to wear out.
- It auto-detects the type of label you are using and adjusts the print accordingly.
- The machine prints the label slightly off-center but is still okay for shipping.
Best USPS label printer: Buying Guide
The market is flooded with numerous USPS label printers, and your task can be made more difficult if you want the best USPS label printer. While there are a lot of factors to consider when shopping for such a device, here are some things that you need to keep in mind:
It is essential to check for the printer’s compatibility before buying it. Check if the label printer is compatible with your shipping or mailing software. Some printers are compatible with both Windows and Mac OS like the ROLLO Shipping Label Printer and the MUNBYN Thermal Label Printer, while some are not like the MFLABEL Label Printer. The most popular mailing software programs are Endicia, UPS Worldship, and Stamps.com. If you’re using a standalone mailing scale, check if it can connect to the printer you want to buy.
Speed and resolution
Another thing to check is the speed and resolution of the printer. Label printers usually have a print speed of 3-12 inches per second (IPS). However, the higher-end models can go up to 152mm/s like the AOBIO X4 Shipping Label Printer. Most label printers also offer a 300 dpi resolution, which should be enough for most USPS labels. However, if you want a higher resolution, then look for one that offers 600 dpi.
Another important factor to check is whether you need a wired or wireless connection. Wireless connections allow you to print USPS labels from anywhere in your office. In contrast, wired connections restrict you to a particular area. If you want to use your printer in just one location, go for a wired model like the Brother QL-800 High-Speed Professional Label Printer..
You don’t want your USPS label printer breaking down on you in the middle of an order rush, so it’s essential to check reviews and find out what other people are saying about the reliability of different printers before buying one yourself.
You also need to check the maximum print width offered by the device. Usually, 2 inches wide labels should be enough for most USPS shipping labels, but if you prefer bigger ones, look for one with at least 4 inches of print width.
Most manufacturers offer some kind of support for their products if something goes wrong or if you have questions about how something works. Pay attention to this when shopping for a new printer and how much it costs to get help from support staff if something breaks down unexpectedly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which is cheaper, printing at home or going to the post office?
It depends on the label maker you choose. If you expect to print hundreds of labels in a given month, even a small investment might be worth it overpaying a third-party service. But if you’re only printing a few at a time, consider getting them printed professionally and save yourself some money.
Q: Why do people choose to print their own shipping labels?
The number one reason people choose to print their own shipping labels is that it is more cost-effective when compared to purchasing labels directly from carriers and box companies. Other reasons are that designing your own label allows you to customize the appearance and make it more professional, provides a sense of accountability for shipments, and reduces shipping mistakes by using the same label for all shipments.
Q: Can I print shipping labels on regular paper?
Yes, you can print shipping labels on regular paper. However, you should consider using specialized, pre-cut label paper to ensure that your labels will stick to packages and envelopes properly. Some websites offer this specialized shipping label paper for a small fee.
All you need to do is choose the best USPS label printer from our list of the highest-rated and most popular products. Whether you need a USPS label printer for personal or for business use, this list can help you choose one among the many available products in the market. We have checked out different models, so now it’s all about your preferences. Scroll back up, choose what suits you most, and take your pick! And as always, feel free to share your experience with these products in the comments below.