Gone are the days in which offices needed to have a dedicated fax machine along with a dedicated printer. Today, we have multipurpose printers that can be used as a fax machine, if you have a dedicated phone line. If you’re wondering “How do I get a fax number for my printer?”, then we have some great ideas for you. We have listed down all the ways in which you can get a fax number for your printer. You can use these to get your own fax number, even if you don’t have a dedicated phone line for the fax.
Some Tips That Answer the Question “How Do I Get a Fax Number for My Printer?”
Tip #1: Calling the Toll-Free Number Run By MCI
If you’re wondering “How do I get a fax number for my printer?”, then you should give a call to the toll-free number maintained by MCI. The number is 1-800-444-4444, and it will let you figure out what the number on your fax line is. Before you do this, you should conduct a check and confirm whether your printer device is compatible with faxes. The easiest way to figure out if your printer has fax capabilities is to see if it has a fax button or some sort of telephone jack.
Usually, with a fax machine or even a printer connected to the phone line, the fax number is the number associated with the phone line. There’s another clever method that you can use with most modern multipurpose printers. You can use the “Fax” option on your printer and call the phone number on your personal phone. When you do this, you’ll be able to record the number on which the call came from. This is basically the fax number that is associated with your printer, and you can share this info with your colleagues, family members, friends, business associates, etc.
Tip #2: Try to Make Use of Online Fax Services like eFax
Even if your printer isn’t connected to a dedicated phone line, you can make use of the many online fax services that are available today. These services are actually of many types – such as a dedicated account or a use-and-throw account. For example, you can make use of eFax Online, which is a well-known service that you can use to send and receive faxes over the internet. For a very small fee, you can use your own printer to send and receive faxes in a very efficient manner.
How to Send a Fax Using an eFax Online Account
Here are all of the main steps that you need to follow, if you want to send and receive faxes using an eFax Online account.
- Step #1: First things first, you need to sign in to your eFax Online account. Before you do that, you should start an account with the service and select a pricing plan. eFax will let you choose local and toll-free fax numbers, as you need.
- Step #2: You need to enter the name and the fax number of the line that the recipient is using. eFax Online will also require you to enter the name of the country that your recipient is in right now. If you have contacts saved, you can select that directly.
- Step #3: You can then use your printer to feed the documents that you want to send over the line. eFax Online will also allow you to choose a subject and a body for the message. Then, all that you need to do is send the fax and await confirmation.
Benefits of Services Like eFax Online
Here are the primary benefits that you can enjoy if you use a faxing service like eFax Online. It is a great service that will let you send/receive faxes without having to commit to a separate phone line for your printer. First of all, you’ll receive a toll-free and secure fax number that you can use to arrange all your communication. Secondly, you’ll also be able to securely store all of your faxes and documents on an eFax server. It will also allow you to add electronic signatures and access the mobile app.
Tip #3: Use A Free Online Burner Fax Number Provider like FaxBurner
If you want to get a fax number for your printer that’s temporary and free, then you need to look into burner fax providers. A “burner” phone is a cheap mobile phone with a prepaid plan that can be discarded after use. In the same vein, a burner fax provider is a service that will assign you a fax number that can be used for a limited window of time. Our top choice for sending burner faxes and fax numbers is FaxBurner, a well-known website you can try.
How to Use FaxBurner to Send & Receive Faxes
- Step 1: First of all, you need to sign up for an account on the FaxBurner platform. To do this, you can use the website and sign in with your email. If you’re on the phone, you can download the free Android/iOS app. This will let you login fast and seamlessly.
- Step 2: You can use the app/website and ask for a temporary fax number whenever you are in need of one. You can also pay a small amount of money and upgrade to a premium plan, which will permit you to keep it permanently. This is the best choice for businesses.
- Step 3: You can then use the website/app to send and receive faxes. The user interface will allow you to create and compose messages, send documents, etc. You can use your printer to scan documents and transmit them instantaneously with the help of this service.
Summary of the Methods For Finding a Fax Number for Printer
- At the very start, you can try to call the toll-free number 1-800-444-4444 operated by the MCI. This won’t require you to give any additional information, as the operator will give you the fax number associated with your printer immediately after you call them.
- Another hack you can use is to call your personal phone through your printer fax machine. The caller ID number that you can see in your call logs is basically the number of your personal printer and fax machine system.
- You can sign up for a paid online fax service such as eFax Online. These services are actually geared towards businesses, and these will let you send and receive faxes on the go without committing to a dedicated fax line.
- Last of all, you can also sign up for a free 24-hour burner fax number. Use a service like FaxBurner and you’ll be able to get dedicated temporary numbers.
Some FAQs Regarding Faxes & Printers
Q: Are fax numbers and phone numbers the same?
Actually fax numbers and phone numbers may be different, even if they are attached to the same phone line. A fax machine has a fax phone line, while a telephone is attached to the phone line.
Q: How can I get a free fax number?
If you want a free fax number, you should make an account on burner fax providers such as FaxBurner. This will give you a useful 24-hour fax number that you can use to send and receive a limited number of documents.
Q: How does the toll-free MCI number work?
The easiest way to find your associated fax number is to call the toll-free number operated by the MCI. Once you place the call, the operator will give you your associated fax number without asking for any additional information from your end.
Q: Are there any other large online faxing services?
Actually, the advent of email and IM has made online faxing almost obsolete. However, you can make use of services like eFax Online and Google Workspace to send and receive a limited number of faxes and documents on a daily basis.
Q: Do I need a phone line to connect my printer as a fax machine?
If you use online fax services such as eFax Online or FaxBurner, you won’t need to invest in a dedicated phone line. These services will provide you with a dedicated fax number you can use.
This is all of the information that you need to figure out what the number associated with your printer and fax machine is. Hopefully, our advice has answered the question “How do I get a fax number for my printer?” for you. Now, you’ll be able to set up a dedicated fax line and send and receive documents very easily.