From our own experience, we’ve found that one of the most successful marketing tools out there is stickers! Not only do they make your company stand out, but they also stick with people long after they’ve moved on from whatever else they were looking at.
You need to make sure that the stickers you’re buying won’t fall apart on the back of your customer’s car or boat. There are many options for waterproof sticker paper, and you want to be sure about their adhesive quality and other criteria before you buy. Here we review the 7 best waterproof sticker paper on the market. These excellent paper stickers will withstand the elements far longer than regular sticker paper can.
- Oil-resistant waterproof labels
- Scratch and tear resistance
- Painted surfaces, glass, metal, and plastic compatible
List Of Best waterproof sticker paper
Best waterproof sticker paper for 2022 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Trying to find the best waterproof sticker paper can be tough. You have to ask a lot of important questions before making your decision. The most important being… “will this stick on all of my products?” The comparison chart below lists and compares the best waterproof sticker papers rated based on their functionality
|Image||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|Avery Waterproof Oil-Resistant Film Labels||Check The Price|
|ZICOTO Store Printable Vinyl Sticker Paper||Check The Price|
|Neato Clear Sticker Paper||Check The Price|
|TownStix Store Printable White Sticker Paper||Check The Price|
|Online Label Stores Sticker Paper||Check The Price|
|Limia’s care store printable vinyl sticker paper||Check The Price|
|BETCKEY Store Full Sheet Sticker Paper||Check The Price|
1. Avery Waterproof Oil-Resistant Film Labels
- Oil-resistant waterproof labels
- Scratch and tear resistance
- Painted surfaces, glass, metal, and plastic compatible
Without a doubt, one of the best waterproof sticker papers that we tested is the Avery Waterproof Film Labels. It’s an opaque glossy film with a smooth surface compatible with laser and inkjet toner inks. The adhesive is permanent, but it’s also very thin and flexible, so your stickers can be removed from glass or plastic if needed.
There are two main drawbacks to this product. First, it’s rather expensive for a pack of 10 sheets (competitors are mostly under this price). Second, it’s not “true white” like the other papers; instead, it has a slight yellow tint. This isn’t as noticeable when printed with laser toner ink, but if you print with an inkjet printer using waterproof inks (like our Epson UltraChrome HDX inks), the color difference is quite stark compared to the other papers.
If these two downsides don’t concern you, we highly recommend this paper for anyone making stickers with an inkjet printer (or laser printer) and wanting something more durable than regular office paper labels. However, if you need something cheaper and/or “true white,” keep reading for more alternatives.
- They stick well and will not come off easily.
- They are durable and won’t be damaged by water or oil.
- You can use them in the printer to print your own labels or write over them if desired.
- No smearing of ink if touched with wet fingers or exposed to oil.
- The paper is not whitish-white.
2. ZICOTO Store Printable Vinyl Sticker Paper
- 5-minutes fast dry
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors, use
If you are looking for high-quality vinyl sticker paper with a glossy finish, this is the product for you. It’s very versatile and suitable for several different projects. We use it to make stickers and labels, but it is also great for scrapbooking, photo framing, decorative cards, and more. The possibilities are endless!
This printable vinyl has thousands of positive reviews on Amazon. Many users highlight its thick quality compared to many other sticker papers. With it, you can create stickers that will last longer and peel off easier than others. You can also use it as an inexpensive alternative to printing on canvas or wood if you don’t mind waiting until they dry before applying them.
Here’s something we bet you didn’t know: the sticker paper is thick! And because of this, it holds ink beautifully, so there won’t be any smudges or smears when applying your designs.
- The paper prints very smoothly and dries quickly.
- It sticks to most surfaces with little to no effort.
- It can be used in a regular printer with no special modifications needed.
- The material is thick enough that it doesn’t wrinkle or fold easily.
- No significant cons
3. Neato Clear Sticker Paper
- Laser inkjet and printer compatible
- Weather-resistant labels
We once had a coworker who makes stickers to sell at conventions, and he was the first to inform us on the basics of what to look for in sticker paper – adhesives. You should go for a product with a strong adhesive that will actually stay on your preferred surfaces.
We used this paper with Microsoft Word and Adobe Illustrator to make stickers for our cars, and they came out great! They were easy to peel off and stick on the car, plus they have been able to withstand rain and direct sunlight without any problems.
We were also able to run this paper under running water for long periods without any hint of fading, bleeding, or discoloration. The paper is thin enough that it bends without creasing or cracking as other sticker papers do.
We highly recommend this product if you need a sticker for outdoor use!
- The transparent sticker paper is thicker than regular printer paper; its frosted matte finish makes the print sharp and vibrant.
- It comes with a strong adhesive backing that helps the stickers stay long.
- The sticker paper is easy to remove from the backing sheet and easy to stick to any surface, glossy or not.
- It is thin and tears if you are not careful when peeling it off the backing.
4. TownStix Store Printable White Sticker Paper
- Easy to write surface
- Laser/Inkjet printer compatible
We bought this for a paper crafting project and to print out labels for plastic storage containers. The paper is very nice, easy to print on, and sticks well to the smooth surface of the plastic bins. We are currently using it to make these stickers, but I am sure that we will find other uses for it as well. It is a single sheet of white sticker paper 8.5″ x 11″ inches.
The sticker paper feels like a heavier weight than regular printer paper, and it has a bit of a shine to it, but not too much. The design printed on the sticker paper looks very professional, and the edges feel crisp (not fuzzy). The sheet lays flat and is not curled up when you buy it.
It was easy to fit into our printer, and it printed easily with no issues (on a laser printer). It came out of the printer with zero problems. And had no issues with ink smearing at all. This is a great product. It cuts well but leaves a thin border of white around the sticker that cannot be removed. However, it is not too noticeable, and we don’t mind it. We would definitely recommend this for people who want to make their own stickers or labels.
- They’re easy to print on.
- The adhesive is permanent so once stuck, there is no peeling back up easily like some stickers do at times.
- The white sticker paper has a nice bright white color, not see-through or translucent. No issues printing on it with an inkjet or laser printer.
- The labels don’t have an adhesive border all around them.
5. Online Label Stores Sticker Paper
- Inkjet & Laser compatible
- No slits on liner
- Matte finish
We bought the Online Label Stores Sticker Paper to make a decal for a car. We used an inkjet printer to print the image on this paper, cut it out roughly with scissors, and then applied it to the car window (inside). It was not too sticky, but it stuck firmly enough that It had to be peeled off the back and re-apply for it to stay in place.
We haven’t had it for more than a month yet, but so far, so good! The weather has been mostly dry (we’ve had a bit of rain), but no issues as far as I can tell. It looks great on the glass.
As for printing quality – you will be glad! You get nice crisp lines when you print something on a laser printer or copier. With an inkjet printer, you never really know how clear it’s going to be until you actually print it (even if you print test pages first). This paper was very well suited for printing photos with an inkjet printer, and the glossy finish gives it that nice look when printed on. However, you may have a problem identifying the paper side to print on as both sides look the same.
- They’re the perfect choice for outdoor applications because the paper resists moisture and sun damage. They will stay stuck in all weather conditions.
- The matte finish is an excellent choice if you plan to write on the labels with a pen or marker.
- The sticker paper is compatible with laser and inkjet printers to make printing your own labels fast, easy and convenient.
- Both sides are blank, and you may be confused about what side to print.
6. Limia’s care store printable vinyl sticker paper
- Scratch and tear-resistant
- Compatible with laser and inkjet printers
- Water-based adhesive
This is a highly functional Printable Vinyl Sticker Paper. A team member once used it to make stickers for a cousin’s baby shower, and they came out great. The ink did not run off on a Laser Printer, and they dried instantly.
The only thing is that you have to print them on a sheet of regular paper first, cut them out, then place them onto the sticker paper (with the printing facing down) and then run them back through your printer.
This sticker paper material sticks perfectly to any smooth, hard surface like plastic, metal glass, and more.
The only downside is that these sheets have a sticky back, making it hard to get them out of the package without getting them stuck to each other.
- It is easy to use, just cut and stick!
- This paper is waterproof – will not fade in the sun, tear or melt.
- It comes with transfer tape, which makes it easier to apply.
- The print quality is excellent; the colors look bright and vibrant on the stickers.
- When using an inkjet, you have to cover the stickers with something clear (I use packing tape) to keep smudging to a minimum.
7. BETCKEY Store Full Sheet Sticker Paper
- No slits on liner
- Compatible with inkjet and laser printer
- High-resolution printing
The BETCKEY sticker paper is a great product. We once used it to print out some stickers for a planner, and it was superb! It’s easy to peel off the backing, and it doesn’t rip.
We’ve used other brands that were so hard to peel off the backing that needed scissors to get them started. These didn’t have that problem at all. So far, we haven’t had any issues with them coming off the surface.
We really like that they are on 8.5″ x 11″ sheets, so you can use them in your printer just like regular paper. They also come in a nice package that keeps them protected during shipping and is good for storage afterward. Overall, this is definitely a great product. We would recommend it to anyone who makes their own stickers, or even if you just want some labels around the house or office!
- Print quality is excellent. The stickers are very smooth and have a lovely glossy finish to them.
- They stick well to most things.
- It can be printed on with a laserjet printer, and the ink doesn’t smear or come off when wet.
- The paper is thin, and the labels can be removed easily from the backing.
- The edges of the labels are not cut perfectly straight, so if you want a perfectly straight edge, it will take some trimming.
Best waterproof sticker paper: Buying Guide
Buying the best waterproof sticker paper is tough. There are many different brands/models and price points, which means anything could catch your eye. Like fruit, some sticker papers are more expensive than others: if you want to make sure a particular sticker paper is the right one for you, use this buying guide.
Size And Shape
“Size and shape” is a phrase used for the “shape” you are cutting the image to be printed on your sticker. This is the first thing you will decide when designing your own stickers and can suggest what type of sticker paper to choose. If you’ve got a large or square design, you may want to consider using a thicker material like the ZICOTO Store Printable Vinyl Sticker Paper. If it’s small or round, you can probably go with something thinner.
When it comes to waterproof paper, it’s important to make sure that your printer is compatible. If your printer isn’t compatible, the waterproofing will likely wear off over time — and the stickers you print using this paper won’t last for very long. We wouldn’t recommend buying waterproof paper, only to waste your money because it doesn’t work with your printer. All products in our review above are water and weather-resistant. You can’t go wrong with any one of them.
When choosing waterproof sticker paper for your printer, there are many things to consider. The surface texture is one of those considerations. A smooth surface can be used if you’re printing with an inkjet printer, but we recommend a textured surface for a laser printer. You will also want to choose between matte like the TownStix Store Printable White Sticker Paper and the glossy finishes like the Limia’s care store printable vinyl sticker paper. Glossy vinyl stickers have a shiny or satin look, while matte vinyl stickers have a flat or dull finish and won’t reflect light.
Adhesive strength is a key factor to consider when choosing your upcoming sticker project. Not only does stronger adhesive mean a stronger bond, but it may also identify how long the quality of that bond would last. As well as how durable your finished product will be.
If a paper has a high adhesive quality, you might want to think about saving that for a project you know will involve direct contact with water. A higher strength adhesive will fare better against the water and leave you with more options. If you’re asking yourself what the best waterproof sticker paper is, make sure you ask about the adhesive strength!
The best sticker paper is specially developed for printing the highest quality stickers possible. When planning to make custom stickers, it is important to choose the best waterproof sticker paper that is comfortable for you to use. If your sticker is not top quality, your expensive and time-consuming project might end up in failure.
The make of the sticker paper is critical to getting the best results from your sticker print job. Luckily, there are many types of material you can choose from when buying your own roll of sticker paper. Each type should be considered carefully to get the best sticker print results possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are vinyl stickers really waterproof?
All stickers may be waterproof, but be aware that not all vinyl has the same coating. While you can make them waterproof with a clear polyurethane spray, it must be done carefully and in a well-ventilated area.
Q: Which is better glossy or matte sticker paper?
Overall, both types of paper make great stickers, and they also have their own individual benefits. For example, if you are creating a sticker with many colors and many layers of ink, it will probably work much better on glossy paper because this is the only way to achieve certain kinds of detail. But if you only want your sticker in black and white, save the cost and use matte paper instead.
Q: Can I Wash Vinyl Stickers?
YES, you can wash vinyl stickers. The materials they’re made of are resilient and flexible enough to handle any descent into the washer. Just make sure that you rinse them thoroughly and dry them outside—and remember to put on a new backing for reassurance.
Whether you are a large company or a small business, marketing stickers are an excellent way to spread the word about your business without spending too much money on advertising. There are waterproof sticker paper options available for both home and professional use, and the choice is ultimately up to you. So, if you are looking for the best waterproof sticker paper out there, consider what you plan to use it for and how often you think you will use it to determine which one best meets your needs.